Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our fans are WAY to quick on baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Our fans also think they know everything about baseball.

They don?t.

They?re just as dumb and emotional as all other fans.
    How would you feel if our football program kept throwing multiple interceptions in a game or made numerous defensive blunders? What about if our football program lost to Milsaps or MC? People who follow and watch our baseball program can get a genuine feel of how the season will play out by how we perform in these games. I can tell you that we are shite, but do have bright spots in our young players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    So we're just to dismiss a pitching staff that led the SEC in walks and HR's allowed last year and are continuing that trend through 6 games this year?
    Don't know near as much about baseball as many of you guys as I last played in 7th grade in 1968, but even I can see these two things are bad.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    ?Too?.

Anyway. I think Lemonis (due to the heat) will be forced to try everything (play different people, etc) to put us in the best spot.

That is good.

We had a down year last year no doubt. And I agree we should Put pressure on him and he has to perform.

However, 6 games in is not enough to know yet.

I agree losing the games we have is disgusting but they can still turn it around and there are a LOT of bright spots.

I can see the potential. You can too if you just open your eyes.

vCash
    We are going to be pretty good.

We have some really good pieces. Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.

I think it?s good to put pressure on Lemonis as he is not going to have a choice but to play who has to play for us to win.

However, to think he won?t do it is a mistake imo.
    I think there is good reason for a great deal of concern among the fan base and alumni. What has been seen so far is a continuation of a garbage year from before with almost no signs of improvement clearly visible. Is this a result of coaching changes back to back to back, or is this a misappropriation of limited NIL funds, or missed evaluation of talent / just poor coaching, maybe to all of the above. But what is evident is that what is being exhibited is not fixed by honing an already sharp edge. There are massive issues to rectify. And this isn?t an easy or quick fix.

vCash
    Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.
    If only there was some time set aside for coaches to evaluate who can play and who can't. An opportunity when the players could...practice the skills required to play baseball at the college level and our coaches evaluate their performances, and then based on those performances, decide who should play in games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    6 games into a baseball season is a little fast to want to fire a coach that won a natty two years prior
    It is NOT 6 games. It is an ENTIRE season plus 6 games. Same soup just a different bowl with different, consecutive years stamped on the bottom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You don't give them a chance to change. You bench their ass and then you cut them. But our coach wants to pat them on the back and tell them to try again tomorrow. This is college baseball. If they can't hack it, which a majority can't, you cut their ass. It's not a hard thing to figure out.
    Problem is we can't replace them because of the NCAA 35 man roster rules for this season. So we might as well keep them around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Why would we suck in an SEC tournament just to turn around and lose only two games total in the rest of the postseason, not giving up an entire error in the CWS
    That was two years ago with almost completely different players.

One of those two games we lost was because Foxhall decided to put in Stinnett instead of Sims but thankfully it worked out in the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If only there was some time set aside for coaches to evaluate who can play and who can't. An opportunity when the players could...practice the skills required to play baseball at the college level and our coaches evaluate their performances, and then based on those performances, decide who should play in games.
    Isn't that what Fall Ball is for?

vCash
    Yes we have some pieces to be a good team. Don?t won?t argue that. But we also have a screwed up hitting philosophy. The same problem as last year. Our fielding is atrocious to be this level of baseball. Our pitching has this year and last year thrown way too many walks not challenged the zone how many pass balls did we have last year. Give me one example of a pitcher that truly developed last year and this year. We look terrible with a broad brush. We look totally unprepared.

My question with all the above listed who?s fault is it? One and only one IMO Lemonis. We are paying top dollar for sub par coaching. That should never happen

vCash
    Our fans also think they know everything about baseball.

They don?t.

