Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball turns it around tomorrow

vCash

Baseball turns it around tomorrow

When most the board seems to start all thinking in unison, we're usually wrong. Lemonis and the diamond dawgs are about to turn this around.

Bonus prediction - we beat aTm, SC, and vandy to punch our ticket for the tourney.

vCash
    Maybe a rotation of Cijntje - Gartman - Loftin can get us some wins. I don't know about tomorrow, but they all seem like they have potential to be solid weekend starters this year.

vCash
    Not until we start playing the talent we have and not older guys. The whole bullpen/rotation needs to be blown up and then start sitting Lane and Hancock.

vCash
    Is this a joke?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Not until we start playing the talent we have and not older guys. The whole bullpen/rotation needs to be blown up and then start sitting Lane and Hancock.
    Hancock has our highest BA (.421), slugging percentage, and OB percentage but the answer is to sit him???

vCash
    41 walks and 13 errors so far, and a first time college starter who's looked pretty average out of the pen is starting. It's a full blown bullpen day tomorrow. If we'd been playing on the road, we'd have 20 errors.

vCash
    And I believe Forsythe got on base 4 times tonight?

That whole narrative some have that Luke should not be near the top of the order, and that Lane F. is worthless….is falling apart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Hancock?? Hancock?? Maybe you need to use some stats and or facts to back that up. As for forsythe, a he's outhitting Hines and Jordan at present. B- yes I know he's not fielding g well. C- Mershon is hurt. Isn't taking Infield outfield. The fact you want to sit Hancock- at present just means you started the year w anti Hancock bias. He's by far our best defensive 1b and he's production has been good on offense so far. Stop w an agenda and use some facts. That's all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Hancock has our highest BA (.421), slugging percentage, and OB percentage but the answer is to sit him???
    He just doesn't like him. He can't. Nobody in their right mind should want him on the bench.

vCash
    Hell I crap on Hancock about as much as anyone in the fanbase, but he isn't the problem right now. He's playing a solid 1B and he's one of the few that can hit on the team. There's a lot to complain about right now, but Luke Hancock is not one, at least if he's not playing catcher. That's a whole other story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    And I believe Forsythe got on base 4 times tonight?

That whole narrative some have that Luke should not be near the top of the order, and that Lane F. is worthless?.is falling apart
    Yep and Lane has a higher BA than Jordan and the same number of RBI's.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He just doesn't like him. He can't. Nobody in their right mind should want him on the bench.
    I don't have anything against the kid (Lane/Hancock). I didn't see today's game; I wasn't waking up early to watch it again and get my feelings hurt. I have always liked Lane and took up for him a lot. I don't know what is going on with him and his fielding this year. I always thought he had a hell of a glove/arm, yet this year it's like he has regressed in my opinion. Now from what i saw today, he did make a hell of a play off the one that the pitcher deflected. I didn't see anything else, like I said I didn't watch today.

vCash
    I do think it is strange that the games Forsythe has had success in at the plate so far this year, state has been blown out by the opponent. I always though Stinnett was a double agent from Oxford planted at State to sabotage the program (half-way joking) but now I think Right now, the whole program is a Circus clown show with Lemonis as the Ring Master!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Who gives a shit about BA?
    LF -.222 vs DJ - .217

OPS is a much better metric
    LF - .662 vs DJ . 778

DJ with 2 XBH; LF with 0

Only stat LF is better at is less K at 2 vs 5

Both have 7 walks

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    That's an apples and oranges comparison. Lane has more college AB's, so I would hope he could out hit a true freshman. Lane has reached his ceiling, Jordan is barely off the floor and is ascending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    That's an apples and oranges comparison. Lane has more college AB's, so I would hope he could out hit a true freshman. Lane has reached his ceiling, Jordan is barely off the floor and is ascending.
    I know right
    DJ in 6 games has 2 xbh
    LF in 110 games had 10 xbh, 10!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    I know right
    DJ in 6 games has 2 xbh
    To put that in perspective
    Luke Alexander in his last 68 games had 16 xbh and people wanted him benched too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    I know right
    DJ in 6 games has 2 xbh

That's such a damning stat to actually see. 10xbh in over a 100 games. But we'll bench Jordan before we bench Forsythe. That's the sad part

vCash
    This bunch needs that famous locker room speech that Coach Leach gave that the previous NC year means nothing today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    This bunch needs that famous locker room speech that Coach Leach gave that the previous NC year means nothing today.
    No we need the IB speech that he gave on the dugout steps in 2009 after we blew a lead late to LSU. He kicked every kid out of the stadium, put his team on the dugout steps, and got in their face and dogcussed every last one of them. It was glorious. I almost started clapping but I was afraid he might throw his spikes at me.