Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11 Seed Playin Game it is vs Pitt

vCash

11 Seed Playin Game it is vs Pitt

Well we got in by skin of our teeth.

vCash
    I dont understand how any of it works bc there are teams with some pretty mediocre records like 19-14 that are 2 or 3 seeds higher than us. But basically we have to play an extra game to get to the first round of the tournament

vCash
    We are in. That is all the matters.

vCash
    We should make a forum rule that bans the unofficial and inaccurate label of "play-in" game.

We are already "in." We aren't playing for that right anymore.

vCash
    I’m just happy we made it. Playing Pitt will make this week entertaining for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I dont understand how any of it works bc there are teams with some pretty mediocre records like 19-14 that are 2 or 3 seeds higher than us. But basically we have to play an extra game to get to the first round of the tournament
    I don't understand either. We been playing a play in game for a month while teams like Aub, Ark, and others are comfortably in the whole time no matter how their losing streak is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We should make a forum rule that bans the unofficial and inaccurate label of "play-in" game.

This it's a field of 68 now not 64.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Well we got in by skin of our teeth.
    Well, looks like all the prognosticators here and elsewhere were wrong. Looks like this draw was predicated on our last 3 performances and our lack of historical success as a program. I really didn't think we were a play in game. I truly believed we'd be a 11 seed but did not expect the play in.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

I agree don't like the playin game label but not sure what else they would call it. Last four in bracket?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Well, looks like all the prognosticators here and elsewhere were wrong. Looks like this draw was predicated on our last 3 performances and our lack of historical success as a program. I really didn't think we were a play in game. I truly believed we'd be a 11 seed but did not expect the play in.
    Our resume was better than a lot of teams ahead of us, but that is what being MSU gets you.

vCash
    Where is ole miss going?

Also, name the SEC teams we beat that are a higher seed:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Not all schedules are created equally. There's a 12-seed that's 31-4

vCash
    Bleh. A playin game sucks ass.

vCash
    Our NET ranking is 48, so being one of 6 11 seeds is about right by that metric. I think it's fair, especially as we had a losing conference record.

vCash
    A lot of subjectivity with the committee among the last few teams and we don't have much clout in basketball. Look at it this way, we had 12 total losses and 3 of them (25%) were to the #1 seed in the entire tournament. We have to be just about the only team in the country that had to play Bama 3 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Where is ole miss going?

Also, name the SEC teams we beat that are a higher seed:
    Ark, Mizzou, TAMU

vCash
    So when did they add extra play in games? They used to only be playin games for the 16 seed. Now two of the 11 seeds are playin games?

vCash
    All the "insiders" on this board need to stop acting like they know what's going on because they don't.

I hate this play in label because technically your not in the field of 64. We still have to win a game before the tournament starts.. its an extra game to play..I'm glad to be in but I'd prefer to not have to win a game 1st

vCash
    Looks like Arkansas squeezed us out into a play-in game. They had basically the same record as we did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Bleh. A playin game sucks ass.
    I agree. In principle I'm not really sure why they expanded from 64 to 68 anyway making 4 teams have to win an extra round unless they were going to use it to let 15/16 seed type teams do a 'play in'. Better than getting left out though.