Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxhall needs to be fired on Monday

vCash

Foxhall needs to be fired on Monday

Same shit different year. It's either a recruiting issue or a coaching issue and it falls back on him either way. Guy just sits on his ass and lets guys who haven't performed fail over and over again. Hi Parker Stinnett! I don't know what the **** we are doing- or aren't doing but it isn't working. And to people that say he won a NC- well our worst baseball poster on here knows that Landon Sims is unhittable. You can't really screw that up. Although Foxhall almost did bring in Parker Stinnett in instead of Sims when we were behind to piss away the game 2 against Texas in Omaha so maybe Foxhall is that dumb.

He should have been fired last year. But this is what happens when you choose friends over winning Lemonis. He better learn that ****ing lesson now if he doesn't want to end up at the Citadel where VMI can kick his ass over and over again.

We need to bring in Jay Powell as interim pitching coach and move Dohm, Loftin, or Loo to the rotation- whichever one is the most ready.

Luke Hancock is going to force us to play Highfill. We can't have teams just running at will on us- ESPECIALLY with this staff.

Defense- just have to rep it. That's the best way to get better at it that I know. Good thing we have Ron Polk around who I would use to just rep the heck out of it for hours.

vCash
    I agree, Foxhall should have been told to find another job the day the 2022 season ended. He got left off the hook with the injury excuse but in college, your #1 job as a pitching coach is to teach guys to throw strikes, and he can't do it. Quickest way to lose games on the mound is to keep giving free passes and we are going to keep doing it. Had a 9 run lead today and STILL our pitchers can't throw strikes. With this team no lead will ever be safe.

vCash
    I’m at a loss as to how we have ended up with so many pitchers that have issues throwing strikes. When I was a kid, everyone understood that no matter how hard you throw, if you couldn’t throw strikes, you did something else.

A huge worry to me is Hancock at catcher. The coaches had to know his issues with throwing. Didn’t he have an arm injury a couple years ago? I can’t imagine them begging him to come back knowing that he can’t control the running game at all. Back to the coaches, we should have been throwing to first time and again, trying to slow them down. But, when a pitcher is having a hard time throwing strikes, that can make it worse.

We have issues.

I’m not sure what is going on, but we have issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Same shit different year. It's either a recruiting issue or a coaching issue and it falls back on him either way. Guy just sits on his ass and lets guys who haven't performed fail over and over again. Hi Parker Stinnett! I don't know what the **** we are doing- or aren't doing but it isn't working. And to people that say he won a NC- well our worst baseball poster on here knows that Landon Sims is unhittable. You can't really screw that up. Although Foxhall almost did bring in Parker Stinnett in instead of Sims when we were behind to piss away the game 2 against Texas in Omaha so maybe Foxhall is that dumb.

He should have been fired last year. But this is what happens when you choose friends over winning Lemonis. He better learn that ****ing lesson now if he doesn't want to end up at the Citadel where VMI can kick his ass over and over again.

We need to bring in Jay Powell as interim pitching coach and move Dohm, Loftin, or Loo to the rotation- whichever one is the most ready.

Luke Hancock is going to force us to play Highfill. We can't have teams just running at will on us- ESPECIALLY with this staff.

Defense- just have to rep it. That's the best way to get better at it that I know. Good thing we have Ron Polk around who I would use to just rep the heck out of it for hours.
    You can't fire him after two games and you sure as hell can't bring in a guy who hasn't been around the program the entire fall and spring. The only realistic thing you can do at this point is take away pitch calling duties and let Cheese and the catchers call the game. You let him go at the end of the season regardless though. He should've been let go last season and injuries aside I still don't understand why we let him stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I’m at a loss as to how we have ended up with so many pitchers that have issues throwing strikes. When I was a kid, everyone understood that no matter how hard you throw, if you couldn’t throw strikes, you did something else.

A huge worry to me is Hancock at catcher. The coaches had to know his issues with throwing. Didn’t he have an arm injury a couple years ago? I can’t imagine them begging him to come back knowing that he can’t control the running game at all. Back to the coaches, we should have been throwing to first time and again, trying to slow them down. But, when a pitcher is having a hard time throwing strikes, that can make it worse.

