Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: AZ State Game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I hope the basketball team can pull it off but I'm shocked that game is a pick em. TA&M is 13-2 in the conference and by all accounts should be favored.
    BPI favors us at 55.1%. If I knew shak was gonna be good to go, I might would bet on us. I'm concerned shak doesn't play, and we lose a heartbreaker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Our NIL money went to Hunt, Hancock, and Stinnett. This is laughable.
    I can see maybe having some hope that Hunt could help and Hancock is at least a decent 1B and bat. But I can't believe we spent a dime on Stinnett though. Whoever made that decision must have been drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I mistakenly started a drinking game of taking a shot for every walk. It's not going well for me. I am honestly surprised I can still type....although it has taken me 10 minutes
    LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Dan Heefner
    We need to offer him whatever it takes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    We need to offer him whatever it takes.
    Is he a hot commodity?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Not his call....
    If it?s not his call we are is sad shape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    If it?s not his call we are is sad shape
    Our AD will rarely make a call to fire someone. Those who have the money will be calling this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Is he a hot commodity?
    It’s known he isn’t really interested in leaving DBU. You’d have to offer him an insane amount I’d imagine. I’ve got to hear him speak twice and he’s one of the best hitting guys out there. It was an eye opening experience.

He does more with less than just about anyone out there. Has an eye for underrated talent, player and coaching talent alike. I think he’s a top 10 coach in college baseball.

I’ve said it already on here, you make him turn you down 100x and 100x more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    It’s known he isn’t really interested in leaving DBU. You’d have to offer him an insane amount I’d imagine. I’ve got to hear him speak twice and he’s one of the best hitting guys out there. It was an eye opening experience.

He does more with less than just about anyone out there. Has an eye for underrated talent, player and coaching talent alike. I think he’s a top 10 coach in college baseball.

I’ve said it already on here, you make him turn you down 100x and 100x more.
    Yep
    DBU in my sons top 5 right now should he continue to develop and play at that level

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I can see maybe having some hope that Hunt could help and Hancock is at least a decent 1B and bat. But I can't believe we spent a dime on Stinnett though. Whoever made that decision must have been drunk.
    I can appreciate wanting to ride or die with your guys as a coach. But if youre gonna do that youd better be able to get the most out of them and develop. We 100 percent have not done that. I cannot think of one player that has developed or changed his game under this staff. A lot of them are the same players they were or worse

vCash
    I think they let some players decide a lot of things. Like promising Landon Sims he could be a starter. He was not a starter. He was a classic closer and would/will be the same at the next level. He started 0-2 last year because our batters couldn?t hit a beach ball with a bass fiddle. But his motion and delivery were bound to catch up with him when extended.

The staff recruited nobody to be that Friday shut down guy. And here we are: used our most experienced pitchers who were supposed to be game 1 and 2 starters in the same game and they couldn?t get Bugs Bunny out. I mean damn! Alabama, who couldn?t give a rats ass about baseball is ranked in the Top 20. Tennessee, who for 25 years thought baseball was a club sport like mens soccer, has become a Top 5 program. Freaking Coastal Carolina won a National Championship before State did and is (or was) ranked in the Top 25 again. Southern Miss is out-recruiting State focusing on a 200 mile radius around Hattiesburg! Central Arkansas is beating Vanderbilt. Maryland is curb-stomping SEC teams.