Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First spring pratice article.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    YOU HAVE TO HAVE BALANCE TO WIN. How MF hard is that for you to understand? How many times was Mike Leach in the playoffs? ZERO. How many conference championships did he win? ZERO.

There is a cap on the pure Air Raid. Do you not understand that there's a reason NO ONE ELSE runs it? It will NEVER win big. It will get you between 7-8 wins a year and maybe once every 4 years you can win 9-10. Which is exactly our historical average for the last 14 years.

If you're going to continue with this shit for the next 8 months please leave and go get an actual hobby.
    I agree that you should strive to achieve balance of touches with each and every receiver on the team.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Not hardly. In my camp, everything is supported by data. My camp actually understands how running Barbay's pro style offense is going to hurt Mississippi State in the long run and how the Air Raid had a lot more potential to elevate the program than this scheme.
    Does one individual poster constitute a "camp"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post

This is all I see from some of you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    He and Crissy Froyd are both in the same camp. Our former beat reporter who never actually covered the team. Glad we finally moved on from her.

vCash
    She is a freelance writer. She can cover whomever she wants to cover. She also does some writing for The Draft Network. She also has the proper respect for Mike Leach and the offense he created.

vCash
    She is a freelance writer. She can cover whomever she wants to cover. She also does some writing for The Draft Network. She also has the proper respect for Mike Leach and the offense he created.
    No she was not. She was hired to cover Mississippi State. She was fired and is now freelance. And also asshole, everyone has respect for the offense and Leach. Just because we didn't promote your butt buddies doesn't mean we don't respect it. I'm sorry you're so butthurt about it. I'm so sorry for you that I have an idea, since you like the offense so much why don't you go support Tulsa and WKU this year instead of us. And go all in with it. Don't acknowledge MSU in any way, shape, or form. Delete your account here to really hammer the point home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    It doesn?t matter what State does in anything? people will always gripe. I have learned that from my time of perusing message boards. Our fan base thrives on having its panties in a bunch.
    True!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    No she was not. She was hired to cover Mississippi State. She was fired and is now freelance. And also asshole, everyone has respect for the offense and Leach. Just because we didn't promote your butt buddies doesn't mean we don't respect it. I'm sorry you're so butthurt about it. I'm so sorry for you that I have an idea, since you like the offense so much why don't you go support Tulsa and WKU this year instead of us. And go all in with it. Don't acknowledge MSU in any way, shape, or form. Delete your account here to really hammer the point home.
    The apology thread to me will come later on when you guys realize just how bad this system Barbay runs is going to be. I'll be following WKU for sure, because Drew is a rising star in the Air Raid, and I have no doubts that his offense at WKU will be better than Barbay's at Mississippi State.

vCash
    How bout since he thinks we aren't going to throw a forward pass ever this year he donates a $100 to charity for every pass we actually throw. Those Benjamins will start adding up after the first few games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    How bout since he thinks we aren't going to throw a forward pass ever this year he donates a $100 to charity for every pass we actually throw. Those Benjamins will start adding up after the first few games.
    No because when he's presented with facts he runs away like a little b****. He'd never hold up his end of that. But he'd make sure to tell us the first time we ran it and didn't gain a first down.

vCash
    No because when he's presented with facts he runs away like a little b****. He'd never hold up his end of that. But he'd make sure to tell us the first time we ran it and didn't gain a first down.
    This is also true.

vCash
    Facts? I've yet to see anyone present facts showing that the running game and having an offense build around the running game is more important than and more conducive to winning than throwing the football is.

vCash
    He and Crissy Froyd are both in the same camp. Our former beat reporter who never actually covered the team. Glad we finally moved on from her.
    I went to Camp Yocona several times. This should qualify me to be OC.******

vCash
    Facts? I've yet to see anyone present facts showing that the running game and having an offense build around the running game is more important than and more conducive to winning than throwing the football is.
    That is because no one ever said that. We did say that throwing it 50+ times a game is not conducive to winning at an elite level and funny enough we have evidence to back it up.

vCash
    YOU HAVE TO HAVE BALANCE TO WIN. How MF hard is that for you to understand? How many times was Mike Leach in the playoffs? ZERO. How many conference championships did he win? ZERO.

There is a cap on the pure Air Raid. Do you not understand that there's a reason NO ONE ELSE runs it? It will NEVER win big. It will get you between 7-8 wins a year and maybe once every 4 years you can win 9-10. Which is exactly our historical average for the last 14 years.

If you're going to continue with this shit for the next 8 months please leave and go get an actual hobby.
    How many coaches have been to the playoffs? And basically TCU in a weak year is the only non-blue blood to make an appearance?

Saban didn't win anything at Michigan State. Meyer didn't win big before Florida.

Most likely Leach could have and would have won big if he was at a blue blood school. You give him two blue chip receivers and a blue chip RB and the air raid would be hell on wheels. Maybe it's not the optimal offense but it's still more about jimmy's and joe's and execution than it is scheme. Hell, Paul Johnson might could have won a championship if he had ended up at Georgia instead of Ga Tech and the triple option actually is limiting.