Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, well. Josh Hubbard released from UM

vCash

Well, well. Josh Hubbard released from UM

He is re-opening his recruitment. Get after it Jans.

vCash

Can he play D?

Seriously, I don't know much about him other than he was the best player in MS and went to um. MSU usually gets those guys.

vCash
    You can fit everything I know about basketball on a postage stamp, but Im not worried about defense with Jans. We need guys who can score points and create their own shot. The all-time leading scorer in MS high school history is a good start.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 02-28-2023 at 09:24 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...59691351752707

Dude can absolutely hoop. Get him now!

vCash
    He?s a baller, checks every box we need!

vCash

My point was Jans stresses D

Based on the article below, it seems he can play both ways. Usually offensive minded players struggle with intense D, see KeShawn Murphy.

https://www.on3.com/college/ole-miss...-davis-firing/

vCash
    Doesn?t Dampiers son still play at MRA under Duease and if I remember correctly, Eric helps out some coaching. Maybe that would help in the recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    Doesn?t Dampiers son still play at MRA under Duease and if I remember correctly, Eric helps out some coaching. Maybe that would help in the recruiting.
    Yes. Erick jr is in 7th grade and is 6'6"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    He?s a baller, checks every box we need!
    Did he get much playing time on a terrible OM team this year. I didn't keep up with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Did he get much playing time on a terrible OM team this year. I didn't keep up with them.
    He's still in High School (MRA)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    He's still in High School (MRA)
    Thanks much. My bad.

vCash
    He broke the all time scoring record held by our very own Robert Woodard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    He broke the all time scoring record held by our very own Robert Woodard.
    I’m sure he’s an outstanding player, but who all does MRA play on their schedule? The one picture I’ve seen of him playing didn’t lead me to believe he played against the states top athletes.

Not questioning his overall game or skills, just questioning whether his scoring record is as impressive as it sounds on the surface.
    Last edited by shoeless joe; 02-28-2023 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I?m sure he?s an outstanding player, but who all does MRA play on their schedule? The one picture I?ve seen of him playing didn?t lead me to believe he played against the states top athletes.

Not questioning his overall game or skills, just questioning whether his scoring record is as impressive as it sounds on the surface.
    He?s pretty legit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    He?s pretty legit
    Not saying he’s not. Im just asking what kind of competition they played that may have helped him get the scoring record. Gotta put the ball thru the hoop either way. And I have zero clue who all MRA plays during a typical season.

vCash
    I?m sure he?s an outstanding player, but who all does MRA play on their schedule? The one picture I?ve seen of him playing didn?t lead me to believe he played against the states top athletes.

Biloxi
    Gulfport
    Starkville
    Tupelo
    Yazoo City
    D?Iberville
    Harrison Central

Richard Duease schedules tough every year. They usually go to an out of state tournament every year too. I know they played teams out of GA and Philadelphia, PA this year.

Let?s not act like he broke this scoring record playing REBUL Academy and Woodland Hills Academy 4 times a year.
    Last edited by Patrick Tibbons; 02-28-2023 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Biloxi
    Gulfport
    Starkville
    Tupelo
    Yazoo City
    D?Iberville

Richard Duease schedules tough every year. They usually go to an out of state tournament every year too. I know they played teams out of GA and Philadelphia, PA this year.

Let?s not act like he broke this scoring record playing REBUL Academy and Woodland Hills Academy 4 times a year.
    This is why I asked. I don’t know who they played.

ETA: after a quick search they must have played the teams you mentioned before Dec 30th. Cuz after that it pretty much looks like he did…
    Last edited by shoeless joe; 02-28-2023 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    Not saying he’s not. Im just asking what kind of competition they played that may have helped him get the scoring record. Gotta put the ball thru the hoop either way. And I have zero clue who all MRA plays during a typical season.
    He plays on the AAU circuit in the summer. That's why he's as highly recruited as he is. He played against DJ Wagner, Bronny James, Isaiah Collier, and Ron Holland. What he does against little Johnny from East Rankin doesn't matter. No different than a lot of these prep school kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He plays on the AAU circuit in the summer. That's why he's as highly recruited as he is. He played against DJ Wagner, Bronny James, Isaiah Collier, and Ron Holland. What he does against little Johnny from East Rankin doesn't matter. No different than a lot of these prep school kids.
    Hey don?t hate on East Rankin..Mag Heights is a better example..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Not bashing the kid. I don’t believe for a second he’s being recruited highly because he’s the state scoring champ. But it’s been repeated on here a few times like it’s the main reason we would want him. I want him if he helps us win not because he padded stats against hillcrest.