We have issues.

I’m not sure what is going on, but we have issues.
    It's painfully simple. We have a staff that cares solely about analytics. So they recruit all these high velo and spin rate guys and don't care if they can't locate the zone. Now I'm not saying go completely against the grain and go find a bunch of Ross Mitchell's but damn there's got to be enough pitchers out there that can throw 88-92 and locate the piss out of the ball. Will Bednar wasn't good because he threw fast, he did, but he was good because he located well. Landon Sims? Same thing. He was elite locating when he had to be. His stuff was good enough to get you to chase, but he could also locate it extremely well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Amen.....to all that.

vCash
    We better hope our starting pitching transfer from Memphis State can throw strikes today and be consistent this season. Did we take any more pitching transfers since last yr?

vCash
    Agree. Fire his ass. The time to quit being a wuss team is now....not next year.

vCash
    Foxhall absolutely deserves to be fired. Fire him now I don?t believe so. Fire him at end of season absolutely.

When you have returning pitchers from last year that struggled and looked awful they don?t improve the next year that is coaching. The coach that is responsible is Foxhall. If Lemonis wants to stay with Foxhall then he needs to get out.

Remember this program is way bigger than any coach. And deserves nothing less than championship attitudes, beliefs and performances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    We better hope our starting pitching transfer from Memphis State can throw strikes today and be consistent this season. Did we take any more pitching transfers since last yr?
    If he can’t throw strikes, then yes, the pitching coach is definitely the problem. Gartman is a PROVEN starter and throwing strikes should be the least of our worries with him.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 02-19-2023 at 08:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Yes - have you been living under a rock

vCash
    Is foxhill responsible for recruiting pitchers? Reason I ask is I'm not sure you can teach throwing strikes. Sean newcomb and touki touissaint are great examples of unbelievable talent, but just can't locate. They've been passed around mlb organizations, but can't throw strikes consistently

vCash
    Also what angers me about Foxhall is that you should be able to evaluate high school talent enough to know whether a high school player can consistently throw strikes at this level. Or what people say have the stuff. From what I?ve seen last year and again this Foxhall has failed and failed miserably on evaluating talent.

vCash
    He is and he is only worried about velo. Have a kid committed right now that couldn?t make it two innings in a showcase due to command issues. Same team has a kid that can locate and actually pitch. Fox is only warm on him cause he tops out at 90. He won?t recruit pitchers, just firerballers.

Other knock I?ve heard is Lemonis hasn?t learned southern charm. Still very much a yankee ahole. Don?t know how much truth on that one but he was hired by Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is foxhill responsible for recruiting pitchers? Reason I ask is I'm not sure you can teach throwing strikes. Sean newcomb and touki touissaint are great examples of unbelievable talent, but just can't locate. They've been passed around mlb organizations, but can't throw strikes consistently

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    People are also referencing Cerentolas minor league success but he still can't consistently throw strikes

vCash
    I ?meant? to say did we take anymore transfers who could start. I know we took some relievers.

vCash
    Fox is in love with Stinnett or did that love affair end for good yesterday?

vCash
    16 bb in 18 ip
    15 h in 18 ip
    12 er in 18 ip
    1.72 whip
    6.00 era
    6 errors in 18 ip
    We've been run on at will

It's just been 2 games, so panic isn't called for, but when you consider last year, maybe it is. Esp considering we are playing a bad team

vCash
    I've been watching MSU baseball pretty loyally since 1983 and I don't think in that entire time I've ever seen us have a staff of pitchers that can't throw strikes like we had last year and continue to have now. Its like Eric Cerantolaitis has infected our entire staff. THAT is on Foxhall.

vCash
    We have always had one or two pitchers that we always say “if he can just put it all together” and I’m sure just about every program has a couple of those. Our problem is that it seems lately we have too many of those projects. We have to start getting more polished guys to campus.