Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lineup for Tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Dakota is a true freshman who has HUGE potential. He is pressing a little too hard which anyone starting their first 2 college games would do. You let him work out the kinks right now against subpar pitching. You don?t bench him after 2 games, especially to downgrade with the replacement. Give the kid a chance. He just needs to relax.

You don?t change the line up unless Highfill can go. If he is healthy, you let him catch tom and put Hancock at DH. Hines is out 1b now. Believe it or not, we are really really young and still have over 30 hits and scored 24 runs in 2 games. Pitching is the problem right now. I wouldn?t even say the errors are really bad. Everyone has errors opening wknd when your this young. A lot of unsettles nerves out there right now. (Take out Forsythe cause he makes the plays he has screwed up this wknd)

I did like what I saw out of Logan Forsythe Fri. He threw strikes and challenged hitters. The got screwed on the one walk he had cause the ump blew the call. He should have k?d the guy. I have a feeling we see Loftin and Lo tom. lol was warming up today but Dohm was doing good.

I thought Davis looked ok, Holcomb looked ok til the ump blew his call then he kinda unraveled. The ump today was very inconsistent. He would squeeze then open wide up. Even hunt was squeezed when he started walking people, but he let it get to his head. You could see him mouthing when Lemonis came to get him.

I?m really interested to see how Gartman does tom. We saw personally last year that he can throw strikes.

Gotta shake today off. It?s over. 1 bad loss won?t hurt us. Everyone is gonna have them. Hell Arizona beat Tenn and then turned around and lost to Fresno State. Tenn is 0-2. That vaunted LSU offense that was suppose to be the Powerhouse only scored 5 today on 7 hits. Shake it off and show up today and take the series?
    I thought Davis was shaky early but settled in nicely. Holcombe you hit the nail on the head. He's just got to be more mentally tough and that'll come with experience.

I actually thought KC pitched ok today. He was getting squeezed and he did let it get to his head, but he did what we asked him to for the most part.

Do agree that Gartman will be interesting to watch tomorrow. And I would imagine whoever we don't see out of Jurrangelo and Loftin is who will start Tuesday. The other one probably starts Wednesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Dakota is a true freshman who has HUGE potential. He is pressing a little too hard which anyone starting their first 2 college games would do. You let him work out the kinks right now against subpar pitching. You don?t bench him after 2 games, especially to downgrade with the replacement. Give the kid a chance. He just needs to relax.

You don?t change the line up unless Highfill can go. If he is healthy, you let him catch tom and put Hancock at DH. Hines is out 1b now. Believe it or not, we are really really young and still have over 30 hits and scored 24 runs in 2 games. Pitching is the problem right now. I wouldn?t even say the errors are really bad. Everyone has errors opening wknd when your this young. A lot of unsettles nerves out there right now. (Take out Forsythe cause he makes the plays he has screwed up this wknd)

I did like what I saw out of Logan Forsythe Fri. He threw strikes and challenged hitters. The got screwed on the one walk he had cause the ump blew the call. He should have k?d the guy. I have a feeling we see Loftin and Lo tom. lol was warming up today but Dohm was doing good.

I thought Davis looked ok, Holcomb looked ok til the ump blew his call then he kinda unraveled. The ump today was very inconsistent. He would squeeze then open wide up. Even hunt was squeezed when he started walking people, but he let it get to his head. You could see him mouthing when Lemonis came to get him.

I?m really interested to see how Gartman does tom. We saw personally last year that he can throw strikes.

Gotta shake today off. It?s over. 1 bad loss won?t hurt us. Everyone is gonna have them. Hell Arizona beat Tenn and then turned around and lost to Fresno State. Tenn is 0-2. That vaunted LSU offense that was suppose to be the Powerhouse only scored 5 today on 7 hits. Shake it off and show up today and take the series?
    Very good assessment! I expect Gartman to have a very good season. Kid knows how to pitch and is a competitor. He doesn't walk people either.

vCash
    Ya'll expecting VMI to attempt to steal a bag today?

vCash
    Hancock started at least a half dozen games at catcher last year and only gave up 2 SBs. Unless he is injured, I do nott think it is fair to blame it all on him.

vCash
    Cutting out the walks would of reduced the base runners in half. +/-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    Hancock started at least a half dozen games at catcher last year and only gave up 2 SBs. Unless he is injured, I do nott think it is fair to blame it all on him.
    Well he's the one throwing so unless a tag is missed or the throw isn't caught it is pretty much on him. His throws to 2nd were off target and late, that's either arm strength, reaction time or transfer...again all on him. I thought Alford was a little out of position on the throw to 3rd that was reviewed, however not a bad throw but it's an easier throw to 3rd than to 2nd.

