Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollis Porter

vCash

Hollis Porter

From Mike Christensen's blog:

Hollis Porter (Hurley) of PRCC leads the league in homers with 19, which also ranks second in the nation.

https://allmississippibaseball.net/

Did we cut him?

vCash
    Probably told him he didn't strike out on enough to make our lineup.

vCash
    what position do they have him playing?

vCash
    So every team in America missed him too? Or is it more likely he simply got better?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    what position do they have him playing?
    They have him playing 1B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    So every team in America missed him too? Or is it more likely he simply got better?
    Oh we saw him. Heck we had him. We just cut him

vCash
    So, I guess now LSU will sign him and he will come back and kick our butts. That would be typical of MSUs fate. My, oh my.

vCash
    He needs some good evaluating which he may not have gotten when he was here. Is the bridge burned with Lemo and company with him?

vCash
    PRCC has these type hr hitters every year, and very few pan out at higher levels. I can think of several over the last few years. Tate Parker, Graham Crawford, Dexter Jordan, Von Siebert, and i could go on. park is a band box, smaller than most hs fields, add in it's also juco pitching. Now Porter maybe a stud but you can't base on hitting hrs at prccc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    PRCC has these type hr hitters every year, and very few pan out at higher levels. I can think of several over the last few years. Tate Parker, Graham Crawford, Dexter Jordan, Von Siebert, and i could go on. park is a band box, smaller than most hs fields, add in it's also juco pitching. Now Porter maybe a stud but you can't base on hitting hrs at prccc.
    Good info 24.

vCash
    Commerce what are the dimensions of that field? I just looked up photos of it and it looks TINY down the lines.

vCash
    I think it's about 330 to right 315 to left (with a pretty high wall) and 360 straight away center. My best guess.

It's nice though.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 04-25-2024 at 02:00 PM.

vCash
    I think it's about 330 to right 315 to left and 360 straight away center. My best guess.
    If it's 360 to dead center then no wonder it's a launching pad

vCash
    I think it's about 330 to right 315 to left and 360 straight away center. My best guess.
    347 to dead center, 320 right and 300 to left. We measured it 😂 because west jones plays jamboree down there every spring.

Oh yeah it is a nice facility although I believe Jones has the best park and facilities in juco, jmo.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-25-2024 at 02:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Commerce what are the dimensions of that field? I just looked up photos of it and it looks TINY down the lines.
    Oops sorry I didn't see your post and just posted the actual dimensions. Me and Ginn's dad used to laugh at how small it was. It's why so many hitters want to play at prcc. Heck my kid hit one on top of the building in left which sounds huge but it's only about 350 to the building lol!

It's like Stringer High school built a juco field lol
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 04-25-2024 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    That is incredibly small. Sheesh.

vCash
    A lot of juco fields are small though that's why so many hr numbers are inflated and then folks wonder why the kids don't crush in d1. Heck West Jones is 315 to left and right and 380 to center.

vCash
    Is there another sport where the size of the playing surface is just....., whatever you feel like?

vCash
    A lot of juco fields are small though that's why so many hr numbers are inflated and then folks wonder why the kids don't crush in d1. Heck West Jones is 315 to left and right and 380 to center.
    I think NWCC in Senatobia has one of the biggest MACJC fields and it's not too terribly big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think NWCC in Senatobia has one of the biggest MACJC fields and it's not too terribly big.
    Yep.