Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lineup for Tomorrow

vCash

Lineup for Tomorrow

So I think our lineup could go 1 of 2 ways tomorrow. I don't think running the same lineup out there is even remotely an option. It's either that Hancock is included at DH or 1B or he's out of completely.

I'd personally give him the day off and have it like this:

1. Larry 2B
    2. Ledbetter-CF
    3. Alford-3B
    4. Hines- 1B
    5. Clark-RF
    6. Chance-LF
    7. Downs-DH
    8. Highfill-C
    9. Mershon-SS

I think if you include Hancock you just slide him in for Downs and you either DH him or let him play 1B and DH Hines. Also we desperately need to find a way to get Hujsak some ABs tomorrow. Maybe even get Siebert and Hoyle ABs as well.

vCash
    Highfill is questionable due to injury. Might can might can't.

vCash
    Mershon hurt as well. Fact is our lineup ain't our problem. We've had 30+ hits in two days and you want to fix THAT??? And Dakota ain't going to the bench. If he does it's beyond stupid.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 02-18-2023 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Can we get a couple of the gals from the softball team to come over to Dudy Noble??? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Mershon hurt as well. Fact is our lineup ain't our problem. We've had 30+ hits in two days and you want to fix THAT??? And Dakota ain't going to the bench. If he does it's beyond stupid.
    This^^

vCash
    We've also had 6 errors in 2 days and a catcher who has allowed 13 SBs in two days. I'd say that warrants discussion of a change.

Also, Dakota is 2-9 for the weekend. No RBIs and 2 K's. Does have 3 BBs which shows a bit of patience. We can give someone else a look out there without giving up on him. I'm not saying start benching him I just think we need to give guys like Hujsak and Chance opportunities in the field and since Lemonis is not going to take out Ledbetter or Clark so Jordan is the only one left.

vCash
    Dakota is a player, I like him being in the game so in two months he is taking in runs. Got to lay the long game with him. I would get someone in for Lane, personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So I think our lineup could go 1 of 2 ways tomorrow. I don't think running the same lineup out there is even remotely an option. It's either that Hancock is included at DH or 1B or he's out of completely.

I'd personally give him the day off and have it like this:

1. Larry 2B
    2. Ledbetter-CF
    3. Alford-3B
    4. Hines- 1B
    5. Clark-RF
    6. Chance-LF
    7. Downs-DH
    8. Highfill-C
    9. Mershon-SS

I think if you include Hancock you just slide him in for Downs and you either DH him or let him play 1B and DH Hines. Also we desperately need to find a way to get Hujsak some ABs tomorrow. Maybe even get Siebert and Hoyle ABs as well.
    Id like to see Clark replaced instead of Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    As would I, but it ain't happening. He shows FAR TOO MUCH patience with Clark. Hell he let him start like 0-16 last year and he started every game but 1 in the first 7. I have been all over the fact that we should've moved on from both Clark and Hancock last summer and basically clean slated the program.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 02-18-2023 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    And, he just missed going yard today.
    I?d give him at least 12 games to get broken in.

vCash
    We've also had 6 errors in 2 days and a catcher who has allowed 13 SBs in two days. I'd say that warrants discussion of a change.

Also, Dakota is 2-9 for the weekend. No RBIs and 2 K's. Does have 3 BBs which shows a bit of patience. We can give someone else a look out there without giving up on him. I'm not saying start benching him I just think we need to give guys like Hujsak and Chance opportunities in the field and since Lemonis is not going to take out Ledbetter or Clark so Jordan is the only one left.
    I'm not worried about foresythe or Alford defensively. Yes they have two errors. I get it. But I've seen them play. And that goes for Dakota too. It's two games. If he were 0-10 I'd start him tomorrow. He's that good. Again the lineup ain't our problem. Do I think we do something different? Maybe if some are available. But change our lineup bc we lost and have 24 runs in two games is just being reactive to no problems. At least offensively. I understand defense comes with it. 4 of our errors come from 2 of our best defenders. Now Hines I need to see more of. Not sold on him at first. But it's early.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 02-18-2023 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    And, he just missed going yard today.
    I?d give him at least 12 games to get broken in.
    Yea we don't need to give him that long if he's struggling. No one not named Jake Mangum or Brent Rooker would ever get that kind of rope. And also, we need to get guys like Hujsak, Downs, Hoyle, Mershon, etc on the field because we sure as hell don't want to end up with another Landon Jordan situation. It's ok to not start him, heck you could still bring him to PH

vCash
    IF we were gonna take one out yes. But he's been fine.

vCash
    I'm not worried about foresythe or Alford defensively. Yes they have two errors. I get it. But I've seen them play. And that goes for Dakota too. It's two games. If he were 0-10 I'd start him tomorrow. He's that good. Again the lineup ain't our problem. Do I think we do something different? Maybe if some are available. But change our kj who bc we lost and have 24 runs in two games is just being reactive to no problems. At least offensively. I understand defense comes with it. 4 of our errors come from 2 of our best defenders. Now Hines I need to see more of. Not sold on him at first. But it's early.
    Don't disagree with you on Hines. Not sold on him at 1B yet.

vCash
    Yea we don't need to give him that long if he's struggling. No one not named Jake Mangum or Brent Rooker would ever get that kind of rope. And also, we need to get guys like Hujsak, Downs, Hoyle, Mershon, etc on the field because we sure as hell don't want to end up with another Landon Jordan situation. It's ok to not start him, heck you could still bring him to PH
    Hoyle??? A career 200 hitter? You want him starting?? I'm sorry we lost but your panic is misguided on. That piece of it. Highfill and mershon are hurt.

vCash
    Hoyle??? A career 200 hitter? You want him starting?? I'm sorry we lost but your panic is misguided on. That piece of it. Highfill and mershon are hurt.
    No not start Hoyle. Just get him an AB here and there and some PR opportunities. Definitely not start him. Misworded his part in it.

vCash
    As would I, but it ain't happening. He shows FAR TOO MUCH patience with Clark. Hell he let him start like 0-16 last year and he started every game but 1 in the first 7. I have been all over the fact that we should've moved on from both Clark and Hancock last summer and basically clean slated the program.
    And he did end up hitting 14 hr. So maybe patience wasn't so bad. But I agree he has some holes.

vCash
    No not start Hoyle. Just get him an AB here and there and some PR opportunities. Definitely not start him. Misworded his part in it.
    Gotcha.

vCash
    I'm fine with Jordan learning and adjusting to college pitching while playing but based on what I've seen so far I don't believe that should be in the 3 hole until we see some improvement. If VMI pitching can hold him in check this well that doesn't bode well for how he will fare against SEC pitching.

vCash
    Why? We didn't bat Downs or Hujsac today but you want Hoyle to get ABs. Geez.