Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selection Sunday

vCash

Selection Sunday

Man it feels good to be nervous on Selection Sunday once again. What is everyones prediction on where we end up. I think we are an 11, but in the field of 64. No play in.

vCash
    Play in vs Arizona st

vCash
    Happy selection Sunday boys. Soak it in cause this is a rare occurrence for us. 10 or 11, no play in

vCash
    Not calling it "Play In" but I think we are one of the last 4 in, so we play in the First Four on Tuesday or Wednesday.

However, I predict we win it, beat the 6 seed, and lose to the 3 next weekend.

vCash
    We will be an 11 seed matched up with Saint Mary's. I think Providence, NC State, Rutgers, and Nevada/Pitt/Arizona St gets the play in games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Man it feels good to be nervous on Selection Sunday once again. What is everyones prediction on where we end up. I think we are an 11, but in the field of 64. No play in.
    To be honest, I want in but what Jans accomplished in year one has me more excited for the future. If it's NIT.. I'm still happy.

vCash
    Give Jans a lot of credit. What he?s done in year one is really HUGE accomplishment. Especially with no true 3point shooter on the team. 11th seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    To be honest, I want in but what Jans accomplished in year one has me more excited for the future. If it's NIT.. I'm still happy.
    I may catch some grief for this take but here goes. I know if you make the NCAA you at least have a shot at winning the national championship, but realistically our odds are extremely low. That's why if we fall to the NIT I would not be disappointed because there we would have a chance to win the tournament. I know, it would be a "we're 69" but anytime you can hang a banner with the word champion on it then it's a big deal. Do I want to make the NCAA? Of course. Will I go on a tirade of kicking dogs and throwing things at my tv if we don't? No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I may catch some grief for this take but here goes. I know if you make the NCAA you at least have a shot at winning the national championship, but realistically our odds are extremely low. That's why if we fall to the NIT I would not be disappointed because there we would have a chance to win the tournament. I know, it would be a "we're 69" but anytime you can hang a banner with the word champion on it then it's a big deal. Do I want to make the NCAA? Of course. Will I go on a tirade of kicking dogs and throwing things at my tv if we don't? No.
    Hopefully we'd never ever hang an NIT Champions banner....

vCash
    See that is an opinion I respect. The ones I do not respect are the people who are saying they would rather be in the NIT than the “N C Two A” tournament. S/O to our good friend Ben Howland.

vCash
    I'd take a first round exit in the NCAAT over a NIT Championship any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

vCash
    Just a bracket matrix update. We are in 102 of the 105 mock brackets. Almost a universal 11 seed.

vCash
    Gross take

vCash
    This just in: Alabama is really good

vCash
    Ladies are expected to go as well, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Hopefully we'd never ever hang an NIT Champions banner....
    I'd be OK hanging a banner but I would NEVER take it to this cringeworthy level.
    https://southernmiss.com/news/2004/1...rg_Mississippi

And for God's sake, especially DON'T paint a bridge!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Ladies are expected to go as well, right?
    Yes, probably a 9 or 10 seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I'd be OK hanging a banner but I would NEVER take it to this cringeworthy level.
    https://southernmiss.com/news/2004/1...rg_Mississippi

And for God's sake, especially DON'T paint a bridge!
    Oh my...

"To date, the NIT championship is the only national basketball championship in the state of Mississippi."

When you think USM couldn't get more little league, lol.

vCash
    I was waiting for someone to use the <69th> best statement. I suspect you dont agree with it, you just expect others to say it. There is no way a team that wins the NIT with an overall record of 25-12 is worse than half of the NCAA Automatic Qualifiers of lower level conferences like SWAC, MEAC, Patriot, and several others. Personally I would rather see the NIT done away with and the NCAA go to 80 teams with a 1st round PLAY IN matching the bottom 32. That would settle who deserves to be in the 64.

Banned
    vCash
    10 seed playing 7 seed creighton

That's my prediction for both tourneys.