Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Likely permanent 3 according to Dellenger

vCash
    16 teams in a conference for football is just stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Alabama has the easiest draw because they never have to play Alabama.
    Could ya imagine the Officials' confusion on who to help win if Bammer played Bammer?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Could ya imagine the Officials' confusion on who to help win if Bammer played Bammer?
    Both teams would complain.******

vCash
    I listened to Dellenger on SEC Radio and he said the three teams chosen were in order of "rivalry". So, to the SEC we have a secondary rivalry with UK and A&M. Which I can kind of see. Especially UK of late. Their fans really don't like us. And we seem to have A&M's number. Even when they were really good, outside of Johnny Football, we'd beat them regularly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    16 teams in a conference for football is just stupid.
    It's sad. The Big Ten has 14 teams. Nebraska is in the Big Ten.

The Big 12 has 10 teams.

Missouri in the SEC.

I miss the good ole days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I mean you get a 4/2 upper/lower split home and home, and then a 3/3 upper/lower split home and home.

So Texsa-Florida-Auburn / Mizzou-Vandy-SCar / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

and Bama-UGA-LSU-OU / Ark-UTk / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

Given 3 OOC gimmes... you have serious 10+ wins seasons 2 of 4 years. And then 8-4 being a great year in 2 of 4 years. That's best case scenario imo.
    Gotcha. I assume they are going to start with the rotating teams on the same basis that they did the permanent opponents. Rank them on performance the past ten years and balance them out the best they can. Probably won't be able to follow that exactly when it comes down to it, but guessing they will at least start there, assuming they did the permanent opponents the way they claimed.

vCash
    We'll eventually get to 20 and they'll split it into essentially 2 different conferences...or at least that's what they should do. You play everybody on your side every year, and there's a championship game between each champion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Probably? They have the best two programs in college football as perm opponents. Bama has the 2nd toughest, assuming last season wasn't "one offs" for UT and LSU.
    They have 2 opponents no one wanted but they at least get a guaranteed W every year with Vandy. Iron Bowl is always a bit of a toss up especially with Bama now on decline. Still toughest by far if you go by state of each program.

vCash
    I think I have read somewhere before that we have played Alabama and Auburn more than any other school in the league. We have played LSU a lot too. It?s something stupid like that

vCash
    Well, one thing is for damn sure, there wouldn't be a flag thrown..........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Ole Miss, Kentucky and Texas AM is fair.
    first, we have to play those Asshats from Oxford every year because it makes living in this state Fun.
    Second, Look at our last 20 years, we are almost exactly the same as Kentucky on overall w/l.
    Third, it has been fun beating aTm almost every year they haven't had Johnny Football. It really pisses their fans off.
    Yeah but one good hire and TAMU is going to be tough with all their money. The fact that they are going to be even more willing to spend now that they have Texas every year is scary. They aren't going to want to lose to them every year. Watch them get a new AD and start doing better. At least it isn't BAMA.

Cohen better enjoy his time at Auburn. Freeze magic might have just run out. However if freeze does well then Cohen can coast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yeah but one good hire and TAMU is going to be tough with all their money. The fact that they are going to be even more willing to spend now that they have Texas every year is scary. They aren't going to want to lose to them every year. Watch them get a new AD and start doing better.
    Been saying this for years. Eventually they will put it together. Thankfully the huge contract that Jimbo has is a boat anchor for them,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Cohen better enjoy his time at Auburn. Freeze magic might have just run out. However if freeze does well then Cohen can coast
    I don't know if the AD has a ton of power at the barn. I think Cohen was brought in to be a yes man and fall guy, he likely understands that. They have some very strong boosters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Been saying this for years. Eventually they will put it together. Thankfully the huge contract that Jimbo has is a boat anchor for them,
    Yup. The rest of the SEC got pretty lucky with the Jimbo hire. It looked pretty good at the time. Instead he's been just good enough to not want to spend $90M or whatever it is now to fire him. Not that it's so easy to go find the next Saban or Kirby or even Brian Kelly. But the more they spend on godfather offers to coaches like Jimbo, the fewer chances they have to get it right.

vCash
    With State playing 9 SEC a season, they are losing an OOC game. Do you still schedule a OOC Power 5 team with such a stuff schedule? Do they only schedule Group of 5 and FCS teams? If FCS teams are cut, those small schools are losing a lot of money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desoto1967 View Post
    With State playing 9 SEC a season, they are losing an OOC game. Do you still schedule a OOC Power 5 team with such a stuff schedule? Do they only schedule Group of 5 and FCS teams? If FCS teams are cut, those small schools are losing a lot of money
    We've got a lot of P5 OOC games under contract. I doubt we're going to pony up to get out of them even if the SEC does away with the P5 requirement. I think with 9 SEC games and a P5 OOC game, we'll probably try to have one G5 game and 1 FCS game. If all the SEC schools drop a G5 game rather than the FCS game, that will be about $18M that G5 schools don't get, just from teh current 14 SEC teams (that's going off the average of $1.3M per G5 buy game from 2020). Of course we're already doing some 2-1 games and I'd assume some other schools are also, so it may not be quite that much. And I imagine that the average pay for a buy game may come down with the demand coming down. That will work out to somewhere north of $250k per G5 and independent school (excluding BYU).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Dellenger has talked to insiders and says these are likely permanent 3 opponents. I would take that all day- Ole Miss, Kentucky, A&M. Sign me up.

Auburn probably has the toughest. Drew Alabama and UGA so they gave them Vandy as a consolation.

Hope this embeds correctly from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/st...MXsfWg72FUUVHQ