Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Likely permanent 3 according to Dellenger

vCash

Likely permanent 3 according to Dellenger

Dellenger has talked to insiders and says these are likely permanent 3 opponents. I would take that all day- Ole Miss, Kentucky, A&M. Sign me up.

Auburn probably has the toughest. Drew Alabama and UGA so they gave them Vandy as a consolation.

Hope this embeds correctly from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/st...MXsfWg72FUUVHQ
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 03-06-2023 at 02:50 PM.

vCash
    Better for wins and losses sure. Not what I would have picked

vCash
    Three near 50/50 games in most years. I don?t hate it at all, but I wonder which would be better- having three toss ups OR having one toss up, a probable lose, and a Vandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Better for wins and losses sure. Not what I would have picked
    There's no reason to worry about anything other than wins and losses as we're going to get everybody twice in a four year period if they do home and aways. We'll get presumably at least three of Bama, UGA, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida every year. Then also probably one of UT and Auburn. Knowing we're probably going to have Bama, LSU, Texas, and UTenn for two years, and then UGA, Florida, Oklahoma, and Auburn the next two, all I want out of our permanents is the easiest games possible. Hell, I'd be fine with playing Ole Miss two out of four years if it meant we got Missourri, Vandy, and UK every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailmari View Post
    Three near 50/50 games in most years. I don?t hate it at all, but I wonder which would be better- having three toss ups OR having one toss up, a probable lose, and a Vandy.
    3-0
    2-1
    1-2
    0-3

Or

2-1
    1-2
    0-3

One scenario gives a chance for 3-0, one doesn't, I'll take the three 50/50 teams.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    As long as Bama doesn't end up on our line you can post that as many times as you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Dellenger has talked to insiders and says these are likely permanent 3 opponents. I would take that all day- Ole Miss, Kentucky, A&M. Sign me up.

Auburn probably has the toughest. Drew Alabama and UGA so they gave them Vandy as a consolation.

no, bama has the toughest. At least in today's world they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    no, bama has the toughest. At least in today's world they do.
    Alabama has the easiest draw because they never have to play Alabama. It's not just about the 3 teams you play every year, it's also about the 12 teams you play every other year.

vCash
    Been peddling Vandy-Auburn since the beginning of speculation. I don't believe it. Makes no sense. No history, etc. Either that's been in the works before the UT-OU was even made public or it's BS. I'm guessing the latter.

No way you trade TN-KY for TN-SC while also trading UGa-SC for UGa-KY
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 03-06-2023 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    I bet OM is pissed they're losing Vandy.

Us, LSU, and Arkansas is a crappy draw for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Alabama has the easiest draw because they never have to play Alabama. It's not just about the 3 teams you play every year, it's also about the 12 teams you play every other year.
    If we had ut, auburn and lsu people would lose their minds. And yes I get it. Bama can't play themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Been peddling Vandy-Auburn since the beginning of speculation. I don't believe it. Makes no sense. No history, etc. Either that's been in the works before the UT-OU was even made public or it's BS. I'm guessing the latter.

No way you trade TN-KY for TN-SC while also trading UGa-SC for UGa-KY
    It's only fair. They get uga and bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post

Probably? They have the best two programs in college football as perm opponents. Bama has the 2nd toughest, assuming last season wasn't "one offs" for UT and LSU.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    There's no reason to worry about anything other than wins and losses as we're going to get everybody twice in a four year period if they do home and aways. We'll get presumably at least three of Bama, UGA, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida every year. Then also probably one of UT and Auburn. Knowing we're probably going to have Bama, LSU, Texas, and UTenn for two years, and then UGA, Florida, Oklahoma, and Auburn the next two, all I want out of our permanents is the easiest games possible. Hell, I'd be fine with playing Ole Miss two out of four years if it meant we got Missourri, Vandy, and UK every year.
    It's 3 of Bama-UGA-LSU-OU-Texsa-Florida-Auburn every year. The other 4 every other year.

Then 2 of Mizzou-SCar-Vandy-Ark-UTk every year. The other 3 every other year.

The best possible draw is Texsa-Florida-Auburn / Mizzou-Vandy-SCar and Bama-UGA-LSU-OU / Ark-UTk.
    Gives you two years of a very good shot at SECC with your worst games being the two texsa teams and any "dark horse". Then two years where 8-4 was a great season lol.

But personally I wanna go 12-0 every year so we need to step it up. We almost got put in the upper tier winning %. Puts in perspective how good we've been relative to our history and how Moorhead error really hurt us.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Ole Miss, Kentucky and Texas AM is fair.
    first, we have to play those Asshats from Oxford every year because it makes living in this state Fun.
    Second, Look at our last 20 years, we are almost exactly the same as Kentucky on overall w/l.
    Third, it has been fun beating aTm almost every year they haven't had Johnny Football. It really pisses their fans off.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It's 3 of Bama-UGA-LSU-OU-Texsa-Florida-Auburn every year. The other 4 every other year.

Then 2 of Mizzou-SCar-Vandy-Ark-UTk every year. The other 3 every other year.

The best possible draw is Texsa-Florida-Auburn / Mizzou-Vandy-SCar and Bama-UGA-LSU-OU / Ark-UTk.
    Gives you two years of a very good shot at SECC with your worst games being the two texsa teams and any "dark horse". Then two years where 8-4 was a great season lol.

But personally I wanna go 12-0 every year so we need to step it up. We almost got put in the upper tier winning %. Puts in perspective how good we've been relative to our history and how Moorhead error really hurt us.
    What kind of schedule are you envisioning? You think we're not going to play the 12 non-permanent opponents on the same frequency? I mean, I know in reality, things will get moved around and we probably won't play 6 for two years and then the other 6 for two years for any extended period of time. But I don't think they're going to intentionally set it up where we play some non-permanent opponents more than other, as would be required for us to play 3 out of 7 and 2 out of 5 every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Probably? They have the best two programs in college football as perm opponents. Bama has the 2nd toughest, assuming last season wasn't "one offs" for UT and LSU.
    Bama doesn't get an automatic win. Auburn's two toughest permanents are tougher, but looking at all three, Bama's clearly is. Which one you'd rather have just depends on what kind of team you. If you've got a good team, maybe you'd rather play Auburn and LSU and UTenn, as most years, they are going to be a step below Bama and UGA, and you'd expect to have at least a chance to win 3. If you're going to have a weak team, you might be better off with the automatic win against Vandy rather than a chance to go 0-3.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    What kind of schedule are you envisioning? You think we're not going to play the 12 non-permanent opponents on the same frequency? I mean, I know in reality, things will get moved around and we probably won't play 6 for two years and then the other 6 for two years for any extended period of time. But I don't think they're going to intentionally set it up where we play some non-permanent opponents more than other, as would be required for us to play 3 out of 7 and 2 out of 5 every year.
    I mean you get a 4/2 upper/lower split home and home, and then a 3/3 upper/lower split home and home.

So Texsa-Florida-Auburn / Mizzou-Vandy-SCar / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

and Bama-UGA-LSU-OU / Ark-UTk / UK-OM-Aggy for 2 years

Given 3 OOC gimmes... you have serious 10+ wins seasons 2 of 4 years. And then 8-4 being a great year in 2 of 4 years. That's best case scenario imo.

vCash
    UGA with the best draw considering who they are.