Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our postseason fate

vCash
    We've gone from an underachieving poorly coached bubble team that can't win important games to a well coached overachieving bubble team that can't win important games. Am I supposed to feel better? Because all i see this getting us is a years relief from bitching about a coach. Next year when we still don't have a shooter, the bashers will start questioning Jans "he's had two classes now to get a shooter and has failed. It's so easy with the portal now and look at coaches X, Y and Z who got their guys and are winning. Basketball is the easiest sport to rebuild in ...". Yada yada yada. I think I've seen this movie before.

And I like Jans - I just know our fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm in no way saying fire jans. I love the guy, but he laid an egg tonight
    Naw, regardless what he did except players didn't make the plays. Refs didn't do us any favors last time, very iffy call on Cameron with 7 seconds last night. Then Shak missed a 3 pointer that could have put us in OT. Btw, don't think for a moment that Vandy isn't playing very good basketball, fact is second half of the season they are playing as good as any Sec team right now.

Jans didn't lose the game last night so stop the madness. Dude knows how to coach and yes he can make mistakes, so what, all coaches do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Naw, regardless what he did except players didn't make the plays. Refs didn't do us any favors last time, very iffy call on Cameron with 7 seconds last night. Then Shak missed a 3 pointer that could have put us in OT. Btw, don't think for a moment that Vandy isn't playing very good basketball, fact is second half of the season they are playing as good as any Sec team right now.

Jans didn't lose the game last night so stop the madness. Dude knows how to coach and yes he can make mistakes, so what, all coaches do.
    Pretty sweet gig if you can get all the praise in wins, and get no criticism in losses. I have heaped praise on him this season when I felt he deserved it, and I've done the opposite too. This week, we have not been good... SC was a dog fight bc we didn't defend, and that continued last night. We are only a good team when we defend.

vCash
    Pretty sweet gig if you can get all the praise in wins, and get no criticism in losses. I have heaped praise on him this season when I felt he deserved it, and I've done the opposite too. This week, we have not been good... SC was a dog fight bc we didn't defend, and that continued last night. We are only a good team when we defend.
    We lost because of FT shooting, we shot from the field 45%, we only shot 56 or 57% from the FT line, that was the dugger that caused the lose. We killed them in the paint and rebounding. Vandy shot 48% from the 3-point line, sometimes it's harder to defend a 20–22-foot shot than guarding in the paint. They play with 3 and 4 guards at times, pretty hard match up for teams.

7 you know message board coaching, I know basketball coaching, just saying, LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    We lost because of FT shooting, we shot from the field 45%, we only shot 56 or 57% from the FT line, that was the dugger that caused the lose. We killed them in the paint and rebounding. Vandy shot 48% from the 3-point line, sometimes it's harder to defend a 20–22-foot shot than guarding in the paint. They play with 3 and 4 guards at times, pretty hard match up for teams.

7 you know message board coaching, I know basketball coaching, just saying, LOL.
    Vandy was 14/28 (.500) from 2.

vCash
    shoot 3's and FT's this poorly vs florida or any other opponent and we lose. end of story, need perimeter shooters

vCash
    Yep in any close games there are lots of ways we coulda won it. FT, less TO, etc. That is on us. Back to the perfect game we have to play every game to win (feels like AR football discussions).

However the one thing that isn't is calling fouls fairly on both ends which didn't happen. If they would have called the muggings in the paint then Vandy would have to play us fair in post which they can't and stop us. That one thing happens we win even if we don't play our A game. This has happened in many wins this year.

Vandy's only chance was let them mug down low and they hit 3s. Well both happened. Plain and simple.

vCash
    Big games today...
    Maryland at penn st (-3)
    Michigan at Indiana (-4)
    Wisconsin (-5) at Minnesota
    Houston (-5) at memphis

We want Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota, and Houston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I just dont see how losing to Vandy at Vandy can knock us all the way out
    We were one of the last 4 teams in. There's very little margin of error at this point, and all of these mock brackets assume 0 bid stealers when there probably will be some.

vCash
    We didn't play our best last night without a doubt. However, playing a good Vandy team at Vandy is never a walk in the park, and I'm pretty sure we haven't done well there historically when that has been the case. And this Vandy team is playing real well right now ... they just beat KY at KY. Right now it wouldn't shock me to see them in SEC Title game especially since tourney is in Nashville.

Having said that, our 2003/2004 team won the SEC outright, was the #1 seed in SEC tourney, and then lost in our 1st tourney game to a not so good Vandy team. Then went on to 2 and out in NCAAs (got blown out by Xavier in 2nd round) and probably only won the 1st game cause we were a 2 seed (playing a 15 seed) in NCAA tourney.

My point is that historically speaking, teams that lose 1st game of conference tourney usually don't make it past 1st weekend in NCAA tourney, regardless of their record. Not saying that is 100% but it is a very high percentage. So if we lose to FL, not only do we not deserve a bid, but we'd probably be one and done in NCAA anyway with our low seed. Even if we beat FL odds are we don't make it past 1st weekend, depending on the draw. However, if we beat FL then Bama, not only will we be in but we might make a little noise in the NCAA tourney.

So from my perspective, we need to beat FL & Bama both for me to raise my eyebrows at a potential NCAA tourney run. If we don't beat FL at the very least, then I'm ambivalent on receiving an NCAA bid myself. And then I'll be maybe not quite as pissed as 7 is, but not too far off from that.

vCash
    Surprisingly, we didn't fall any in most brackets. Lunardi has us as the first of the Last 4 in. Palm has us behind Michigan in the Last 4 in. We are going to be in a play-in as long as we beat Florida. However, I think we missed a chance to seal the deal last night.

Banned
    vCash
    Yesterday we were in 96 of 97 brackets on bracket matrix

Today so far we're in 56 of 57.

Like other teams around us that have lost. We shouldn't drop much if at all. Tons of them have us as 9/10. Lunardi isn't the be-all end-all

vCash
    Excellent news

vCash
    Maryland up 10 on penn st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yesterday we were in 96 of 97 brackets on bracket matrix

Today so far we're in 56 of 57.

Like other teams around us that have lost. We shouldn't drop much if at all. Tons of them have us as 9/10. Lunardi isn't the be-all end-all
    Lunardi is good at getting the teams correct, but isn't real great with seeding

vCash
    I am very concerned when the committee looks at our poor conference record, 8 -10 thus far. To make matters worse 5 of the victories are against OM, SCe, and LSU. Only 3 good wins, Arky, Mo, and aTm. Not very impressive in our own conference. I worry about them taking 8 teams with us #8.

vCash
    Penn st just won. Blow 1 of the day

vCash
    Memphis lost

vCash
    Does Bradley get in if drake beats them?

vCash
    Does Bradley get in if drake beats them?
    Net of 60 and 0 Q1 wins, so probably not. Probably a "next 4 out" or even an "Also considered."