Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Premier DL school in the SE? I think Bama, Georgia, LSU and others would beg to differ.

We?ve got 3 great ones playing in the league right now no doubt. And a couple others like Sweat as well. But let?s not act like we are a dl pipeline to the NFL. Fletcher is on the back end of his career. Jones and Simmons are from 3 coaching regimes ago.

Do we even have NFL prospects on the roster? Kinda hard to call yourself a pipeline if that?s not the case every year.
    Can Young this year, Crumedy next year, Trevion Williams and Denkins the next year.

The point is, you shouldn?t be losing the top MS DL to Ole Miss when we are the ones developing guys into the league. I would?ve loved to see what Benito Jones would have done here..

vCash
    turner being back on staff will be a help in this area. The rest of the incentive will have to be NIL.

Banned
    vCash
    Premier DL school in the SE? I think Bama, Georgia, LSU and others would beg to differ.

We?ve got 3 great ones playing in the league right now no doubt. And a couple others like Sweat as well. But let?s not act like we are a dl pipeline to the NFL. Fletcher is on the back end of his career. Jones and Simmons are from 3 coaching regimes ago.

Do we even have NFL prospects on the roster? Kinda hard to call yourself a pipeline if that?s not the case every year.
    Joined two months ago.

Most posts disparage State athletics and the football team.

Someone call the enforcer, I smell fish out of water.

vCash
    Keep an eye out on Michael Johnson from South Panola. listed as an Athlete was offered last week and took a visit may be a package deal with Julius Pope 4 star also from South Panola.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Joined two months ago.

Most posts disparage State athletics and the football team.

Someone call the enforcer, I smell fish out of water.
    Not disparaging the team at all. Just being truthful. We had 2 guys drafted in the top 2 rounds in the last 7 drafts and that dude was trying to say we were a DL pipeline. Just pointed out that the actual top tier programs in the SEC would probably disagree with the thought of MSU being a DL pipeline, thats all. I didn't realize that this was Jean Swindoll sunshine pumper land.

vCash
    Not disparaging the team at all. Just being truthful. We had 2 guys drafted in the top 2 rounds in the last 7 drafts and that dude was trying to say we were a DL pipeline. Just pointed out that the actual top tier programs in the SEC would probably disagree with the thought of MSU being a DL pipeline, thats all. I didn't realize that this was Jean Swindoll sunshine pumper land.
    His IP says tenn......rocky top hillbilly. get lost bitch

vCash
    We have some insanely soft fans who will try to crucify you for having any sort of slightly differentiating opinion. Dont let them get to you

vCash
    DEDawg speaketh mucho truth

Banned
    vCash
    You're an idiot if you don't think State is a top 10 or better DL School.

Your arbitrary "statistic" is whack as it is. You went and found the way to try to make it sound as absolutely bad as you can. You said last 7 years so that way you could include this year already, to make it sound worse and cutoff when Chris Jones was drafted. If you say last 7 DRAFTS you have to include him. You say last 8 drafts and you have to say Preston Smith.

You also act like State players don't get criminally under-drafted. We've had guys like Denico Autry make a whole career after being undrafted. If you go and pull up DLine from every school from the last 15 years, you're hard pressed to name 5 DLines better than Mississippi State. I choose 15 as my number because it's what kids committing / transferring will have in their memory and cuts out virtually no one still in the league.

We may not be the best, but to try to tear us down like our DLine isn't in that top tier with Clemson, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State just comes across as you either A. wanting to be right or B. being a dishonest party.

Couple that with every other post you've made and you're not here to be a Dawg, you're here to stir shit and "right".

News flash, RockyReb

Msstate7: We have got to steal Hubbard
    RockyDog: Not gonna happen. He wants to play n the Pavilion

You were wrong here and wrong in this conversation. Leave this board. You and KB and a few others that popped up in the January bannings are quite insufferable. We remove Coach34 and 10 more worse versions pop up.

vCash
    removed 34?

vCash
    So C34 died or something? What happened there?

vCash
    Anyone got any recruiting rumors or news to get this thread back on track?

vCash
    nope. we all hiding to avoid the "tater wrath"

vCash
    The Waller kid from Picayune just got bumped to a 5 star by 247, and is now their 22nd ranked player in the nation. Bama effect? I notice we're not in his top 5, but 4 blue bloods and Ole Miss are. I assume he is an OM fan who just listed them to be nice and is going to go to Bama or Georgia? Anybody got the scoop?

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamonta-Waller-46137106/

vCash
    I heard we are after a high end WR from the South but CZA is still waiting on approval from KB before formally offering. He left a voicemail on KBs phone but he still hasn’t gotten from underneath Kilff Kingsburys desk yet to respond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    The Waller kid from Picayune just got bumped to a 5 star by 247, and is now their 22nd ranked player in the nation. Bama effect? I notice we're not in his top 5, but 4 blue bloods and Ole Miss are. I assume he is an OM fan who just listed them to be nice and is going to go to Bama or Georgia? Anybody got the scoop?

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamonta-Waller-46137106/
    Sucks we are never in the market for these types of guys anymore. Welcome to NIL I guess ugh

vCash
    We're basically blocked in Picayune. We 17d things up so bad they barely even acknowledge we exist.
    We'll no get kids from there anytime soon. And let's be honest, this staff is behind with all the change and new system/coaches. We look like we're recruiting better out of state than instate and that's ok, except the class is loaded in MS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're basically blocked in Picayune. We 17d things up so bad they barely even acknowledge we exist.
    We'll no get kids from there anytime soon. And let's be honest, this staff is behind with all the change and new system/coaches. We look like we're recruiting better out of state than instate and that's ok, except the class is loaded in MS.
    I was able to talk to someone I know down that way who should definitely know - they claim Waller has always wanted to play for Ole Miss, but Alabama is making it a difficult decision.

vCash
    4* DL Jeff Rush from the Coast commits to OM. They are also predicted to land the Beavers kid from Bay Springs and are in the top 5 for the #1 player in the state, Waller. This isn?t good at all-the whole reason we brought in some of the guys we did was ?they know the state and have the connections.? Really hope we can turn it on here soon. We shouldn?t be losing MS defensive kids to Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I am fine with us being good out of state, what I don?t like is people pounding how solid this staff is for MS recruiting and that?s why we had to bring in a Will Friend, Bumphis, and Turner because of their ties to the state and we seem, in my opinion, to be getting cleaned in a loaded MS class.