Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ULM game 2

vCash

ULM game 2

We gonna find something out about this team today. Get this thing turned around, state

vCash
    Earliest game thread ever, congrats.

After last years disaster, strange that MSU could need a reset after just 4 games versus Mutt opponents. It's not like the team just returned from Dallas after playing Top-5 teams.

Right now, this just feels like 2022 continued. No reason to melt. Coaches should've gone out of pocket to NIL Skenes. Probably a tax deductible, occupational expense a competitive collegiate baseball coaching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Earliest game thread ever, congrats.
    I was ready to change the conversation to today. Yesterday was horrible, and I'm hoping our team responds

vCash
    the fact that we are down 2 runs in the ninth and Lane leading off and Lem sits on his ass and doesn't pinch hit--really pisses me off.

vCash
    We drop this one today and this weekend vs ASU is going to be a mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    the fact that we are down 2 runs in the ninth and Lane leading off and Lem sits on his ass and doesn't pinch hit--really pisses me off.
    He's way too loyal to the older players. Hancock and Forsythe have no reason being in the field. Unfortunately Hines is so bad at 1B that Hancock needs to be playing over there. But Forsythe there is no excuse for. If he's going to make errors then just put Hujsak out there. He'll make errors too but at least he can hit. Or if we're so worried about defense stick damn Will Hoyle out there. He can't hit worth a damn, but I'd bet he won't make errors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    We drop this one today and this weekend vs ASU is going to be a mess.
    It's going to be a mess no matter what happens today if we keep running the same guys out there over and over. Clark, Hines, Forsythe, and probably Hancock all need to sit. However, Hancock can't sit because no one else can play 1st.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Hancock is one of the better hitters we have. Lane needs to come out along with Hines and Jordan needs to be moved to 7th or 8th if you are going to play him.

vCash
    We haven't had a 1st baseman in 3 years. First year Luke Hancock played it ok, we all understand roster holes will happen. But then we didn't get a transfer amd stuck with Luke again, which is inexcusable imo. Then we though Hines could play 1st and Hancock could catch, which is also inexcusable to me because as coaches how have you not seen them play those positions? We can see the defensive issues after 4 games, but the coaches didn't see them in all the practices combined last year?

Just awful talent evaluation. We hit on studs like Larry but it's all for nothing because the obvious holes in the roster elsewhere

vCash
    Has Clark always been an outfielder even in high school? Surprised if he didn?t play 1st any?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Man I was ready to melt - he let him bat 3 times after we were down 8 or more. Lane looks like that kid in little league that is still scared of the baseball. He is a confidence booster to pitchers

vCash
    Maybe I'm wrong for feeling like this. But the worse thing we can do today is just barely get by. I want us to win big or let them shove it to us again so that we can let this thing completely hit bottom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong for feeling like this. But the worse thing we can do today is just barely get by. I want us to win big or let them shove it to us again so that we can let this thing completely hit bottom.
    You're not wrong. I either want us to come out pissed off and beat them by 20 or completely get waxed again so we can just hit the reset button and start playing only the Freshman, sophomores, and transfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Hancock is one of the better hitters we have. Lane needs to come out along with Hines and Jordan needs to be moved to 7th or 8th if you are going to play him.
    If we're going to stick with the same lineup I'd like it to look like this.

1. Larry
    2. Ledbetter
    3. Chance
    4. Alford
    5. Hancock
    6. Clark
    7. Jordan
    8. Hines
    9. Auto Out

vCash
    We are pitching an amphibious guy today on the mound ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Has Clark always been an outfielder even in high school? Surprised if he didn?t play 1st any?
    Clark played SS and some 1B in high school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Last year, we had a big target on our back and had our share of injuries after winning the National Championship. It now seems that no team, no matter their conference has any fear in playing us.

vCash
    Wind blowing out today?

That guy with a girl's name for La Monroe may go deep 4 times today.

vCash
    1. Larry 2B
    2. Ledbetter LF
    3. Jordan CF
    4. Hancock 1B
    5. Alford 3B
    6. Hines DH
    7. Chance RF
    8. Highfill C
    9. Forsythe 2B

Cijntje SP

No Kellum today. Unfortunately no change at SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Wind blowing out today?

That guy with a girl's name for La Monroe may go deep 4 times today.
    In all honestly this gives us a ridiculous advantage. There were games last year we would have lost bad this not been the case.