Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter Hines

vCash

Hunter Hines

There is nobody in college baseball right now that is squaring up the ball quite like Hines is right now. If you haven't watched his HRs, go back and watch on Twitter. His doubles are pretty similar as well. I would not want to be on 1st base when he pulls a line drive down the line. The ball just sounds different. I'm glad he is on our team. He's fun to watch right now.

Archimedes
    vCash
    He?s barely hitting his weight and leading the team in k?s. I wouldn?t call that squaring the ball up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There is nobody in college baseball right now that is squaring up the ball quite like Hines is right now. If you haven't watched his HRs, go back and watch on Twitter. His doubles are pretty similar as well. I would not want to be on 1st base when he pulls a line drive down the line. The ball just sounds different. I'm glad he is on our team. He's fun to watch right now.
    First baseman is the only guy on the field that really has to worry about Hines hitting a ball to.

Anyone that doesn't pitch Hines outer third and heavy off speed is an idiot. Him and Kellum Clark won't hit above .200 in conference play if they don't start covering the outer third better and having an inside out approach. They are tanking balls pull side which is great.

But in conference play those misses won't happen as often. They have to put pressure on the other side of the field or they will be easy outs.

vCash

Swing hard in case you hit it... I guess.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    He?s barely hitting his weight and leading the team in k?s. I wouldn?t call that squaring the ball up.
    He hit .411 this week and raised his average 42 points and had 3 HR. He will be fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    First baseman is the only guy on the field that really has to worry about Hines hitting a ball to.

Anyone that doesn't pitch Hines outer third and heavy off speed is an idiot. Him and Kellum Clark won't hit above .200 in conference play if they don't start covering the outer third better and having an inside out approach. They are tanking balls pull side which is great.

But in conference play those misses won't happen as often. They have to put pressure on the other side of the field or they will be easy outs.
    Unfortunately, but true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

I thought I read something this week about Hines trying to use the whole field more and that coicncided with his current hot streak.

vCash
    Wasn't it either Babe Ruth or Hank Arron that led MLB in strikeouts?

We have some big sluggers on this team.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Babe Ruth career avg was 345 and Hank Aaron career avg was 305. Avg means a lot more than the number of bombs you hit. It?s baseball not adult league softball.

vCash
    Him and Clark are the same players they were when they stepped on campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He hit .411 this week and raised his average 42 points and had 3 HR. He will be fine
    But still.

vCash

Babe Ruth lead the league in Strikeouts 5 times. However he never had more than 93 K'a in a season. Totally different era with strikeouts considered a disgrace by hitters and much different pitching than today. For reference there were over 160 players last season with more than 93 strikeouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But still.
    Clark is the bad one - he only hit .375 this week with only 2 HR. He's only raised his average 80 points since the Ohio State game.

vCash
    Babe Ruth career avg was 345 and Hank Aaron career avg was 305. Avg means a lot more than the number of bombs you hit. It?s baseball not adult league softball.
    You can't defend your comment so you change the narrative. Playbook of those with a weak argument.

1. Changing the topic from strikeouts to hitting ave does not win your point.

2. I never said anything about hitting bombs.

3. Insulting another view doesn't make you win your point either.

Hines is good at the plate, however you want to slice it.

Come on man.

Archimedes
    vCash

You can't defend your comment so you change the narrative. Playbook of those with a weak argument.

1. Changing the topic from strikeouts to hitting ave does not win your point.

2. I never said anything about hitting bombs.

3. Insulting another view doesn't make you win your point either.

Hines is good at the plate, however you want to slice it.

Come on man.
    He is hitting 240 that?s not good. Defend 240.

vCash
    He is hitting 240 that?s not good. Defend 240.
    He's hitting .240 because he started the season ice cold. I tell you what. You tell the next team we face that he's hitting .240 / I bet they will feel pretty confident he's an easy out***

vCash
    I?m going to have to defend Hines and Clark here even though I was critical of them earlier and felt they needed to sit. Not dir for a long time, just sit a game or two during the mid week. Two years ago Rowdy Jordan and Tanner Allen had slow starts. They played through it and led us to a NC! Let?s let Hines and Clark work through it.

vCash
    He's hitting .240 because he started the season ice cold. I tell you what. You tell the next team we face that he's hitting .240 / I bet they will feel pretty confident he's an easy out***
    Bump for an Easy out

vCash
    The Lewis boy from Vicksburg (Warren Central) that Lemonis ran off is tearing it up at Troy. He was the national player of the week a week or so ago. Lemonis told him in effect to look elsewhere because he wasn't going to get much playing time at State. Guess stuff happens when talent is not seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    The Lewis boy from Vicksburg (Warren Central) that Lemonis ran off is tearing it up at Troy. He was the national player of the week a week or so ago. Lemonis told him in effect to look elsewhere because he wasn't going to get much playing time at State. Guess stuff happens when talent is not seen.
    This thread is about Hunter Hines and his talent - he is on our team. Troy has played nobody any good on their schedule yet. They just lost a series to Florida Gulf Coast.