Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Way Too Early Look At What May Be Out There

vCash
    Lemonis is probably safe this year. Foxhall however needs to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Only way for gotro
    Bring Cannizzaro back as hitting coach - dude knows hitting and can identify talent - made rooker a 1st rounder
    Go find the best pitching coach that understands the metrics and development (like a treadathletics or driveline) - you can take an 17yr old that can pitch at 87-90 and turn him into 94-96 with proper development
    Just bring Cannizarro back. Bring back the boxing gloves, bring back the shoulder pads, and bring back the damn fight. Give me someone who tells our players to step in there and throw punches. I'm sick of lard ass sitting over there on a damn bucket picking his nose. Cann dumped all our bats on the ground to try to "wake them up" in the Hattiesburg Regional. Lemonis would break a sweat getting up and walking to the bats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Lemonis is probably safe this year. Foxhall however needs to go
    You may be right about him being safe in Selmon?s eyes. But I guarantee you 80% of the fans will want him gone if this year ends like last year.

Not only should Mississippi State EVER finish last in the SEC, they should NEVER EVER be picked last by coaches and media. Burn me once (2022), shame on you. Burn me twice (2022 & 2023) shame on me for giving any support.

vCash
    Only way for gotro
    Bring Cannizzaro back as hitting coach - dude knows hitting and can identify talent - made rooker a 1st rounder
    Go find the best pitching coach that understands the metrics and development (like a treadathletics or driveline) - you can take an 17yr old that can pitch at 87-90 and turn him into 94-96 with proper development
    We don't need developmental pitchers who might can get to 94-96, we need 3 guys who can sit 92 and spot their FB at any point in the game in any 9 hole you call and a serviceable breaking ball that they can throw at 2 depths. That's what our staff is missing not mid 90's possible development

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We don't need developmental pitchers who might can get to 94-96, we need 3 guys who can sit 92 and spot their FB at any point in the game in any 9 hole you call and a serviceable breaking ball that they can throw at 2 depths. That's what our staff is missing not mid 90's possible development
    This is what's being lost in baseball. Everyone is so caught up in velo and spin rate they aren't teaching pitchers how to pitch. Everyone wants high velo. Young pitchers should be concentraing on how to locate fastballs, in, out, up, down before they even worry about anything else. Heck you got 8 year olds going to training facilities to increase their velo! Just dang! Learn how to pitch first!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This is what's being lost in baseball. Everyone is so caught up in velo and spin rate they aren't teaching pitchers how to pitch. Everyone wants high velo. Young pitchers should be concentraing on how to locate fastballs, in, out, up, down before they even worry about anything else. Heck you got 8 year olds going to training facilities to increase their velo! Just dang! Learn how to pitch first!
    Greg Maddux would dominate baseball in today's game. Elite locator with a 5 pitch mix that he had elite control over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Greg Maddux would dominate baseball in today's game. Elite locator with a 5 pitch mix that he had elite control over.
    Yes he would! Especially with all these over aggressive hitters who focus on nothing but launch angle. He would have them standing on their heads!

vCash
    Only way for gotro
    Rooker made Rooker not Cannizzaro. Rook spent a lot of time, out in Dallas I believe, working on his swing and approach during the offseason. That wasn't Cannizzaro. Cann could recruit but we were going to have issues with him long term. There's a reason he isn't coaching anywhere and it doesn't have to do with infidelity. Plenty of great coaches cheat on their wives and all is forgiven if they're good enough.

Really like Butch and Lane has done a great job at Tech. Not necessarily splash hires but both would do very well here. Anybody know why Yeski hasn't gotten a shot? He's been elite for a while now so it seems like someone would have given him a chance by now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    Rooker made Rooker not Cannizzaro. Rook spent a lot of time, out in Dallas I believe, working on his swing and approach during the offseason. That wasn't Cannizzaro. Cann could recruit but we were going to have issues with him long term. There's a reason he isn't coaching anywhere and it doesn't have to do with infidelity. Plenty of great coaches cheat on their wives and all is forgiven if they're good enough.

Really like Butch and Lane has done a great job at Tech. Not necessarily splash hires but both would do very well here. Anybody know why Yeski hasn't gotten a shot? He's been elite for a while now so it seems like someone would have given him a chance by now.
    Yeah Cann was even let go from his high school job last year. Dude has issues.

vCash
    delete

vCash
    Amen to this, location and a change up before anything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Amen to this, location and a change up before anything else.
    I've seen to many kids throwing breaking balls at to young an age when they can't even spot a fastball. Heck I've had kids as young as 9 that I've been able to teach how to spot a fastball in any zone i called with consistency. It takes work and patience by a coach and player and most don't want to dedicate the time. They just want velo and spin!

vCash
    No clue on truth of it, but I heard that was because he was not going to play daddy ball and some of the parents of the seniors he benched got mad and one of them confronted him in the parking lot and it got out of hand on both sides.

vCash
    Heck you got 8 year olds going to training facilities to increase their velo! Just dang! Learn how to pitch first!
    I don?t have a problem with training for velo but you have to also work on control and the art of pitching - not just be robotic

my 2 boys train for both velo and control. For example, my 11yr old at his last pen was 33/40 on strikes - his pitching coach is 71 (pitched in reds org) - they talk after about the ?why? and other thought processes

vCash
    I don?t have a problem with training for velo but you have to also work on control and the art of pitching - not just be robotic

my 2 boys train for both velo and control. For example, my 11yr old at his last pen was 33/40 on strikes - his pitching coach is 71 (pitched in reds org) - they talk after about the ?why? and other thought processes
    Velo training obviously has its place, but to many place the emphasis on only velo, and honestly as I had one mlb pitching coach tell me, velo training before they hit puberty really doesn't help much.

It sounds like you have your boys in with the right kind of teacher.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 02-22-2023 at 04:30 PM.

vCash
    Because of daddy ball - same thing happened to my hs coach - he cut a school board members junior son and when his contract came up it wasn?t renewed

vCash
    In all fairness he dominated in his day of baseball too.

vCash
    Why are you married to keeping Lemonis? I don't believe changing pitching coaches is going to do a damn bit of difference. This is a talent problem not a development problem, or at least not the development problems you expect at the high D1 Level. I mean we're having to teach guys how to throw strikes. Also, if we go the fire Foxhall direction which I unfortunately think is what will happen, what coach would sign on for one year knowing that Lemonis is basically a lame duck.
    I'm not married to keeping him. I just don't see him as the main problem. Which is why I also said "for now at least". It's about being fair and logical. I want to give him a chance to fix this before I throw him out.

We have talent. They're just mostly freshmen unfortunately for this year.

Getting a new pitching coach doesn't mean that Lemonis is a lame duck at all.

vCash
    Because of daddy ball - same thing happened to my hs coach - he cut a school board members junior son and when his contract came up it wasn?t renewed
    Cann wasn't winning at Holy Cross either. Their record was really bad.

Politics will always exist in baseball. That's just the way it is. Good thing that there are courtesy runners in Mississippi so you can stick the school boards kid out there without hurting the team too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Cann wasn't winning at Holy Cross either. Their record was really bad.

Politics will always exist in baseball. That's just the way it is. Good thing that there are courtesy runners in Mississippi so you can stick the school boards kid out there without hurting the team too much.
    Well I think he was at a private school and if they're anything like some of the ones in Mississippi then politics runs the dang program. However, college coaches have trouble coaching at that level. They don't have patience to teach fundamentals. Especially guys like Cann because everything came naturally to him and he went straight into coaching at LSU and MSU where he was around the same kind of athletes.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 02-23-2023 at 12:28 AM.