Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Game Thread - Game 2 Arizona State

vCash
    Good win. Had to have it just about. Now can we not be an embarrassment tomorrow

vCash
    I'm liking the young guns tonight. Hopefully, it's a sign of things to come.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well fellas, I wore a formally unlucky shirt all day today. Last year we lost every single game I wore this shirt. I wore it and our basketball team won a game against a ranked SEC opponent on our court coming back from down 9 inside 10 minutes and now our baseball team winning with solid pitching.

I am taking full credit.

Banned
    vCash
    The most jekyll and hyde team possible this year.

Lights out

Shitshow

Meh

Shitshow

Lights out

Shitshow

Lights out

Good needed win today but can we play two games in a row this way.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    REally news to win tomorrow.

Build on it.

Consistency.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Good win. Had to have it just about. Now can we not be an embarrassment tomorrow
    It is 50-50.

vCash
    4 pages thread. Would have been 20 full of intelligent takes after a loss

vCash
    Good bounce back win. We've dug ourselves in a hole, so now we have to dig ourselves out of it one game at a time.

I think we just need to ride the new guys as long as we can. The veterans have had their chances and have just about blown them all. Embrace the youth movement and we'll be better off for it down the line. Think TA, Rowdey, Foscue, Westburg in 2018

vCash
    Only got to watch the last 2 inimgs today but congrats to the guys for getting a good win after that mess yesterday. Will say though that in the 2 innings I watched that the strike zone was significantly more generous tonight than the bozo behind the plate yesterday that wouldn't call hardly anything a strike. Some of the umpires we've had over the prior 6 games have definitely made a major contribution to our base on ball issues.

vCash
    I like what I heard as I drove home from the basketball game. Except for the scratchiness of Jim?s broadcast on my IHeart streaming. The commercials came through perfect but the game broadcast was all scratchy. Anybody else stream the game and notice??

vCash
    Look I am about as an emotional baseball fan as they come and get really down on the team when they **** up or when they continue to **** up. I liked what I saw from our pitchers tonight. The ability to throw strikes. That's what we need on the mound. Good bounce back from last night's embarrassment and hopefully we can scratch out another win tomorrow.

vCash
    Didn't get to watch. Looking at stats it seems we have a new weekend starter and a new solid reliever.

Need Gartman to stay good, and a Fr to enter the rotation and I think we have something. Dohm and Nixon should be bale to lock down those close late games too. If we can find starters that don't shit the bed immediately and give us 5+ we may be OK on the mound. That would be insane though, considering basically every inning would be thrown by a Fr or transfer. Not sure anyone else is so dependent on new faces, and it's hard to believe we can actually pull that off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    We brought in Chester and Hoyle as well and none of those guys can beat this clown out? What does that say about our evals? Lane must have pictures on Lemonis.
    They were brought in to be serviceable backups that cost no scholarship money. Mershon was the backup or hope to be.

vCash
    On the way home I heard Jim say last night we threw 48% strikes. Tonight we were at 65%.

vCash
    Our freshman have the opportunity to be pretty special. We just need to keep Foxhall away from them. Maybe send them to Starkville Academy and let Oswalt run their bullpens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    4 pages thread. Would have been 20 full of intelligent takes after a loss
    Fact is our pitching and fielding has sucked this year. I think we got too much talent to be that bad in those areas. We'll see.

vCash
    Very good win, great resilience. Especially by Yntema.

He had to settle-in.

Ledbetter's outfield play was game changing. Especially the robbed HR.

vCash
    Im not really encouraged by the hitting. I get that it is extremely hard to do and I am in no position to say what we need to do but we need to be better

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Very good win, great resilience. Especially by Yntema.

He had to settle-in.

Ledbetter's outfield play was game changing. Especially the robbed HR.
    Ledbetter's snag saved the crowd. The air left the building off the bat and he brought it back in.

The pickoff was huge too. Baseball is a contagious sport. Lots of quicksand yesterday for us. Today we had lots of "we're not ****ing this up" going around. Need to see it consistently.

vCash
    We need consistency. Win a few close games and likely lose a few close games. Problem so far is our losses have essentially been blown out losses. Really good pitching can give us more consistency even when we have a weak hitting game like today.

Inconsistency? Cade Smith having a reasonably good start with a few walks in his first start, and then getting shell shocked with a tight strike zone and blowing up last night.

Consistency? KC Hunt being awful in both games he pitched. Slate Alford never seeing a pitch he didn?t like in the first 7 games, even if it was down the middle??- Of the other batters box