Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire lemonis!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    You have got to get rid of Foxhall at this point. I would do it now. No use in waiting.
    It should have happened last year and it was obvious for anyone who wanted to see but most people blamed injuries and having to put pitchers in different roles. Different roles? The plate is still 60'6" from the rubber and 17" wide no matter when or where you pitch. If you cant throw a strike, then you cant throw a strike. It doesnt matter when your name is called. Foxhall has been stealing money since around the first week of March last year.

vCash
    Right now it comes down to this, could we improve if we fire foxhall now. Because the way its going it will be
    A - we don't make the tournament and the whole staff goes
    B- we get in but that's it. Then you keep Lemonis and gut part of the staff that isn't performing

Lemonis has to know the end of the season is what matters. He plays the long game. Looks like he betting on these players and staff figuring out out towards the end of the year. Last year should have been a wake up call but so far I don't see it

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Look guys, there are two possible ways to look at this. First, the coach has failed to field a team that can compete. For whatever reason, guys can?t hit, throw strikes, throw out runners, or field. Those are some serious issues that have costed us every loss except one.

Or you can choose to be happy watching our boys go out there and compete regardless of outcome and be excited to watch these young players get better and get hungrier, so that in the future they will have a great team a couple years from now.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    One could argue that firing Fox and getting a new guy right now could only help the team. Seriously, they can?t pitch worse. Why not mix it up and see if the guys can respond.

vCash
    Ive seen enough. Its culture problems

vCash
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    You guys know I've defended him. I got to watch this awful mess in person this weekend. It's bad. Honestly the fielding is worse than anything. I saw less errors and mistakes in two 3A high school games this week than I saw in our two games this weekend - no exaggeration. And these players have talent. We aren't running a bunch of two stars out there. We are more impressive in person than all the teams we have faced so far and been out-coached in all of them. I'm for giving Lemon this season to try and turn it around by any means necessary but if we aren't in the postseason he is no longer in our dugout (on a bucket) next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    You have got to get rid of Foxhall at this point. I would do it now. No use in waiting. Then after the season, you clean house roster wise. Use the portal and get the best bullpen Money can buy. You have starters in Lo, Loftin, Forsythe. But go out and get someone who throws gas and strikes. Hell go get the Ohio State kid we faced last night. Dude was nasty?

We should have a scout literally watching games for kids who want to play in the sec. There are plenty out there. Kid from Ball State right now, there is a kid from Wright State who is blowing up. You go get who you have to?

If Lemonis doesn?t want to, you fire his ass and I mean literally hand Vitello a blank check. Then would be Burroughs but I doubt he would leave La Tech. After that, it?s a crap shoot unless you wanted to try and lure Schloss or McDonnell away
    again.

Something has to change, and change now or we are going to be the laughing stock 2 years in a row after coming off 4 straight Omaha trips and a Natty?
    Two things........First, we're not getting rid of Foxhall during the season........Ain't happening.......Secondly, Lane Burroughs wouldn't be the second call and in the event he was, he'd walk thru broken glass and hot coals to get back here........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Ive seen enough. Its culture problems
    Croom - wore cap crooked.
    Lemonis - often wears cap crooked.

Croom - often coached from golf cart.
    Lemonis - coaches sitting on empty bucket.

Croom - "I didn't see that coming" in 48 -0 loss to OM.
    Lemonis - I'm afraid he did see this coming after last year.

Croom - Former RB coach.
    Lemonis - Former Indiana Baseball HC ( Mid-tier Big 10).

Croom - Woody.
    Lemonis - Foxhall?

Coincidences? - Getting worried.**
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 03-04-2023 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    Croom didn?t have culture problems. He had an offense problem. Lemonis has wrecked the Porsche

vCash
    I've come full-circle on Lemonis. When the hire was made I was apprehensive, then I was a Lem fan-boy, now I'm back to square one.

He's definitely not getting much help from leadership within the team. This lack of player leadership is a situation he's not used to.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I?d like to get R Polk?s take on all this. For sure this team isn?t practicing routine plays enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Croom didn?t have culture problems. He had an offense problem. Lemonis has wrecked the Porsche
    I would call a gunfight on campus with a couple of starters kicked off the team a culture problem. Agree Lemonis doesn't seem to even know how to service the Porsche after other coaches" mechanics (players ) left.

vCash
    My question is this, do ANY players ever get better under Lemonis and his staff? Pitchers go without saying but is Forsythe better? Kellum Clark? Hancock? Our best players appear to be guys that are new to the team. Something is definitely not right within the program. We have more talent than all the teams we have lost to so far IMO. Its almost unreal that we are this bad at so many different basic things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Or you can choose to be happy watching our boys go out there and compete regardless of outcome and be excited to watch these young players get better and get hungrier, so that in the future they will have a great team a couple years from now.
    Yeahhh screw all that, I just want to win

vCash
    ***** ass, partying culture. Lemonis is lazy and Foxhall is cat vomit. Gotro looking less than great. Cheese just riding the cheese wagon. It's disgusting what's going on. I warned everybody about Foxhall for 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Are we blue blood in baseball or not? Bluebloods don't put up with this crap. If we lose again tomorrow, I'd fire him Monday.
    If we are a blue blood it's barely. Lots of programs have done far more where it counts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not watching just reading but I will say that I can tolerate struggling at the plate some, but giving up tons of runs due to walking bunches of batters while also playing horrible defense is hard to swallow. That's mostly on the coaching staff IMO.

ETA: Combine that with last year's debacle and it's not good. In fact it's pretty damn bad.
    Well, the players have to catch and throw?..so, they have responsibility as well.

But this is on the coaches, I agree. They recruited these dudes and they coach them.

Get it done or get the **** out!

vCash
    We are Omaha bound. - Todd

vCash
    what year?