Thread: Corbin - was he behind the CWS fiasco of NC State

vCash

Corbin - was he behind the CWS fiasco of NC State

I remember back then reading that it was Corbin who first brought up the game time rosters were not matching the number of players, or something like that.
    It was Corbin stirring it up initially about the number of players approved to play.

vCash
    I think so. I think it was kind of like the UGA game this year, coach opening the door and then the umps/ncaa blowing it up.

I think he wanted an advantage but didn't expect the game to be canceled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I think so. I think it was kind of like the UGA game this year, coach opening the door and then the umps/ncaa blowing it up.

I think he wanted an advantage but didn't expect the game to be canceled.
    He wanted the advantage and got it. He had most of their team sitting with COVID and then the NCAA came in and blew it up to another level. I can also tell you he wanted no part of us in that championship series. He wanted Texas because their pitching would have been much worse off than ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He wanted the advantage and got it. He had most of their team sitting with COVID and then the NCAA came in and blew it up to another level. I can also tell you he wanted no part of us in that championship series. He wanted Texas because their pitching would have been much worse off than ours.
    That full team scholarship squad of Vandy, and he was looking for more advantages to win. He really is something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    That full team scholarship squad of Vandy, and he was looking for more advantages to win. He really is something
    I'm a people person and I hate to see any human suffering, but that video of the interview with Corbin after the game yesterday was gold! It was nice to see him wallowing in it and his words not mine "it was like getting kicked in the nuts!". Sorry Corbin but I'm not a fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm a people person and I hate to see any human suffering, but that video of the interview with Corbin after the game yesterday was gold! It was nice to see him wallowing in it and his words not mine "it was like getting kicked in the nuts!". Sorry Corbin but I'm not a fan!
    Me neither, and especially how he was lifted by media for years for the assembly of such great teams, when he was clearly working an unfair advantage.

I was amused on the TV broadcast this weekend , the announcers could not figure out why CC Sabathia was there, but they kept showing him all weekend as maybe just a fan catching a Vandy game.
    Last edited by Santiago; 04-29-2024 at 11:00 AM.

vCash
    Me neither, and especially how he was lifted by media for years for the assembly of such great teams, when he was clearly working an unfair advantage.

I was amused on the TV broadcast this weekend , the announcers could not figure out why CC Sabathia was there, but they kept showing him all weekend as maybe just a fan catching a Vandy game.
    He has some affiliation to that Vandy program, maybe a kid on the team? He was at the series at our place last year.

vCash
    He has some affiliation to that Vandy program, maybe a kid on the team? He was at the series at our place last year.
    Maybe so. I thought he had a son at Georgia Tech.
    Thought perhaps he is there for Cijntje

vCash

Yep, he had such a distinct advantage over just about everyone and he's always appeared to me as a whiner. Love to see him get some comeuppance!

vCash
    He?s an ***!! When he coached third he was always trying to distract our pitchers when they had runners on.

vCash
    Horrible for what happened to NC State and gotta really feel for the players however I'd take us going against Vandy a hundred times over than NC State that year. They were on a roll.

vCash
    If I remember correctly if they had to play NC State he would have had to use Leiter against them which would have forced him to use Leiter in a shorter outing against us. Remember we took our Bednar after five because we had to use him to beat Texas and he was on short rest.

Rocker was not 100% and Corbin knew it. I'm it surprised at all that we knocked him around.

Having a fresh Leiter against us was a big advantage for Vanderbilt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Horrible for what happened to NC State and gotta really feel for the players however I'd take us going against Vandy a hundred times over than NC State that year. They were on a roll.
    We would have beaten anyone we came up against. We probably would have beaten NC State in 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If I remember correctly if they had to play NC State he would have had to use Leiter against them which would have forced him to use Leiter in a shorter outing against us. Remember we took our Bednar after five because we had to use him to beat Texas and he was on short rest.

Rocker was not 100% and Corbin knew it. I'm it surprised at all that we knocked him around.

Having a fresh Leiter against us was a big advantage for Vanderbilt.
    Yep yep.

vCash
    We would have beaten anyone we came up against. We probably would have beaten NC State in 2.
    Possibly, but Fox had ****ed McLoud so badly, he was probably destined to get rocked by whoever he pitched against.

vCash
    I agree we were rolling and I felt like we were gonna find a way to win every game that postseason. We just had to many clutch players that postseason