Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Oh My Vandy!

  1. #21
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    1 more win and we are in.
    Some can’t grasp this

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,686
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Some can’t grasp this
    There's nothing to grasp. You said that as if one more win completely locks us in, we are a bubble team which means anything can happen. Other bubble teams have conference tournaments too and can go on a run, nothing is guaranteed yet.

  3. #23
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    There's nothing to grasp. You said that as if one more win completely locks us in, we are a bubble team which means anything can happen. Other bubble teams have conference tournaments too and can go on a run, nothing is guaranteed yet.
    We win Saturday we’re in the tourney. That’s the long & short of it. It’s really that simple.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,686
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We win Saturday we’re in the tourney. That’s the long & short of it. It’s really that simple.
    That's very possible, but again nothing is guaranteed yet. And it's really that simple

  5. #25
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    That's very possible, but again nothing is guaranteed yet. And it's really that simple
    We’re projected as a 10.5 seed over all brackets. Win Saturday & that goes down to a high 9 very low 10 seed. We’re in the tourney. I understand the paranoia of a MSU fan but win Saturday & we’re fine.

  6. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,144
    vCash
    52060
    The idea that a team that is a consensus "last 4 in" can become a lock after 1 win over a team that is not close to the bubble is a bit much.

    We are very likely to be in with a win Saturday, but it won't be enough to get us out of the play-in line, and if we follow it up with a loss Thursday, we've got a stressful weekend of waiting.

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,144
    vCash
    52060
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Win Saturday & that goes down to a high 9 very low 10 seed.
    There's no reason to think that. A win Saturday keeps us on the play-in line, nothing more, unless teams ahead of us take bad losses and fall.

  8. #28
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    There's no reason to think that. A win Saturday keeps us on the play-in line, nothing more, unless teams ahead of us take bad losses and fall.
    We’re a 10.7 avg seed. Win at worst we’re a low 10 seed on avg. Thats not the play in line.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,686
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We’re a 10.7 avg seed. Win at worst we’re a low 10 seed on avg. Thats not the play in line.
    Every year there are bubble teams who think they are in and get disappointed.. you can't forget about teams stealing bids in conference tournaments or other bubble teams making runs in their conference tournaments.

    A win Saturday doesn't completely lock us in, it gives us a really good chance of getting in but any team considered to be on the bubble isn't a lock.

  10. #30
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,144
    vCash
    52060
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We’re a 10.7 avg seed. Win at worst we’re a low 10 seed on avg. Thats not the play in line.
    You're looking at bracket matrix? We are one of six 11 seeds, and we are the 4th. Thus one of the 4 play-in teams.

    Maybe a win over Vandy bumps us up 2 slots, but I doubt it unless there are bad losses ahead of us. Definitely not bumping up 4 spots to a 10 seed though.

  11. #31
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    72,418
    vCash
    10439
    I hate being on lunardi's last 4 in line. If I were on the committee, it would make me wanna go a different route just to show it's not Joe's decision. I'm petty like that though

  12. #32
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Every year there are bubble teams who think they are in and get disappointed.. you can't forget about teams stealing bids in conference tournaments or other bubble teams making runs in their conference tournaments.

    A win Saturday doesn't completely lock us in, it gives us a really good chance of getting in but any team considered to be on the bubble isn't a lock.
    We’d be 21-10 (9-9) with a Net in the high 30’s in all likelihood. We’d have 0 quad 4 losses. Only 1 quad 3 losses & we’d be 9-9 in Quad 1 & 2 games (4-7 Quad 1). How many bubble teams with that resume have been left out? Yes bubble teams get left out every year but none with a resume as good as ours.

  13. #33
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,909
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    You're looking at bracket matrix? We are one of six 11 seeds, and we are the 4th. Thus one of the 4 play-in teams.

    Maybe a win over Vandy bumps us up 2 slots, but I doubt it unless there are bad losses ahead of us. Definitely not bumping up 4 spots to a 10 seed though.
    I guess we’ll see

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,009
    vCash
    3100
    Have not seen it mentioned in this thread but Vandy will likely be without Liam Robbins on Saturday, who had been averaging over 20 points a game since they started their hot streak. They did win without him playing much last night, so it didn?t immediately fall apart without him. But he is a big loss for them and frankly not having to deal with a seven footer that can shoot threes may be a huge break for us.

  15. #35
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    72,418
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Have not seen it mentioned in this thread but Vandy will likely be without Liam Robbins on Saturday, who had been averaging over 20 points a game since they started their hot streak. They did win without him playing much last night, so it didn?t immediately fall apart without him. But he is a big loss for them and frankly not having to deal with a seven footer that can shoot threes may be a huge break for us.
    Didn't realize this. This would be huge. I want tolu under the basket

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,817
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Didn't realize this. This would be huge. I want tolu under the basket
    Agree with this. I was concerned with the 7 foot white guy for Vandy pulling Tolu out to 3 point line, plus that dude is tough in the middle too. If he doesn't play that's is a huge advantage for us then.

  17. #37
    Member bullygrowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tippah
    Posts
    84
    vCash
    3100
    As a couple have stated, if we win Saturday at Vandy, we are in 100%. Follow that up with a win or 2 in SEC tourny and we can get as high as a 9. If we lose at Vandy and win 1 in SEC tourny, we are still in. We have the resume of a 9 or 10 seed if you take names off of all jerseys right now. Add to that, the bubble is not very strong behind us. It will be hard for teams to pass us regardless of results. Added to that, this year's mid majors aren't as strong. There are only a couple of mid major conference champs that can steal a bid because so many of those conferences will only get one in regardless. The only outcome to sweat is an L at Vandy and an L first game of SEC tourny. Then we would still be on the real bubble. Ideally, I would like to get a 10 seed and play the 7 then the 3. Sweet Sixteen it is!
    Last edited by bullygrowl; 03-02-2023 at 11:55 AM.
    It is time.

  18. #38
    Senior Member RLM38654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Holly Springs
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    3000
    And Vandy moves one whole spot in the NET

  19. #39
    Senior Member yjnkdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5,049
    vCash
    3287
    DELETE
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 03-02-2023 at 12:49 PM.

  20. #40
    Senior Member yjnkdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5,049
    vCash
    3287
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I guess we’ll see
    Some on this site need to read your username and listen more closely and then they may know too. Welcome back IYOK .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.