Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Hines

vCash
    I think Hines has room for improvement defensively but he's coming off injury. I think Clark has his moments too. Those two were about the only two to show up this weekend. Our transfer guys that got bragged on so much looked ruffff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    He?s barely hitting his weight and leading the team in k?s. I wouldn?t call that squaring the ball up.
    Batting .336 with 17 HRs and 47RBIs.... I can't honestly remember the last game he didn't hit a home run.

vCash
    He needs to be more willing to bunt to move a runner over.

vCash
    Hines is on fire. I still couldn't tell if that HR down the RF line was fair or foul. Do we even have a yellow foul pole in that corner? I don't remember seeing one.

vCash
    I think you need to switch him and Jordan in the batting order

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    Hines is on fire. I still couldn't tell if that HR down the RF line was fair or foul. Do we even have a yellow foul pole in that corner? I don't remember seeing one.
    Yep foul pole is there but Hines hit such a moon shot it was almost useless.

Anyone that pitches to Hines right now is asking for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think Hines has room for improvement defensively but he's coming off injury. I think Clark has his moments too. Those two were about the only two to show up this weekend. Our transfer guys that got bragged on so much looked ruffff.
    Transfers looked rough?? You forget Ledbetter's sat game? 2 jacks?? Yes Larry did. Ledbetter helped us win the sat game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Transfers looked rough?? You forget Ledbetter's sat game? 2 jacks?? Yes Larry did. Ledbetter helped us win the sat game.
    Check the date. He posted that after we got dragged by UK.

vCash
    I'll have to admit. Hines looks so much better now than he did when this thread started. He looked horrible at the plate.

Dude is mashing right now. He's got to lay off early breaking stuff still, but he doesn't seem to care what the count is. Whenever he finds his pitch, he doesn't miss it. And he has pretty good patience when behind in the count which is not a quality you find a lot of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Check the date. He posted that after we got dragged by UK.
    ha my bad

vCash
    Amazing what a month can do. I started to call someone clueless until I saw the date. Hines is absolutely mashing now and one of the best in college baseball. That wasn't true not long ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I think you need to switch him and Jordan in the batting order
    I thought about this myself, because that would split Ledbetter and Hines(lefties), with a right handed bat, but Dakota offers Hunter protection nobody else in the lineup can offer. If you pitch around Hines you have to face Dakota, and with Dakota raking, Hines is either gonna get some pitches to hit or you're gonna face Dakota if you pitch around Hines. Tough choice for a pitcher!

vCash
    Hunter just needs to continue to improve and build on this weekend. Oddly enough, statistically he wasn't great at the plate this weekend. He was only 3-11, however his 3 hits were all HRs when we desperately needed them. If he could push that to even 4 or 5 hits for the weekend and cut down on the Ks the top 4 in our order of Mershon, Ledbetter, Hines, and Jordan starts looking like an absolute murderers row. Add that in to Larry and Highfill starting to pick it up in those 8 and 9 spots and we all of a sudden look like one of the best lineups in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I thought about this myself, because that would split Ledbetter and Hines(lefties), with a right handed bat, but Dakota offers Hunter protection nobody else in the lineup can offer. If you pitch around Hines you have to face Dakota, and with Dakota raking, Hines is either gonna get some pitches to hit or you're gonna face Dakota if you pitch around Hines. Tough choice for a pitcher!

Took the words right out of my mouth. With the way Dakota is hitting it right now, if you pitch around Hunter then Dakota will run into one and turn your mistake into a 2 run bomb off the lofts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I would lead off with Ledbetter and hit Hines and Jordan 2 and 3 in the order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I would lead off with Ledbetter and hit Hines and Jordan 2 and 3 in the order.
    Agreed. The top 3 hitters in the lineup always average about 1 extra ab a game and that 1 ab can be huge. Those are our 3 best hitters right now for sure, get them that extra ab!

Senior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    He?s barely hitting his weight and leading the team in k?s. I wouldn?t call that squaring the ball up.
    Did you watch this weekend? We don?t win without him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Hunter just needs to continue to improve and build on this weekend. Oddly enough, statistically he wasn't great at the plate this weekend. He was only 3-11, however his 3 hits were all HRs when we desperately needed them. If he could push that to even 4 or 5 hits for the weekend and cut down on the Ks the top 4 in our order of Mershon, Ledbetter, Hines, and Jordan starts looking like an absolute murderers row. Add that in to Larry and Highfill starting to pick it up in those 8 and 9 spots and we all of a sudden look like one of the best lineups in the SEC.
    Our 1st baseman had a rough series at the plate. Need to get him going again. He is still batting .297 and has scored 30 runs.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 04-17-2023 at 12:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Did you watch this weekend? We don?t win without him.
    You might want to check the date of the post you're replying to. It was a month ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Our 1st baseman had a rough series at the plate. Need to get him going again. He is still batting .297 and has scored 30 runs.
    Hes struggling a little at the plate for sure but he did save forsyth about 3 more errors and that could've cost us game 2. Even as it was forsyth errors cost us 2 runs in a one run game. If Luke doesn't come up with a couple of those throws we lose that game. He's a much better defensive 1B than Hines and why Hines has been Dhing