Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunardi Update

vCash

Lunardi Update

His update around 5:30 continues to have us as the first team not getting a bye and being in the first team in the play in game.

I really feel like a win vs Florida and we are in very very good shape. Would require a lot of chaos behind us to knock us out.

The bubble just isn't very strong right now. We haven't lost any bad games recently, but we have missed opportunities to solidify our position. I think winning either @Missouri or @Vandy would have locked us in.

vCash
    Nice

vCash
    Beat Florida and we are in. Our tourney loss would be to Bama, so that would not hurt.

Lose to Florida and I give us a 40% chance of making it.

vCash
    Just have to take care of business Thursday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Beat Florida and we are in. Our tourney loss would be to Bama, so that would not hurt.

Lose to Fla and we are out. You aren't factoring in other teams winning and conference upsets. We have to beat Fla to have any shot!! And still not a given

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I would drop that percentage by, oh probably 40% or so if we lose.

vCash
    Yeah if we lose to Florida again, 0% chance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Yeah if we lose to Florida again, 0% chance
    And rightfully so. If we can't beat a barely .500 team on a neutral court with what we have at stake, then we don't deserve a bid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    And rightfully so. If we can't beat a barely .500 team on a neutral court with what we have at stake, then we don't deserve a bid.
    Yea, I kind of got beat on yesterday for saying we really don't deserve a bid if we get beat by Florida but I'm not sure how else to feel if we finish 8-11 in the SEC. If we want the bid then we need to go take it this Thursday.

vCash
    I’m calling it, we bear Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I’m calling it, we bear Florida.
    Yep, we are going to maul them. 😀

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, we are going to maul them. 😀
    We gonna win and go to dance.

Cam comes out with the fro and does damage.

vCash
    Charleston wins their conference tournament and Oral Roberts up huge in theirs.

That's good for us. That's two bubble teams winning their conference tournaments and securing auto bids.

vCash
    I am not ruling out that we get in even with a loss tomorrow. I think some are underestimating how little the committee has shown to care about conference tournaments in recent years. If we are in now, which most experts believe to be the case, then it stands to reason that barring a bunch of craziness in other tournaments, we still have a decent chance of getting in.

That being said, you feel a whole lot more comfortable about it if you beat Florida, so maybe let?s do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I am not ruling out that we get in even with a loss tomorrow. I think some are underestimating how little the committee has shown to care about conference tournaments in recent years. If we are in now, which most experts believe to be the case, then it stands to reason that barring a bunch of craziness in other tournaments, we still have a decent chance of getting in.

That being said, you feel a whole lot more comfortable about it if you beat Florida, so maybe let?s do that.
    I feel like the Committee has more or less always ignored conference tournament results. People point to conference tournament results to explain committee decisions, but when I paid attention, it seemed pretty clear they didn't put much, if any, stock in them.

vCash
    State -3 tomorrow

vCash
    If we lose to FL, we will be 8 - 11 against our conference foes with 5 of the wins against OM, SC, and LSU. We need to win tomorrow.

vCash
    A win tomorrow will get us in.

vCash
    We are just trying to improve our seeding in the SEC tourny. We are already in. One component we are not used to having on our bubble resume is 2 quad 1 wins out of conference. That is a big factor the committee looks at and the wins over Marquette and TCU put us over the hump this year. "Conference record" has zero bearing for the selection process. I just want to beat UF to stay off the play in game.
    It is time.

vCash
    I have mixed feelings on how the committee looks at conference tournaments. I feel like they don’t put much emphasis on it, but because we are legit right on the inside of the bubble, we have to beat Florida. I really think as long as we do that we make the play in game. What will be interesting is to see if a team like Wisconsin or Ok State were to make the conference tournament title game but lose how that will be treated. It certainly didn’t help aTm last year, so that would be messed up if they awarded it to other teams right now outside the bubble