Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Frisco Classic Game 1

vCash
    12 walks by OSU pitching, 16 LOB for State, that's the story for tonight's game. 3 runs on 3 hits.
    Elitedawgs - A forum for Mississippi State fans

@elitedawgs

vCash
    It?s hard to believe but Lemonis is going to get fired (unless something drastically changes) 2 years after our first NC. I just don?t understand how our defense is so bad two years in a row

vCash
    Here is the greatest indictment on our pitching control and our defense

We have played 9 games. In almost half (4 games) the opposing team has more runs than hits.

That?s all you need to know. That?s call beating yourself, and it?s going to cost them down the line if they ever do get it together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Can't get timely hitting, have bad approaches at the plate, pinch hit for the #3 guy, make a ton of errors, and can't hold runners (which we knew would happen with Hancock yet we still played him...).

Any one of these is excusable as a WTF moment. But all together? In the same game? That's just awful coaching.

Ironically pitching is the only group to get a passing grade this game. They weren't great, but they did enough to win and the defense shat the bed
    I was told that we have the highest paid coaching staff in SEC baseball. If this is correct, maybe they grew complacent after the championship with big $ and long term contacts (Lemonis). Something is really wrong. Everyone has injuries, but how many programs drop from a National Championship to last place in the SEC West the next year and continue to play like that this year?
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 03-03-2023 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    It?s hard to believe but Lemonis is going to get fired (unless something drastically changes) 2 years after our first NC. I just don?t understand how our defense is so bad two years in a row
    The only way I see him getting fired is if he refuses to fire Foxhall. Which I really doubt he would chose his job over Foxhall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    That?s a bad loss. Tired of this team looking like they don?t have a clue how to play baseball. Inexcusable from top to bottom
    Yep, that's 3 bad losses this year....VMI, ULM, and now OSU. We're starting to mount too many bad OOC losses. These will come back to haunt us if we don't get it turned around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The only way I see him getting fired is if he refuses to fire Foxhall. Which I really doubt he would chose his job over Foxhall.
    Someone needs to get him to visit the Croom/Woody story.

vCash
    I have finally reached the realization that our program is overrated. We have an inflated self image that is becoming nauseating.

vCash
    Your love or hate for fox is unreal. We got 16 free passes tonight we scored what??? So goat sucks too? I digress

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elitedawgs View Post
    12 walks by OSU pitching, 16 LOB for State, that's the story for tonight's game. 3 runs on 3 hits.
    Don't forget the 4 HBP.

It's really hard to get 16 free passes and only score 3. Wow!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Your love or hate for fox is unreal. We got 16 free passes tonight we scored what??? So goat sucks too? I digress
    It's nothing personal. It's based on what I see.

Hitting a baseball is hard. I'm satisfied with our offense overall after 10 games.

If you can defend us having an ERA of 5+ go ahead. Multiple pitchers not developed. Lots of minor injuries. Haven't even gotten to the walks or the poor staff management yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Someone needs to get him to visit the Croom/Woody story.
    I don't believe Foxhall and Lemonis's professional relationship is like that.

vCash
    It's nothing personal. It's based on what I see.

Hitting a baseball is hard. I'm satisfied with our offense overall after 10 games.

If you can defend us having an ERA of 5+ go ahead. Multiple pitchers not developed. Lots of minor injuries. Haven't even gotten to the walks or the poor staff management yet.
    Worst part of the team is defense. It's an F so far. Pitching has been bad, however we see some good arms emerge. They get a C so far. Hitting gets a B; they can mash the ball, but are inconsistent. Coaching? Coaching gets a D. One the one positive side they brought in good talent. On the negative side they misevaluated Hancock at C, didn't develop a single player defensively offensively, or pitching wise, they've failed to light a fire under the players asses after opening weekend, they place hit for the 3 hole hitter, and they don't tell the hitters to adjust their approach as the game changes.

In this game the defense was an F, offense was a D, and pitching a B-.

vCash
    Worst part of the team is defense. It's an F so far. Pitching has been bad, however we see some good arms emerge. They get a C so far. Hitting gets a B; they can mash the ball, but are inconsistent. Coaching? Coaching gets a D. One the one positive side they brought in good talent. On the negative side they misevaluated Hancock at C, didn't develop a single player defensively offensively, or pitching wise, they've failed to light a fire under the players asses after opening weekend, they place hit for the 3 hole hitter, and they don't tell the hitters to adjust their approach as the game changes.

I think that is a fair assessment so far. But Hancock was recruited by a different staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That lineup we trotted out there made no sense. That's on Lemonis.

vCash
    I think that is a fair assessment so far. But Hancock was recruited by a different staff.
    Right but THIS staff decided to not pursue a transfer catcher, even used NIL to get Hancock back

vCash

Pitching is a F.
    Defense is a D
    Hitting is a C
    Coaching is a F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That lineup we trotted out there made no sense. That's on Lemonis.
    I still don't get ph for Jordan. One thing Jordan (even with his struggles) has shown is the ability to get walks and pop. With bases loaded, down 6, that's what you want up there. And he's your damn 3-hole hitter... if you ph for him, then he shouldn't be in the 3-hole.

vCash
    So if lemonis can't right the ship, should we give our old buddy Wes johnson a call for HC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So if lemonis can't right the ship, should we give our old buddy Wes johnson a call for HC?
    No. He has zero head coaching experience.

If we had to look for a new coach I'd throw 2 million at Vitello and make him turn it down.

And if he won't take that offer go get Lane Burroughs.