Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lunardi Update

vCash
    The committee wants teams in the NCAA Tournament that can beat good teams. Conference tournament games are built on luck of the draw and chance in a lot of ways which is why a win against an average opponent like Florida or some of these other 1st/2nd round conference games don't move the tournament projection needle much.

The only way I think a conference tournament helps a bubble team is if they find a way to beat some good teams.

If it ended today we would be on the right side of the bubble. Beating Florida doesn't move us up more so that it validates where we currently are. Beating Bama on Friday would be a different story. That's a move up type of game.

Replacing us in the pecking order would require a team to show they can beat good teams. So the folks projected behind us need us to lose AND they need to prove they can beat a good team or two.

vCash
    Wisconsin goes down. They should be done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Wisconsin goes down. They should be done.
    Bye Bye Wisky. Lunardi never put out an updated bracket today, but on the bottom line ticker on ESPN, State isn't showing in the last 4 in. Wonder what that's all about.
    Last edited by RLM38654; 03-08-2023 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Lose to Fla and we are out. You aren't factoring in other teams winning and conference upsets. We have to beat Fla to have any shot!! And still not a given
    Why so down on this team? Weren't you saying all year no shot to make the dance? We are in pretty good position. Better than you are suggesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLM38654 View Post
    Bye Bye Wisky. Lunardi never put out an updated bracket today, but on the bottom line ticker on ESPN, State isn't showing in the last 4 in. Wonder what that's all about.
    Who are the 4? Did someone from the "Last 4 Byes" fall down into there and we move up to take their spot?

According to Lunardi's official bracket from late last night, the Last 4 In are Mississippi State, Utah State, Rutgers, and Nevada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Why so down on this team? Weren't you saying all year no shot to make the dance? We are in pretty good position. Better than you are suggesting.
    Im not being down at all!! I love this team and how hard they play. Im shocked they are at this point to be honest. You're being defensive. Im just stating a point that if we lose tomorrow we are out. Maybe not fact. My post was about here we are today/ tomorrow. That's all. btw, you can go and read the other stuff I've read about Jan's and team.

vCash
    For the record I agree we are very likely out if we lose tomorrow, and if we instead lose on Friday to Alabama we're going to be sweating it all weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    For the record I agree we are very likely out if we lose tomorrow, and if we instead lose on Friday to Alabama we're going to be sweating it all weekend.
    For sure. Only way to think we are I is to win 2.

vCash
    We have to be careful of teams like Villanova and UNC. They have the talent to win their conference tournaments and steal a bid or two

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Who are the 4? Did someone from the "Last 4 Byes" fall down into there and we move up to take their spot?

According to Lunardi's official bracket from late last night, the Last 4 In are Mississippi State, Utah State, Rutgers, and Nevada.
    Penn State, Utah State, Rutgers, Nevada

vCash
    VA Tech getting housed by the wolfpack. NC State probably in now.

vCash
    Then he swapped Penn St and MSU with neither playing today and took us off play in. He must have gotten some intel. Like I said, we are already in and would have to be passed by 5 or 6 teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullygrowl View Post
    Then he swapped Penn St and MSU with neither playing today and took us off play in. He must have gotten some intel. Like I said, we are already in and would have to be passed by 5 or 6 teams.
    Here's the new update - we've moved up.

ON THE BUBBLE
    LAST FOUR BYES
    NC State
    Boise St.
    Pittsburgh
    Mississippi St.

LAST FOUR IN
    Penn State
    Rutgers
    Oklahoma St.
    Utah State