Thread: Did I read our QB commit right? Surely I am taking that all kinds of wrong

vCash

Did I read our QB commit right? Surely I am taking that all kinds of wrong

"It was really cool," Flowers said. "I wouldn't say a dream come true because the dream is still out there but it's a big step in the process."

from the free article on him at 247.

Surely I am taking that wrong....

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, committed as long as his options are limited, how I am taking that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Yeah, committed as long as his options are limited, how I am taking that.
    I think the "dream" involves the NFL, college awards etc....y'all are reading too much into it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    from the free article on him at 247.

Surely I am taking that wrong....
    Pretty sure he is just saying this is the first step to his dream of being an NFL QB. You know...like Dak. Who we used to sell him on being a QB here.

vCash
    Who knows with kids these days because it's hard to understand what they mean anymore but I believe he's talking about making it to the nfl and this is a big step in the process.

vCash
    Yeah I'm taking that as this is the first step of the dream and that the next step would be making it to the NFL.

No kid is like yeah I'm in high school let's be average in college and that's good enough for me I don't want to go further.

vCash
    "Dream come true" would logically be the NFL, in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    "Dream come true" would logically be the NFL, in my opinion.
    Or that Bama offer.........
    Hard to know what he meant. I had to re-read it also. Thinking he meant NC and then NFL.

vCash
    Dang, Blacksails, I read the interview and never thought of it that way. Now I have to worry even more between now and the early signing day in December that he will flip. Heck, bama will probably give him a better NIL deal than us just to put him on their bench and keep him away from us for a year or two.

vCash
    It's just text in article. Even with more context and inflection, it would be hard to say. When i read it, i took it that he was getting at just how fickle all this is. He could get in a car wreck tonight and it could all be over for him. He still has to make it through his senior season without a career ending injury. Who knows what he meant by it.

vCash
    “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them”
    His dream is to play in the NFL and going to State is a stepping stone to that end, it is not the dream per se.

That is my take.

vCash
    It was pretty clearly about just starting the process of getting to college and onward.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Pretty sure he is just saying this is the first step to his dream of being an NFL QB. You know...like Dak. Who we used to sell him on being a QB here.
    Who knows. Weird thing to say. Hope the kid comes here and wins 58 games in 4 years. Wins 3 Heismen trophies and breaks every record in the book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Dang, Blacksails, I read the interview and never thought of it that way. Now I have to worry even more between now and the early signing day in December that he will flip. Heck, bama will probably give him a better NIL deal than us just to put him on their bench and keep him away from us for a year or two.
    Bear did that all the time back in the day when schollies were unlimited. He'd have like a 100+ on the sideline and a bunch of them would have started for us.

vCash
    Him saying it's a step in the process made me think the dream is playing, not signing. I don't even interpret it as talking about the NFL being the dream, just that signing is not the dream, playing is.

vCash
    If signing with a a college is his final dream, we signed the wrong guy. I hope he wants more. Like an SEC championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If signing with a a college is his final dream, we signed the wrong guy. I hope he wants more. Like an SEC championship...
    Yeah. But he's mobile.**