Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Game 3 ASU at the Dude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We might. I kind of wonder if he might move one of the freshman to one of the weekend slots though too?
    Neither are gonna start next weekend. And we would have used them today if we had to. But they need to pitch and it's a big game. Can't see em not throwing Tuesday. Both of em.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Neither are gonna start next weekend. And we would have used them today if we had to. But they need to pitch and it's a big game. Can't see em not throwing Tuesday. Both of em.
    Yeah that makes the most sense.

vCash
    No way Ynetema isn't starting next weekend after the way he pitched..........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    No way Ynetema isn't starting next weekend after the way he pitched..........
    Dude was good wasn't he against a very good hitting team. If Forsyth doesn't misplay that ball in the first he shuts them out through 5. Strong work! And it's good to have a lefty between the 2 rightys

vCash
    At some point we're going to or should transition them to the weekend rotation. We have midweek games for a long stretch from this point forward. I'm not sure when we would do it.

vCash
    At some point we're going to or should transition them to the weekend rotation. We have midweek games for a long stretch from this point forward. I'm not sure when we would do it.
    I said last week that I thought we would see Cijntje on Tuesday and although I would love to hold him til this weekend and let him start I still think he starts on Tuesday. I think his first weekend start will be Lipscomb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I said last week that I thought we would see Cijntje on Tuesday and although I would love to hold him til this weekend and let him start I still think he starts on Tuesday. I think his first weekend start will be Lipscomb.
    I think we still see him Tuesday. Probably will start. If not Loftin of course. We have the two games in Biloxi after we play Lipscomb so I could see them getting held back. Of course if one goes to the rotation then one of the current weekend guys will get bumped to midweek.

vCash
    I think we still see him Tuesday. Probably will start. If not Loftin of course. We have the two games in Biloxi after we play Lipscomb so I could see them getting held back. Of course if one goes to the rotation then one of the current weekend guys will get bumped to midweek.
    Yea and as good as Yntema was, and he was really good, I still think Cijntje will get that spot and we'll adjust the rotation.

vCash
    New information from this weekend's performance:

(1) Siary is ready to play, Polks says the father is a Marine Officer and has total composure in the DNF environment.
    (2) Highfill is the catcher of the present and future
    (3) Tapper is ready to play
    (4) Yntema is a Graham Lloyd / Chad Girodo lefthanded nightmare for Lefty hitters
    (5) Gibbs is ready to play
    (6) Ledbetter is a potential All American

Wonder why Nixon did not pitch. What the deal with Pico's absence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    New information from this weekend's performance:

(1) Siary is ready to play, Polks says the father is a Marine Officer and has total composure in the DNF environment.
    (2) Highfill is the catcher of the present and future
    (3) Tapper is ready to play
    (4) Yntema is a Graham Lloyd / Chad Girodo lefthanded nightmare for Lefty hitters
    (5) Gibbs is ready to play
    (6) Ledbetter is a potential All American

Wonder why Nixon did not pitch. What the deal with Pico's absence.
    Agree with all points. Nixon probably didn't pitch because we were up so big and they wanted to get Gibbs in since he hasn't pitched at all this year. Pico is injured is the rumor although I don't think anyone has confirmed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Agree with all points. Nixon probably didn't pitch because we were up so big and they wanted to get Gibbs in since he hasn't pitched at all this year. Pico is injured is the rumor although I don't think anyone has confirmed it.
    Yes - Pico has an injury but is supposedly only a week or so out from being back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yes - Pico has an injury but is supposedly only a week or so out from being back.
    Be good to have another lefty we can count on to get outs. Need to stack as many of them as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Fingers crossed.

vCash
    Are we still firing everyone?

vCash
    I'm sure that we will transition to that as they continue to grow and we get to league play. If they perform this each outing this will fix itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If it gets this kind of effort out of our team I'll fire everyone 5-7 times a week. 53 times fired and 48 wins would be a solid season

vCash
    I'm sure that we will transition to that as they continue to grow and we get to league play. If they perform this each outing this will fix itself.
    Yep i agree and there's absolutely no reason to rush them right now. Let em grow and develop and gain confidence.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 02-26-2023 at 10:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Not everyone- but Foxhall is still on the hot seat.

vCash
    I like the freshmen, but it seems that Cade, Yntema, and Gartman are a good rotation. MSU can give Loftin and Cijntje big roles in the weekend, even not starting. Keeping them more fresh for later.

Then you have Tapper, Gibbs, Pico, Siary, Dohm, and Nixon to back them up. Long relief is a big deal in collegiate baseball, so Loftin and Cijntje can play huge roles from that platform.

Then maybe Tyler Davis made a leap this weekend, that's another good guy.