Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NIL money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Two things that are different there: First, even your "small market" teams still have pretty big markets. Jacksonville has around 1M in its city limits and of course has fans outside of that. Greenbay is legitimately different, but even then, Wisconsin has 5.8M people and I assume they are heavily weighted towards being GreenBay fans.

Second, there is no real question that all of the teams in the NFL are the best football teams out there. As the NCAA is currently set up, ESPN needs its teams with media rights to be "known" to be the best. Having a Bama or UGA lose to a MSU or Ole Miss hurts them in maintaining Bama and UGA's image as the best and leaves room for teams from teh Big 12 or ACC to claim to be better. Now if there were only two legitimate power conferences, one with rights owned by Fox and one with rights owned by ESPN, this dynamic might go away, especially if they have a bunch of post season games against each other. It'll be more like NFC v. AFC and the post season will be how people judge who is the best. Not sure if the dynamic goes away completely, but I think it would reduce ESPN's incentive to push for the haves to dominate in conference in the regular season. They just need SEC teams to win in the post season.

But again, not sure if there will be enough interest in NCAA football for small market college teams to not hurt post season ratings, in which case ESPN will still have the incentive to make sure big market teams advance to the biggest Post season games.
    There will always be the need to have "Washington Generals" teams to play the "Harlem Globetrotters". We will probably continue to be a team in between most years. I look forward to new schedules when OK and TX join. Surely we won't get bama for another 120 years straight, I hope. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Someone tell Elon that we are the most conservative school in the SEC and maybe he will donate 1B to us haha
    If Elon only read the message boards, he would NOT come away with that impression (speaking politically).

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We have at least 1 player in football making 6 figures in NIL. We’re not killing it but we have 7 figures. I also can speak pretty confidently that when Jans & crew gets ready to recruit the portal this year he will do so with a 7 figure budget.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We have at least 1 player in football making 6 figures in NIL. We’re not killing it but we have 7 figures. I also can speak pretty confidently that when Jans & crew gets ready to recruit the portal this year he will do so with a 7 figure budget.
    3 month sabbatical?