Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll say it:

vCash

I'll say it:

Foxhall has to go. Outside of the two freshmen, this pitching staff is a disaster. Time to find out how much Lemonis really wants it. Fire Foxhall and hire a PC who knows what he's doing or GTFO. What you did two years ago was two years ago. This is MSU baseball, not MSU football. Expectations are, and should be, different.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    IMO you get rid of one, you have to get rid of all 3.

vCash
    It really does suck to be right about Foxhall. But you could see this coming.
    I've defended Lemo, but he better get shit straight, because he's looking pretty bad too right now.
    We suck! And this year, there aren't injuries to blame. Just coaches and players.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 02-24-2023 at 09:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    IMO you get rid of one, you have to get rid of all 3.
    Shit Gotro has actually done a decent job so far. We brought in good hitters. He can’t help we are down double digits before the offense even gets a chance.

At very least, Foxhall should be gone. Lemonis is on the hot seat officially. You go out and get a pitching coach as good as we possibly can no matter the money. I don’t care if we have to take it from Tulu. Just do it.

Then you start sitting some of these guys who don’t give a shit and start the youth movement. Play for the future.

vCash
    I'm not sure you'll get a suitable pitching coach to come here under Lemo. They have to know it's a one year get it done or you're all fired type deal. Same as forcing a coach to hire a new OC. Rarely turns out ok.

Might be better off cleaning house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawghouse View Post
    I'm not sure you'll get a suitable pitching coach to come here under Lemo. They have to know it's a one year get it done or you're all fired type deal. Same as forcing a coach to hire a new OC. Rarely turns out ok.

Might be better off cleaning house.
    Coaches don't think like that. I don't think Lemonis would be a lame duck if we fired Foxhall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Shit Gotro has actually done a decent job so far. We brought in good hitters. He can’t help we are down double digits before the offense even gets a chance.

At very least, Foxhall should be gone. Lemonis is on the hot seat officially. You go out and get a pitching coach as good as we possibly can no matter the money. I don’t care if we have to take it from Tulu. Just do it.

Then you start sitting some of these guys who don’t give a shit and start the youth movement. Play for the future.
    I like goat, like fox. But to play along, why does goat get a pass? We got 6 hits. We shit the bed tuesday against shitty pitching. We didn't have a good offense last year and didn't have injuries .... so he gets a pass??and trust me I'm a huge goat fan.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 02-24-2023 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Football hasnt been this bad in a long long time. Our football team has 10x the nuts this bunch has

vCash
    They are just taking on the identity of their coach. He is super anxious at all times in the dugout and it shows. The players are only as confident as their coach and he just doesn't demonstrate confidence. I have been teaching and stress and anxiety recovery strategies for 15 years and have worked with numerous college athletes and even more former athletes. They all have similar personalities and are very driven but don't have any strategies to calm down the nervous system. I reached out to Lemonis a few years ago and he said the sports psychologists handled that. Cohen did have them email me but they suggested they had it covered. Cbt alone won't cut it. You have use healthy self talk but also understand the physiology of how to calm the nervous system down. I can assure you No one on staff, including any of our sports psychologist, know how to teach that very effectively. Saban brings his in from outside. They are not on staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Football hasnt been this bad in a long long time. Our football team has 10x the nuts this bunch has
    It's two totally different games.

vCash
    In the words of Ron White: ? BULL SHI ITE!!!!?

This is Lemonis Turd! If he doesn?t get this turned around THIS year, he needs to be coaching an 8 year old coach pitch team next year. I don?t know how many times I have to emphasize this but one more damn time: Lemonis won in 21 with somebody else?s players. No way to give him any credit more than Bednar figuring crap out the last half of the season and I sure as crap ain?t giving Lemonis credit for that!! There are numerous case examples of coaches in every sport having great success with the previous guys players! Everybody here knows that unless you are under 16 years old!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Coaches don't think like that. I don't think Lemonis would be a lame duck if we fired Foxhall.
    He would be. I've been trying to tell you this crap for almost a week. STOP DEFENDING THE FATASS ON THE BUCKET. HE IS THE PROBLEM. Foxhall is a part of the problem, but he isn't the main problem. Tonight in that press conference summed it all up. He said they didn't need to be yelled and screamed at. Hell yes they did. They needed to be dog cussed like Cohen used to do. Put their ass on the steps on the dugout, kick every kid out of stadium, and dog cuss them. Every last one of them. Cause I can guarantee you if John Cohen was stilll AD he would've done it. And then he would've dog cussed the coaches. He did a lot wrong, but this shit wouldn't have flown with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He would be. I've been trying to tell you this crap for almost a week. STOP DEFENDING THE FATASS ON THE BUCKET. HE IS THE PROBLEM. Foxhall is a part of the problem, but he isn't the main problem. Tonight in that press conference summed it all up. He said they didn't need to be yelled and screamed at. Hell yes they did. They needed to be dog cussed like Cohen used to do. Put their ass on the steps on the dugout, kick every kid out of stadium, and dog cuss them. Every last one of them. Cause I can guarantee you if John Cohen was stilll AD he would've done it. And then he would've dog cussed the coaches. He did a lot wrong, but this shit wouldn't have flown with him.
    Yet what did he win...

