Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash

2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

We have two commits thus far:

QB Josh Flowers from Baker in Mobile, AL - 6'2" 205, 4 Star, 0.9021, #19 player in Alabama. #21 ranked QB in nation.

OL T J Lockhart from Winona Secondary School, Winona, MS, 6'6", 365. Not yet ranked.

Someone who knows how might want to sticky this to the top. Long way until December signing day. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 03-12-2023 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    What's the story on Lockhart?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I got the info on his commitment from a free Paul Jones article on genespage that was posted about 10 hours ago. Maybe someone on here knows him, has seen him play, or knows more about him. Hail State!

vCash
    Big guy with some natural movement skill who gets by with being bigger and stronger than his opponent. Below average feet in pass protection. Can engulf and drive off the ball in the run game. Needs to work on pad level.

vCash
    Currently has offers from Arkansas State, ULL, and Miss. State. Interest from Memphis, Ole Miss, but no offers. It's early, so we'll see. That's the kind of size I'd like to see at nose tackle, but have no idea if he could play on D or not. Best rule of thumb to recruit OL & DL is find the ones who play basketball at their high schools. That's where they learn to move their feet quick and run better. King Jackie liked tackles that were basketball players for that reason.
    Last edited by SpaceBully; 03-13-2023 at 12:13 AM.

vCash
    He tips the scales at 365 LBs

vCash
    Thanks. Stuck to the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Thanks. Stuck to the top.
    Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Big guy with some natural movement skill who gets by with being bigger and stronger than his opponent. Below average feet in pass protection. Can engulf and drive off the ball in the run game. Needs to work on pad level.
    Thanks jimmy johnson.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    a VERY BIG kid. Watched him up close in a game last year. Winona has some nice talent, both OTs are massive, he?s the bigger of the two. Straight up mauls opponents in run blocking, which is to be expected. Was ok in pass pro, but does need to get better at footwork. Very long length. He?s a bit raw, but not as raw as Dolla Bill was at this stage of development.

vCash
    4 star Noreel White from the coast commits to Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Bumphis has his work cut out for him. Needs to flip White and Harrell.

I'm afraid he may be the WR version of T-Buck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

The dude has been here for two months...

vCash

Based on?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    This guy is ranked #10 in the state, but counting a couple of walkon's we have 12 WR's on the roster that range from 5'9" to 6' and from 165 to 190. Several of them are young and a few are 4 stars. Don't get me wrong, I want the best players we can get, especially in-state, but we seem to be seriously overloaded at this WR position and body type. We don't have room for 8 slot players anymore. We barely held on to Tulo and Thomas and we have some highly thought of young talent behind them as in Creekmore. I expect some portal action out at this position after Spring Practice. JMO.

vCash

White wants to leave MS. We were never getting either ofvtgeee two regardless of coach. You calling Bump TBuck is laughable at this point. He's been here a couple months and has no connection to a lot of these kids. I think White is a better defensive prospect than WR anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    White wants to leave MS. We were never getting either ofvtgeee two regardless of coach. You calling Bump TBuck is laughable at this point. He's been here a couple months and has no connection to a lot of these kids. I think White is a better defensive prospect than WR anyway.
    Yeah arky recruiting white to play defense not offense.

vCash
    The concern with Bumphis is that he was brought here to help ?lock down the State of MS? with his ?connections? and name ability. That?s what was sold when we hired him. Now three of the top WR prospects in the state are committed to Tenn, Ark, and OM. OM is also now favored for the DL out of the Coast-meanwhile we are suppose to be the premier DL school in the southeast. What gives?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    He tips the scales at 365 LBs
    6'6" 365lbs. There's my NG in a 3 man front.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    The concern with Bumphis is that he was brought here to help ?lock down the State of MS? with his ?connections? and name ability. That?s what was sold when we hired him. Now three of the top WR prospects in the state are committed to Tenn, Ark, and OM. OM is also now favored for the DL out of the Coast-meanwhile we are suppose to be the premier DL school in the southeast. What gives?
    It's early.... really early