Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Men's Basketball SEC Tourney Game 1 - MSU V Florida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We absolutely overachieved. The fact that we will make the Tournament despite shooting that poorly is insane. No one picked us to make the Tournament preseason.
    This.

vCash
    If you told me back when we started conference play at 1-7.....
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    If you told me back when we started conference play at 1-7.....
    Reunion Dog tried to tell everyone 😂

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We absolutely overachieved. The fact that we will make the Tournament despite shooting that poorly is insane. No one picked us to make the Tournament preseason.
    It is 100% how you look at it. I choose to see what we could be and understand that based on our shooting, the last 4 in the tourney is the best we could have hoped for as our defense gave people fits all year. Awesome defense and 320 ranked from 3 is exactly where we are, but man just a few more 3s to fall and we are a much lower seed. So I say we didn?t overachieve at all. If anything, we are exactly where we should be given our shooting issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Since we came about as close to losing as possible today, we may not be a total lock right now.
    No, that won't matter anymore than the fact that we almost won at Missouri matters.

vCash
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but why no just win the tournament, get the automatic bid, and not worry about bubble watch?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Last year we started Tolu, DJ, Shak, Garrison Brooks 10ppg , and Molinar 17ppg.
    This year we replaced Brooks with Matthews 7ppg and Molinar with Davis 8ppg. And we won 4 more regular season games.
    Our returning starters experience figures in a little but this team definitely overachieved.
    ETA - And Jans deserves coach of the year.
    Last edited by LC Dawg; 03-09-2023 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    Pretty good attendance at our game today for a noon start. And it's virtually full for Auburn/Arkansas tonight. Tomorrow's game with Alabama should be packed regardless of start time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Last year we started Tolu, DJ, Shak, Garrison Brooks 10ppg , and Molinar 17ppg.
    This year we replaced Brooks with Matthews 7ppg and Molinar with Davis 8ppg. And we won 4 more regular season games.
    Our returning starters experience figures in a little but this team definitely overachieved.
    ETA - And Jans deserves coach of the year.
    Gates at Missouri has been outstanding also

vCash
    I know there are concerns about our defense last couple of games but you cannot defend 25 foot 3 pointers without fouling. When teams like Vandy and those 2 guards for Florida today are throwing it in from the parking lot you just have top your hat and hope you beat ?em in the paint. Today, UF die some things in the paint that concern me, but unconscious 3 point shooting just isn?t defendable. We HAVE to make layups and point blank shots that we have been missing and make 70% or better free throws and we will not have to worry about our 3 point shooting. Make the easy shots dad Gummit! 3 pointers are as rare as hitting .300 in baseball.

11 for 20 2 pointers is better than 6 for 20 3 pointers. We have to shoot better inside 10 feet. Period!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gates at Missouri has been outstanding also
    Yeah, but he doesn't coach at Mississippi State so I'd rather Jans win the award.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It is 100% how you look at it. I choose to see what we could be and understand that based on our shooting, the last 4 in the tourney is the best we could have hoped for as our defense gave people fits all year. Awesome defense and 320 ranked from 3 is exactly where we are, but man just a few more 3s to fall and we are a much lower seed. So I say we didn?t overachieve at all. If anything, we are exactly where we should be given our shooting issues.
    Exactly. Our team has had as much success as you could possibly hope for given our shooting ability...that means we achieved as much as we possibly could. That is the definition of overachieving. Jans can't make us hit more shots, but he got this team as far as anyone could have ever hoped.