Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Vowells Building?

vCash

Former Vowells Building?

Anybody know what is going on here? Heard the tenant that was supposed to move in backed out? Work was being done when I passed by earlier. Just curious if anyone knows the latest.

vCash
    Plan I?ve always heard was half of it was going to be a Corner Market and the other half Ace Hardware. Not sure if something has changed recently.

vCash
    New Mexican Restaurant **

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hoped it would be a new Bowling Alley. But probably not. Just another grocery store we don?t need and a hardware store we don?t need.

Seriously. Between Kroger and Aldi and Walmart, why does our community need another market. Also, hardware store? Between East Mississippi, Bell, and Lowe?s why the heck does Roy think we need another?

East Mississippi and Bell are fantastic for what they do, and Lowe?s has its place too.

I try to spend all my money at east Mississippi and Bell Building Supply if possible. I also buy as much as possible from Kroger because their food quality is better than Walmart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Hoped it would be a new Bowling Alley. But probably not. Just another grocery store we don?t need and a hardware store we don?t need.

Seriously. Between Kroger and Aldi and Walmart, why does our community need another market. Also, hardware store? Between East Mississippi, Bell, and Lowe?s why the heck does Roy think we need another?

East Mississippi and Bell are fantastic for what they do, and Lowe?s has its place too.

I try to spend all my money at east Mississippi and Bell Building Supply if possible. I also buy as much as possible from Kroger because their food quality is better than Walmart.
    I went in Aldi's once. I shan't be back a second time.

vCash
    Dollar General****************
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Heard they were finally turning it into that indoor practice facility we always wanted ***

vCash

I miss vowels. So someone has a different opinion way closer than to Kroger or wal mart market. And Roy only cars about the check coming in....and a bowling ally would fail just like the last one. Rent is too high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I went in Aldi's once. I shan't be back a second time.
    Yep

vCash

I do admire supporting the locals.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    The bowling alley failed because unsavory people started using it and it?s parking lot as a hangout. Regular folks stopped going because of what they had to walk through to get in and out.

vCash
    Hattiesburg?s Roberts Company putting full service Corner Markets in Oxford and Starkville to capture the higher end customer like they did with the Hardy Street store in Hattiesburg and their store at Canebrake on West 98.

vCash
    The bowling alley failed because unsavory people started using it and it?s parking lot as a hangout. Regular folks stopped going because of what they had to walk through to get in and out.
    And if that one became a bowling alley the same would happen. But the rent is too high anyway to support it. Crash and burn

vCash
    Skrip club?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I miss vowels. So someone has a different opinion way closer than to Kroger or wal mart market. And Roy only cars about the check coming in....and a bowling ally would fail just like the last one. Rent is too high.
    A $6.15 plate lunch (5.75 on Mondays if you were a student) was a heck of a deal when food was rising elsewhere.

vCash
    What's going in the old Pizza Hut that they are working on, another Mexican Restaurant? There's already signage
    for another one in the new shopping center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    What's going in the old Pizza Hut that they are working on, another Mexican Restaurant? There's already signage
    for another one in the new shopping center.
    Actually it is another Mexican restaurant. Their end goal is for every family in Starkville to have their own personal Mexican restaurant.

vCash
    Just a little bit of policing would have remedied the parking lot issue.

vCash
    Well hell. Unsavory people hang out in the District every weekend. Lots of unsavory women hanging out in Two Brothers all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I miss vowels.
    Man, I do too. It was always my supply chain go-to on baseball weekends. Especially if I was relegated to the Day's Inn across the street.