They?re just as dumb and emotional as all other fans.
    State baseball fans are very educated on baseball. We have a smart baseball fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Isn't that what Fall Ball is for?
    That was his point. The sarcasm was thick in that post.

vCash
    Name one player who has gotten better under this staff. I will wait. We dont compete. We dont do anything consistent with except be cute. 5-17 in our last 22 and there have been several that are all time low losses. One of them the worst defeat in the history of the program. These kids have quit responding to this staff

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    At some point, the staff has to lay down the law. Hell, only play freshmen and the new transfers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    We have one of the most well educated fanbases when it comes to baseball. Moreso than any other sport I would argue. We know shit when we see it. If they were anywhere close to their worth, these coaches should have had the aforethought to know what they were losing after the Natty season and taken the steps to have equal caliber players and plans in place. Additionally, they are well aware of the responsibilty that they owe the school, the fans and the players themselves to coach and develop a quality team on the field. They have failed and done so in spectacular fashion.

I?m not mad about the losses. It?s how we lose and there is no excuse for it. We all had the wool pulled over our eyes and we bought it all. The whole thing and the Natty was the bow on top. Some would say Cohen knew it was coming and left for AU because of it. We are seeing what these coaches really are. Do-nothing hacks riding on the coatails of what others before them put together. Cue the posters that will say I dont know what I?m talking about. I know for a fact many of you share the same opinion. I wanted Lemonis to be the guy. I really did, but he isnt.
    Fans in general are stupid. Ours are no different. No fan has any idea the time and effort put in by coaches to actually succeed. If you?ve never actually coached at a high school level or higher then it?s pretty arrogant of you to actually act like you know more. I don?t show up at your job telling you how to do it.

Now this isn?t to say that all coaches are perfect and do their jobs or specifically Lemonis. There are plenty who are lazy and don?t put in the time and effort. Simply saying that, it?s easy to sit behind a message board or the fence and criticize when it?s not your ass on the line.

There?s obviously a ton of issues going on here. I nor you know them. But we can easily discuss them. That?s what this place is for.

Trust me, I know plenty of coaches who deserve every bit of critical word sent their way. But there are plenty who don?t.

vCash
    We saw an entire season of pitchers not able to throw strikes, walking every inning. We are picked last in the preseason SEC West for a reason, and we should not be in this situation.
    So far, this season is worst in pitching and defense than last year.

Seems only if we pitch the freshmen, and the transfer pitcher can we have a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Fans in general are stupid. Ours are no different. No fan has any idea the time and effort put in by coaches to actually succeed. If you?ve never actually coached at a high school level or higher then it?s pretty arrogant of you to actually act like you know more. I don?t show up at your job telling you how to do it.

Now this isn?t to say that all coaches are perfect and do their jobs or specifically Lemonis. There are plenty who are lazy and don?t put in the time and effort. Simply saying that, it?s easy to sit behind a message board or the fence and criticize when it?s not your ass on the line.

There?s obviously a ton of issues going on here. I nor you know them. But we can easily discuss them. That?s what this place is for.

Trust me, I know plenty of coaches who deserve every bit of critical word sent their way. But there are plenty who don?t.
    There’s the push back I was waiting on. I knew someone would bite. Our fans are stupid? You had to have coached to know what you’re talking about? It is easy to sit on a message board and criticize. That’s what its for. Season ticket holders and others pay thousands of dollars and drive thousands of miles in a season and expect a good team to be put out there to play. When it doesn’t happen we have a right to complain and raise hell. These coaches deserve every bit of hell coming their way. But since you have “coach” in your handle, you must know more. I’ll just go 17 myself. Our fanbase isnt stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    We have one of the most well educated fanbases when it comes to baseball.
    Not really. We have a fan base that thinks they know more than the club coach and that the team will make Omaha every year.

vCash
    We are going to be pretty good.

We have some really good pieces. Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.

I think it?s good to put pressure on Lemonis as he is not going to have a choice but to play who has to play for us to win.

However, to think he won?t do it is a mistake imo.
    I am usually not one to jump the gun this early but we really do suck. At least our pitching does. I mean no disrespect because I know he has family that post on here but our Friday night guy is maybe a midweek starter for most SEC teams