He also fell for the oldest trick in the book with runners on the corners, stealing 2nd is baiting a throw to get a run in from 3rd and he fell for it and it we gave up a run, can't do that at this level...my 11 year old knows better than that.

vCash
    Dakota hit some warning track balls that would go out for HR in April.

Kellum Clark late in the game finally started to get out of that dead pull mindset and hit up the middle almost opp field That slide at 3rd base was a killer. Stick those legs out and get them on the bag.

I don?t know about Luke. How do you bench your captain? Lem has painted himself into a corner. If VMI runs on us, nearly every SEC team will.

KC and Stinnett still can?t get it done. How much before the younguns and transfers take that mound time? Where is Pico?

vCash
    He was saving Pico for today after Gartman and then close with Nixon. so much for well laid plans********

vCash
    Lineup is out.

1. Larry 2B
    2. Ledbetter LF
    3. Jordan CF
    4. Hancock 1B
    5. Alford 3B
    6. Clark RF
    7. Chance DH
    8. Highfill C
    9. Forsythe 2B

SP: Gartman

Not wild about the lineup TBH. Surprised we did not see Mershon at SS and Hines completely out of the lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Highfill and mershon are hurt.
    Highfill looks perfectly fine today. What was his injury?

vCash
    His dad says he never was injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Highfill looks perfectly fine today. What was his injury?
    Oblique. He was day to day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    His dad says he never was injured.
    Uh huh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He was our best hitter in the fall and spring. It wasn't by accident. He's a rookie. He was nervous as hell and he's not pull happy. Relax. He's gonna be fine. It might take him a minute to chill. Heck, last year was Yeager and he was a grad transfer. Year before was Scotty. Dakota is WAY more talented than them put together. It's two games!!!
    Seems you might need to relax with that response. All I said was move him out of the 3 hole for now until he settles down a bit. Would actually take some of the pressure off him as he starts his career. Just looks like he can be fooled on pitches at times based on his first couple of games. And that was VMI pitching. He did at least get an extra base hit yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seems you might need to relax with that response. All I said was move him out of the 3 hole for now until he settles down a bit. Would actually take some of the pressure off him as he starts his career. Just looks like he can be fooled on pitches at times based on his first couple of games. And that was VMI pitching. He did at least get an extra base hit yesterday.
    He's our most talented player, by a mile. He had a great fall and spring. Ill stand by it, leave him in the three hole. He'll fill the same pressure hitting 5th. He he two line drives yesterday and hit two or three more to the track for the weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg989 View Post
    Well he's the one throwing so unless a tag is missed or the throw isn't caught it is pretty much on him. His throws to 2nd were off target and late, that's either arm strength, reaction time or transfer...again all on him. I thought Alford was a little out of position on the throw to 3rd that was reviewed, however not a bad throw but it's an easier throw to 3rd than to 2nd.

He also fell for the oldest trick in the book with runners on the corners, stealing 2nd is baiting a throw to get a run in from 3rd and he fell for it and it we gave up a run, can't do that at this level...my 11 year old knows better than that.
    Pitchers are just as important as catchers in controlling the running game so it?s not all on the senior

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjunky View Post
    Pitchers are just as important as catchers in controlling the running game so it?s not all on the senior
    Thank you! People that don't really understand baseball don't get this. Luke isn't Lotan but his pop time is good enough but dang our pitchers are slow to the plate with no variation in delivery. Pitchers need to be 1.1 - 1.3 to the plate but our guys were hitting 1.5s, way too slow. Also not allowing 24 base runners in a game would help too.

That being said both pitchers and Luke can get better.