Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    How'd that work out for ol' Kliff? lol
    I believe he's enjoying a nice long vacation in Thailand or somewhere like that, lol.

vCash
    If he would have actually pushed the limits of the passing game, he?d probably still have a job.

vCash
    Last three SB champs:
    KC 651 pass attempts 417 rush attempts
    LA 607 pass attempts 420 rush attempts
    TB 626 pass attempts 369 rush attempts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Last three SB champs:
    KC 651 pass attempts 417 rush attempts
    LA 607 pass attempts 420 rush attempts
    TB 626 pass attempts 369 rush attempts
    If you have Brady, Mahomes, or burrow, you should absolutely air it out. What about the 25 or so nfl teams that don't have elite qbs? Do you think hurts woulda been an mvp candidate if he threw it 60+%? I don't. The threat of his run made the pass effective

You realize there's different ways to win, right?

vCash
    The coach you're complaining about...

2022 cowboys: 647 passes, 473 runs

Dak led the nfl in ints

vCash
    If you can?t throw the ball, you can?t win. Period. I don?t care how well you run it, if you can?t throw it, it doesn?t matter.

vCash
    I will never understand the infatuation some Mississippi State fans have with running the ball and the TE position.

vCash
    I will never understand the infatuation some Mississippi State fans have with running the ball and the TE position.
    Think Kelce played a part in that Super Bowl?

What was miss state's run/pass split in their most successful season the last decade?

vCash
    Since this is an nfl thread, what nfl team doesn't use a te?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Since this is an nfl thread, what nfl team doesn't use a te?
    Absolutely none and the best teams generally have very effective TEs.

vCash
    Because there isn't an infatuation.

Have a good weekend, Bo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Because there isn't an infatuation.

Have a good weekend, Bo.
    There isn?t? We have fans who want to remove Rufus Harvey from the line up so they can play an extra blocker.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Got to love those who still believe the running game is the most important aspect of offense
    If you can gain 5+ yards reliably on 1st down, your team is going to be good. If you cannot manage 7 yards in 2 plays running, then you will have more punts.

vCash
    There isn?t? We have fans who want to remove Rufus Harvey from the line up so they can play an extra blocker.
    KB21 sounds about like Jerruh Jones except for the powder blue racist rebel/bear/shart part and he also thinks he's the smartest SOB in the room as well. I think they are both simply SOB's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    KB21 sounds about like Jerruh Jones except for the powder blue racist rebel/bear/shart part and he also thinks he's the smartest SOB in the room as well. I think they are both simply SOB's.
    Naw he is the head dead horse beater at the Frau Brewhwer Glue Factory.

vCash
    If you have Brady, Mahomes, or burrow, you should absolutely air it out. What about the 25 or so nfl teams that don't have elite qbs? Do you think hurts woulda been an mvp candidate if he threw it 60+%? I don't. The threat of his run made the pass effective

You realize there's different ways to win, right?
    Even the Eagles threw the ball 50% of the time last year. And that was near the bottom of the NFL. Most of the NFL doesn't believe in the establish the run mantra anymore. Now it's pass to get the lead and run to stay there.

The league as a whole throws it I believe it was 55% of the time. There are different ways to win but some are better than others. And analytics shows that passing is better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    If you can gain 5+ yards reliably on 1st down, your team is going to be good. If you cannot manage 7 yards in 2 plays running, then you will have more punts.
    The reality is getting 5+ yards on first down is easier to do when you pass on first down than run it. Only 6 running backs in the NFL averaged 5.0 YPC last year.

Last year there were 23 receivers in the NFL that averaged over 10+ a reception alone.

vCash
    #1 nfl defense, SF
    #2 Philly
    #3 Washington

SF off breakdown...
    512 passes, 504 rushes

Philly offensive breakdown...
    536 passes, 544 rushes

Washington off breAkdown...
    554 passes, 538 rushes

All 3 were top 10 in total rushes
    Analytics says that when you have a lead you should use the running game to run the clock out. Not sure what stats you are using but mine say the Eagles ran as much as they passed it. The other two still passed more than they ran.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You have to acknowledged that at least a piece of that efficiency is because WR don't have to worry about a Ronnie Lott separating their head from their body coming over middle and CB can't be as aggressive defending WR. That has helped making efficiency in passing better.
    It has helped.

However, the 49ers of the 1980's were pretty analytical with how they ran their offense even though I don't think Bill Walsh realized it at the time. And they consistently had one of the best offenses in the 1980's with a pass first run the clock out philosophy. Same with the San Diego Chargers of that time as far as putting up point although they didn't win as much under Coryell because their defense wasn't very good.

So, I think that shows that passing the ball first would have worked even with stricter rules.

I would like to see MSU actually get ahead of this in football (for once) and run the offense analytically. And for the record Leach wasn't always analytical with his play calling. Like passing on third and one for example or inside the 6 yard line. Probably the most analytical offense I've seen in the SEC was LSU in 2019. I think MSU should strive to model that scheme. Before others do. And we get behind again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Analytics says that when you have a lead you should use the running game to run the clock out. Not sure what stats you are using but mine say the Eagles ran as much as they passed it. The other two still passed more than they ran.
    SF 50.4% pass heavy
    Philly 50.7% run heavy
    Wash 50.7% pass heavy

So 50/50