vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Anyone have Lee Begley’s digits..???
    Well done

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Nobody is getting fired mid season.
    It may be correct, but it is stupid. Fox can be replaced inside of a week. Do it now. We need the new guy here changing things up and working for new recruits. We all know Fox is gone at the end of the season. That hurts our relationships with high school players.

vCash
    Today, Fox still has no idea who his best arms are or what way to use them.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Our players need urgency.

They need to view these games like a weekend softball tourney, not a pre draft workout.

Fight to win !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    It may be correct, but it is stupid. Fox can be replaced inside of a week. Do it now. We need the new guy here changing things up and working for new recruits. We all know Fox is gone at the end of the season. That hurts our relationships with high school players.
    Ok

vCash
    Lemonis is obviously a good xs and os manager but he and the staff really whiffed on pitching recruiting and it is gonna come back to haunt him. We have plenty of great young bats and position players but Lemonis tenure is going to ride on developing the up and comers and getting some stud transfer pitchers in here to bridge the gap.

We will give him this year, as we should, but he is going to have to learn and adjust. He can manage it if we can pony up and get a solid roster. If he does not make the adjustments he needs to then we get someone in here who can.

We are MISS STATE baseball, we need to quit being pu$$ies.

vCash
    Poor eval results in not knowing who the actual most effective pitchers are. That was evident when they even considered keeping Stinnett on the roster much less project him as a viable SEC option. Fox has his guys who he wants to be "the man" but he doesn't even know for himself who they are. He sent Dohm in today for a couple innings max and had a "look what I found moment".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Nobody is getting fired mid season.
    Only because our big money boosters are convinced that making a change midseason won't fix anything. Even though the one time we did make a change early we actually went to Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Devils down got swept, lost today
    The best thing about beating Arizona State is it means that we have beaten every college baseball blue blood at least once since 2016. Which is pretty cool to me. I don't think that they are Arizona State 1977 though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Lemonis is obviously a good xs and os manager but he and the staff really whiffed on pitching recruiting and it is gonna come back to haunt him. We have plenty of great young bats and position players but Lemonis tenure is going to ride on developing the up and comers and getting some stud transfer pitchers in here to bridge the gap.

We will give him this year, as we should, but he is going to have to learn and adjust. He can manage it if we can pony up and get a solid roster. If he does not make the adjustments he needs to then we get someone in here who can.

We are MISS STATE baseball, we need to quit being pu$$ies.
    It's not recruiting. Are you going to tell me that MLB scouts, MLB.com, Perfect Game and MSU coaches all were wrong about 7-9 pitchers over the past two years?

Doesn't have anything to do with our pitchers being pussies.

It has everything to do with how they are developed and managed. And that's 100% on coaching.

vCash
    I would like to have seen what our pitcher portal “draft board” looked like when we started going after pitchers. I imagine Skenes was at the top and he ended up at lsu. It seems like I remember a pitcher early on that everyone thought for sure we were getting but he ended up at auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Only because our big money boosters are convinced that making a change midseason won't fix anything. Even though the one time we did make a change early we actually went to Omaha.

The best thing about beating Arizona State is it means that we have beaten every college baseball blue blood at least once since 2016. Which is pretty cool to me. I don't think that they are Arizona State 1977 though.
    Team makeup is a bit different 2018 vs now. We had multiple alpha leaders on that team. I'm not sure we have one on this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I would like to have seen what our pitcher portal “draft board” looked like when we started going after pitchers. I imagine Skenes was at the top and he ended up at lsu. It seems like I remember a pitcher early on that everyone thought for sure we were getting but he ended up at auburn.
    I dont know about last year, but off season this year the Ohio State lefty would be high on my list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I think Foxhall's reputation is going to start to give us some problems until we get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Team makeup is a bit different 2018 vs now. We had multiple alpha leaders on that team. I'm not sure we have one on this team.
    Cohen really valued that in his recruiting. He looked for a certain type of toughness and it helped rebuild our program- Jarrod Parks, Kendall Graveman, Holder, Adam Frazier, Cody Brown, Stovall, Mangum, Elijah MacNamee, Ethan Small, Tanner Allen, Rowdey, Landon Sims, and others.

I'm not sure that toughness is our main issue. I don't think our pitchers are being put in a position to succeed and the team leaders can't really do a lot about that. Like Hancock can't tell the bullpen to get someone ready and make a pitching change. Tanner Allen or Mangum can't coach or develop pitching mechanics. Yelling at each other in the dugout isn't going to fix anything. The alphas on the team can't demand that Lemonis make Loo a weekend starter. Leadership only goes so far. Heck- they had good leadership at the Alamo and Custer helped win some battles in the Civil War. There are limits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We didn't have any last season and it looks like we're void of any this season.....They play a big part in a teams identity and not having a couple has hurt us.
    Last edited by InTheIttaBenaHotSun; 03-07-2023 at 07:57 PM.