Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Basketball

vCash

Alabama Basketball

So Miller gets to deliver a murder weapon to the murderer knowing he needed a gun to handle his business and still get the opportunity to play tonight and score 41 points? Awesome. Now we all understand how much power you can have when you win games. If Bama was 1-13 in the SEC that guy would be in jail looking at charges of accessory to murder.

vCash
    Gotta figure the victim's family is gonna sue him come draft time. Maybe you can't prove accessory to murder, but you could make a wrongful death case. If he didn't provide the gun...

vCash
    Brandon Killer ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta figure the victim's family is gonna sue him come draft time. Maybe you can't prove accessory to murder, but you could make a wrongful death case. If he didn't provide the gun...
    I could see a scenario where the murderer hid his gun in Millers car and then told him to bring his car because he left something in the back seat and needed to get his stuff back, without Miller even knowing what it is. But, yeah I am pretty sure he knew exactly what it was and exactly what he needed it for. What an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    I could see a scenario where the murderer hid his gun in Millers car and then told him to bring his car because he left something in the back seat and needed to get his stuff back, without Miller even knowing what it is. But, yeah I am pretty sure he knew exactly what it was and exactly what he needed it for. What an idiot.
    It's already confirmed Miller was asked and brought the gun to Miles, and also told Miles there was a bullet in it

vCash
    Think about the media coverage blasting we took for

The brawl in Hawaii and the post game fight after the bowl game with Tulsa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Think about the media coverage blasting we took for

The brawl in Hawaii and the post game fight after the bowl game with Tulsa
    Yeah, but they are Bama. SEC got their back too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Brandon Killer ...
    Ha good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    So Miller gets to deliver a murder weapon to the murderer knowing he needed a gun to handle his business and still get the opportunity to play tonight and score 41 points? Awesome. Now we all understand how much power you can have when you win games. If Bama was 1-13 in the SEC that guy would be in jail looking at charges of accessory to murder.
    He's got good lawyers. Their statement gives him plausible deniability. He may have known that the gun was in the car, but to say he without a shadow of a doubt he knew that the gun was going to be used you can't do. It's got to be beyond a reasonable doubt in criminal cases and there's enough doubt there. No prosecutor is going to a touch that case. It's not winnable in a legal sense and he would take a public shellacking when the not guilty verdict came in. They'll give him immunity to testify. I imagine that's already been worked out.

Now, civil wise, he's going to be sued out the ass.

vCash
    He will fit in fine in the NBA, which I quit watching about 20 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    It's already confirmed Miller was asked and brought the gun to Miles, and also told Miles there was a bullet in it
    The transcript I read said Miles told Miller there was a bullet in the chamber.

vCash
    A couple of the Bama fans I know think it's no big deal. I suspect that opinion is widespread.

Has Tusk opined? He's a reasonable Alabama fan.

vCash
    He knew well what the possibilities were when he brought the gun. It's simply the culture that the majority of college basketball players are brought up in.

vCash
    Like I read somewhere else hypothetically me my buddy pull up to a Convenience store. Buddy goes in store I stay in the car. Buddy pulls a gun that I had no idea buddy had and shoots kills clerk at store. Runs out jumps in car and I drive buddy away.

I would most assuredly be charged with murder accessory after the fact. Why is Miller?s case not the exact same. Regardless if Miles texted him and regardless if Miller read the text. Has no bearing. Miller drove Miles to the location of the shooting. Period end of discussion. Thus making Miller accessory to murder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    Like I read somewhere else hypothetically me my buddy pull up to a Convenience store. Buddy goes in store I stay in the car. Buddy pulls a gun that I had no idea buddy had and shoots kills clerk at store. Runs out jumps in car and I drive buddy away.

I would most assuredly be charged with murder accessory after the fact. Why is Miller?s case not the exact same. Regardless if Miles texted him and regardless if Miller read the text. Has no bearing. Miller drove Miles to the location of the shooting. Period end of discussion. Thus making Miller accessory to murder.
    You would be an accessory because you drove the getaway vehicle - totally different.

The biggest problem I have with the story is that Miller used his vehicle to block the victims vehicle in the parking lot - that should make him an accessory

vCash
    At 95% of the schools in the NCAA that guy would be at minimum suspended from the team. At most he would be gone until he got out of the CHARGES. (if he ever did), because at most he would have been charged with a VERY serious felony. Greg Byrne has revealed what he actually is here. I'm glad he isn't at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post

Well first off, Miller wasn't in the same car as Miles so that takes out accessory after the fact. Secondly, you cannot say with 100% certainty that he knew what the gun was going to be used for. Criminal cases must be beyond a reasonable doubt and there's plenty of doubt. The only they they could charge him with accessory after the fact is if they somehow could prove that he was told to block the street with the car. However, it's an easy defense there because he could just say he was waiting to pick someone up. The only thing realistically they could try to charge him with is accessory before the fact and there would have to be irrefutable evidence that he knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that a murder was being committed. There's a ton of ways you can take the messages that would cloud a jury's decision making. No DA would take that to trial with that many extenuating circumstances. It's not winnable unless they have evidence they haven't made anyone privy to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    At 95% of the schools in the NCAA that guy would be at minimum suspended from the team. At most he would be gone until he got out of the CHARGES. (if he ever did), because at most he would have been charged with a VERY serious felony. Greg Byrne has revealed what he actually is here. I'm glad he isn't at MSU.

There's no charges to get out of. He hasn't been charged with anything and accd. to the Tuscaloosa DA he isn't going to be charged with anything. I'm not trying to defend the guy because I agree that he should be suspended but I don't know what exactly you're suspending him for or how to determine the length of the suspension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    A couple of the Bama fans I know think it's no big deal. I suspect that opinion is widespread.

Has Tusk opined? He's a reasonable Alabama fan.
    Dude is a straight up hood rat that should be put on his knees and tied to a stump... in a swamp... and let the rattlers, bugs, and alligators do the rest.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Vegas and Tusk both with the kill shot