Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our fans are WAY to quick on baseball.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Our fans are WAY to quick on baseball.

We are going to be pretty good.

We have some really good pieces. Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.

I think it?s good to put pressure on Lemonis as he is not going to have a choice but to play who has to play for us to win.

However, to think he won?t do it is a mistake imo.

vCash
    So a year and 6 games is WAY quick? Ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    So a year and 6 games is WAY quick? Ok.
    6 games into a baseball season is a little fast to want to fire a coach that won a natty two years prior

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Disagree. 6 games tells you a lot. First, in our loses we are not competitive. We allow subpar pitchers look like Cy Young out there. We are not smart in the batters box, and everyone looks to be in it for themselves as in swinging for the fence when a single would do what needs to be done. Then there area the obvious areas that have been known for a long time.... Lane is almost a total bust at the plate and now in the field.

Pitching, they can't 17n throw strikes. Yesterday it felt as if our pitcher were behind in the count, as in first pitch called ball, in like 20 hitters in a row. They scored 13 runs on 9 Fn hits. And this isn't the only time this has happened. Errors extending innings on routine plays. Seriously, that is coaching and execution. No other team we have played, including the amazing blue blood team VMI (who is from an area in the country where they do not get many outside practice days leading up to the opening series) has exhibited anything close to the 17n SUCK we have shown. We cannot field. We cannot pitch to contact for easy outs. We consistently spend 30+ pitches in the first damn inning. Other than short periods of time, our hitters are not making solid consistent contact. We have a catcher that cannot throw out a little leaguer. We have another catcher that has issues blocking the plate. The left side of our infield has a total of 10 errors, 3 of which mysteriously disappeared from the official scoresheet.

Here it is. Here is the summary. We are not applying any pressure on the opposing team. Not hitting and definitely not pitching.

Bunch of Pussies out there.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    And when I mean a bunch of pu$sies out there, I mean no one other than our freshmen have a nut sack.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    We are going to be pretty good.

We have some really good pieces. Lemonis has to figure out who to play, but we have talent and they will come around.

I think it?s good to put pressure on Lemonis as he is not going to have a choice but to play who has to play for us to win.

However, to think he won?t do it is a mistake imo.
    chew less gum watch more games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Disagree. 6 games tells you a lot. First, in our loses we are not competitive. We allow subpar pitchers look like Cy Young out there. We are not smart in the batters box, and everyone looks to be in it for themselves as in swinging for the fence when a single would do what needs to be done. Then there area the obvious areas that have been known for a long time.... Lane is almost a total bust at the plate and now in the field.

Pitching, they can't 17n throw strikes. Yesterday it felt as if our pitcher were behind in the count, as in first pitch called ball, in like 20 hitters in a row. They scored 13 runs on 9 Fn hits. And this isn't the only time this has happened. Errors extending innings on routine plays. Seriously, that is coaching and execution. No other team we have played, including the amazing blue blood team VMI (who is from an area in the country where they do not get many outside practice days leading up to the opening series) has exhibited anything close to the 17n SUCK we have shown. We cannot field. We cannot pitch to contact for easy outs. We consistently spend 30+ pitches in the first damn inning. Other than short periods of time, our hitters are not making solid consistent contact. We have a catcher that cannot throw out a little leaguer. We have another catcher that has issues blocking the plate. The left side of our infield has a total of 10 errors, 3 of which mysteriously disappeared from the official scoresheet.

Here it is. Here is the summary. We are not applying any pressure on the opposing team. Not hitting and definitely not pitching.

Bunch of Pussies out there.
    And this is a continuation from last year. BTW about the Pitching Coach and his developmental skills about every pitcher he has coach has regressed instead of progressed. It maybe the changing strikezone or the inconsistency of strikezones, which is worse, but its his job to teach the kids how to adapt to that. And apparently he isn't doing that. BTW the same thing is happening in the minors with the computerized SZ and it's affecting pitchers there also.

vCash
    Why would the guys who haven't been performing change at this point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You don't give them a chance to change. You bench their ass and then you cut them. But our coach wants to pat them on the back and tell them to try again tomorrow. This is college baseball. If they can't hack it, which a majority can't, you cut their ass. It's not a hard thing to figure out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why would we suck in an SEC tournament just to turn around and lose only two games total in the rest of the postseason, not giving up an entire error in the CWS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You don't give them a chance to change. You bench their ass and then you cut them. But our coach wants to pat them on the back and tell them to try again tomorrow. This is college baseball. If they can't hack it, which a majority can't, you cut their ass. It's not a hard thing to figure out.
    This same mentally would have benched Kellum Clark last weekend instead of playing him the next day and him hitting two bombs that were the ultimate jumpstart we needed. Wasn't it you that overreacted and made that statement last week?

vCash
    We have one of the most well educated fanbases when it comes to baseball. Moreso than any other sport I would argue. We know shit when we see it. If they were anywhere close to their worth, these coaches should have had the aforethought to know what they were losing after the Natty season and taken the steps to have equal caliber players and plans in place. Additionally, they are well aware of the responsibilty that they owe the school, the fans and the players themselves to coach and develop a quality team on the field. They have failed and done so in spectacular fashion.

I’m not mad about the losses. It’s how we lose and there is no excuse for it. We all had the wool pulled over our eyes and we bought it all. The whole thing and the Natty was the bow on top. Some would say Cohen knew it was coming and left for AU because of it. We are seeing what these coaches really are. Do-nothing hacks riding on the coatails of what others before them put together. Cue the posters that will say I dont know what I’m talking about. I know for a fact many of you share the same opinion. I wanted Lemonis to be the guy. I really did, but he isnt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This same mentally would have benched Kellum Clark last weekend instead of playing him the next day and him hitting two bombs that were the ultimate jumpstart we needed. Wasn't it you that overreacted and made that statement last week?
    Yep. It was. And I'll continue to do it because more times than not I'm going to be right. And if I'm not then that's great too because it means their playing better. Also, what kind of jumpstart did he give us exactly? We didn't blow it open until the 8th and he had no part in that except a walk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And this is a continuation from last year. BTW about the Pitching Coach and his developmental skills about every pitcher he has coach has regressed instead of progressed. It maybe the changing strikezone or the inconsistency of strikezones, which is worse, but its his job to teach the kids how to adapt to that. And apparently he isn't doing that. BTW the same thing is happening in the minors with the computerized SZ and it's affecting pitchers there also.
    About time they stopped calling a pitch in the opposite batters box a strike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Yep. It was. And I'll continue to do it because more times than not I'm going to be right. And if I'm not then that's great too because it means they're playing better. Also, what kind of jumpstart did he give us exactly? We didn't blow it open until the 8th and he had no part in that except a walk.
    Hitting is contagious and it started with him. No different than the TA effect.

It's easy to say you would be right when you have an imaginary bench full of better ball players.

vCash
    We suck. It?s not turning around.

vCash
    Hahah.

?I?ve seen 6 games. I?ve seen enough!?

vCash
    Our fans also think they know everything about baseball.

They don?t.

They?re just as dumb and emotional as all other fans.

vCash
    Hahah.

?I?ve seen 6 games. I?ve seen enough!?
    So we're just to dismiss a pitching staff that led the SEC in walks and HR's allowed last year and are continuing that trend through 6 games this year?

vCash
    Our fans also think they know everything about baseball.

They don?t.

They?re just as dumb and emotional as all other fans.
    Spoken like a person who?s son or grandson is one of the crappy players who should be playing in JUCO or American Legion. We coddle 8-12 year old baseball players. We don?t coddle 18-22 year old baseball players who are old enough to vote or fight in a war. They are men now. Not kids as Polk likes to call them.