vCash
    I?m wondering if Selmon even gives a big enough crap about baseball to have a sit down with Lemonis. This might have to go to the President to say this crap is unacceptable. I was at the game and I am literally embarrassed by what I witnessed. There was a point I thought we could have the umpire place the ball on a Tee for ASU and we would have a better chance of getting them out. Think about it. Our supposed BEST two pitchers gave up 8 walks, 1 hit batter, 8 hits, had 3 bad defensive plays behind them, 2 of which the damn score keeper gave hits on, and 13 runs in their 5 plus innings of work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yet what did he win...
    You could argue he won a national championship. Almost half those players were recruited by him. But enlighten me how Gene Chizik of college baseball is a better coach.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/BaseballCentraI/...862644231?s=20

For anyone asking....this is what we want to see. Like show some intensity. Act like you give a F that we're paying you 7 figures to coach baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yet what did he win...
    He built most of the team that fat Louie won a championship with. Swinger Loverboy Cannizaro built the rest of it. Lemonis deserves little to no credit for what happened in 2021. Remember 2020 before the season was cancelled. We had a couple or three of these WTF losses to fall to 6-4 before they beat a couple of patsies and then found a horseshoe up their ass in Biloxi against Texas Tech in 2 games to get to what, 10-4 before the season was shut down. Who else coaches from the dang ball bucket that has real success? Corbin coaches 3rd base. Doesn?t Vitello coach a base. Most head coaches are standing on the dugout steps watching every pitch and sending some sort of signal to the other coaches and players. Heck! I wish Lemonis was sexting a girlfriend in the dugout. It might explain why our guys play and pitch so crappy!
    Give me a sexting recruiting asshole every time over the crap I see. He acts like he is surprised at the suckage when he walks to the mound to take the baseball. I guarantee you tonight, KC Hunt was ready for him to come get his butt long before he did. KC gave up. He knew he couldn?t get a strike past them. He just looked defeated on the mound from the time he got out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I like goat, like fox. But to play along, why does goat get a pass? We got 6 hits. We shit the bed tuesday against shitty pitching. We didn't have a good offense last year and didn't have injuries .... so he gets a pass??and trust me I'm a huge goat fan.
    I tend to agree with you, and to be honest I wanted Gotro gone last year. we have way too many games where the opposing pitcher gets to throw 80 pitches and win. Hell how many times have we been no hit to break it up in the 7/8th innings.

We missed our opportunity to hire Schloss. He would have made us a legit contender year in and year out. Right now, if you fire Lemonis, I'm not really sure who you look at unless you can lure Vitello away. Godwin isn't leaving ECU, Schloss is set at A&M, I don't want Butch, FSU got the ND coach, so do you realistically go for....

The days of having a young team mature is over. The portal is making where you go to the lower ranks and get the best players to reload and do it quickly or get passed up. We are very young, but getting passed up by literally everyone. We should have completely retooled our bullpen and starters last year. You throw the book at the 2 USM pitchers and then you go get another one or let Cade take that spot. (Honestly though, why would any pitcher come here under Foxhall) Then you could get the freshmen feet wet in the midweek and slowly get them ready for the run at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    No he is not THE problem. The only way he is part of the problem is because he brought Foxhall back and IF he won't get rid of him. Which I believe he will when he has to. Which hopefully will be sooner than later. Lemonis will be on the hot seat next year if this continues with a different pitching coach. Which as long as we make a good solid hire - it won't. So no I'm not totally defending him.

Yelling at this team really won't help. That isn't the solution. This team has talent and isn't being developed on the mound at all. Yelling at them isn't going to fix their mechanics and throw strikes. And it's not going to make the players take themselves out after they've gotten shelled. It's not going to keep them from getting injured either.

What we need to do is what I said last Saturday when people said I was "melting" down. Get rid of Foxhall now- which will in and of itself serve as a wake up call. Get an interim pitching coach who will be a different set of eyes and can hopefully improve some guys at least marginally. And then go from there and get an elite pitching coach in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I?m wondering if Selmon even gives a big enough crap about baseball to have a sit down with Lemonis. This might have to go to the President to say this crap is unacceptable. I was at the game and I am literally embarrassed by what I witnessed. There was a point I thought we could have the umpire place the ball on a Tee for ASU and we would have a better chance of getting them out. Think about it. Our supposed BEST two pitchers gave up 8 walks, 1 hit batter, 8 hits, had 3 bad defensive plays behind them, 2 of which the damn score keeper gave hits on, and 13 runs in their 5 plus innings of work.
    Well, that's kind of Selmon's job. I'm willing to give him an opportunity to do it until he proves otherwise.

I can almost guarantee you a "sit down" at this point is going to result in Foxhall being fired.