Thread: Evan Siary is a nice looking pitcher.

vCash

Evan Siary is a nice looking pitcher.

Good enough fastball made better by a really good change. Best of all though, it looks like he has really good command and location. This may be one of those kids that comes in overshadowed by guys like Loo and Loftin but turns out to be a star.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 02-25-2023 at 08:07 PM.

vCash
    Agreed. What's his story? Just curious as I see he is from Columbus (and South Carolina) but played at Starkville academy.

SA must have serious NIL funds.*

vCash
    He throws strikes so he's going to get action.

I like what he brings to the table. His stuff can play some.

vCash
    Only 33 pitches in 3 innings.

vCash
    Not sure why he hasn’t gotten mound time in more meaningful situations yet.

I think his only walks in preseason was in situational scrimmages where he started with 2-0 count.

vCash
    He looked good. Dohm looked dominant closing out.

Pitching looked the part today. We may have the stuff but we gotta play the guys that are producing, plain and simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Agreed. What's his story? Just curious as I see he is from Columbus (and South Carolina) but played at Starkville academy.

SA must have serious NIL funds.*
    He was in sc when he committed to us. He pitched at sa last year. I saw him multiple times. He was supposedly hurt. But he still pitched. But he was 86-88 most of the year w an avg bb. He doesn't even look like the same guy. Maybe it was injury. I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He was in sc when he committed to us. He pitched at sa last year. I saw him multiple times. He was supposedly hurt. But he still pitched. But he was 86-88 most of the year w an avg bb. He doesn't even look like the same guy. Maybe it was injury. I don't know.
    It's that Foxhall coaching*
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    It's that Foxhall coaching*
    It?s his Dad?s coaching. Mr. Siary coached Evan and now coaches at Oak Hill Academy in West Point, Ms.

vCash
    I mentioned Yntema looked poised last weekend in a short role and might need to see some more innings. Was surprised he got the start tonight. I think Lemonis is still juggling the pitchers until we get some good reliable throwers before SEC season starts. We just don't need to pile up a bunch of worthless losses to teams like VMI. Hope we can get a rotation soon. I liked Siary too.

vCash
    Siary was South Carolina player of the year before he moved to Starkville. I knew he had an injury last year so I wasn't sure what we would get. Looks healthy now though.

vCash
    Damn right we do. Always have.
    Last edited by Reunion Dog; 02-26-2023 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Mistake

vCash
    the Hump and the Dude were rockin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Damn right we do. Always have.
    Says the finest first baseman of all time at SA. ***

vCash
    I'll expand your statement and say that all of our freshman pitchers have looked good. I know Lofin and Lo got all the preseason hype & attention, but the other freshmen have shown a ton of promise too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Not sure why he hasn?t gotten mound time in more meaningful situations yet.

I think his only walks in preseason was in situational scrimmages where he started with 2-0 count.
    Because Lemonis was giving the guys that DIDN'T perform last year the opportunity to perform 1st this year... mindset should always ALWAYS be that those who throw strikes get first dibs.

IMO everybody starts the same every year and if you can perform, you'll rise to the top. This BS about easing Lo and Loftin into the rotation is just that - BS because how much difference is there between a freshman and a sophomore as they've all been playing baseball continuously for the past 10 years-plus. Siary is the cream rising to the top while upper classmen who arguably should've been processed are sinking (both the team and themselves).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MStateDawg View Post
    I'll expand your statement and say that all of our freshman pitchers have looked good. I know Lofin and Lo got all the preseason hype & attention, but the other freshmen have shown a ton of promise too.
    Yeah. We had a good class with Loo, Loftin, Siary, Will Gibbs, and Logan Forsythe. That's a good weekend rotation + midweek starter and a potential relief ace/closer.

And while he might be redshirted this year I really liked Max Miller in high school too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Because Lemonis was giving the guys that DIDN'T perform last year the opportunity to perform 1st this year... mindset should always ALWAYS be that those who throw strikes get first dibs.

IMO everybody starts the same every year and if you can perform, you'll rise to the top. This BS about easing Lo and Loftin into the rotation is just that - BS because how much difference is there between a freshman and a sophomore as they've all been playing baseball continuously for the past 10 years-plus. Siary is the cream rising to the top while upper classmen who arguably should've been processed are sinking (both the team and themselves).
    Yep. We give away games going with who we "trust" or "kept a promise" to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. We give away games going with who we "trust" or "kept a promise" to.
    Unfortunately so, Todd.