Thread: Apex towing

vCash

Apex towing

My granddaughter lives in the large apartment complex off of Blackjack Rd. in Starkville. Her car is presently in the shop blown engine. That car has the decal on it allowing her to park in that apartment complex. The company she works for is paying for a rental car for a brief period. She is required to travel the state for extended periods of time so she?s rarely at her apartment during this summer.

The other evening she had returned home to her apartment in her rental car. She and her boyfriend parked in front of her apartment while boyfriend ran up stairs to granddaughter?s apartment to retrieve something. Granddaughter remained in the car with the engine running. Granddaughter heard a loud noise at the back of her rental car. Turned around to see a tow truck hooking up to her rental car. About that time some guy was tapping on the window demanding that she get out of the car. She was afraid. Finally she gets out of the car and the guy tells her that she is illegally parked that he was going to tow her car. She tried to explain the situation. The tow truck guy wouldn?t listen. He demanded that she pay him $200.00 right then or he was going tow it and it then would cost $300.00 if he actually did tow the car away. Granddaughter historically gives the tow truck guy her debit card and tow truck guy charges $200.00 on the card. Then leaves.

My wife- granddaughter?s grandmother goes to Starkville and goes to this towing companies office and goes off on those people. Wife demands the money be refunded. What they had done to granddaughter was wrong and unlawful. That if granddaughter didn?t receive a refund that wife would pursue the matter all the way to the Ms Attorney General office. After much discussion and lies told by the towing companies office manager granddaughter is supposed to receive a refund and that Apex towing was such a good company that they would throw in a free oil change.

Y?all in Starkville need to stay clear this company. After further research I found where this company has done similar type towing to dozens of other college kids. Fleecing these kids is wrong. My granddaughter works hard all summer to make money for school.

vCash
    The city and county needs to get control of this issue. I'm assuming the towing companies are kicking back some money to someone in local government as they operate with impunity.

If a lot is full, then i can see getting towed, but if the lot is not full and a car without the proper decal is parked, then it should be a boot situation, not a tow. This is how it is done in many places. Do a boot and charge $100 (or whatever to remove it). It's cheaper than a tow and much easier on everyone. Although the towing company would get less money, their costs would decrease significantly.

vCash
    Again, y?all in Starkville need to shut this business down. It?s criminal what they are doing.

vCash
    I?ve met the owner, and I am not surprised.

vCash
    that sounds like car-jacking and she needs to fight back. Here in BR there is Riverside towing that operates in a similar way, they have deep connections with the local politicians/bribes as well.