Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Our BASEBALL TEAM should be Embarrassed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Don't know. Don't keep up with him. Last I heard he pissed off some parents at the high school he was at because he didn't want to start their senior sons and one of the dads tried to fight him in the parking lot. Ya know, usual high school parent ball BS.

Again, when he's focused and he has the talent he's one of the best coaches in the country. He had that here. He recruits circles around Lemonis. He also evaluates circles Lemonis but that's another topic completely.
    Not trying to take up for him, but Lemonis just had the #2 ranked transfer class and the #4 ranked high school class. His classes coming are also very good. The one that needs to go is Foxhall. Not being able to throw strikes against a team that can’t hit shit is very bad. The one kid was like 1-2 and scored 5 runs. How the hell is that possible. Your ahead 10-1, throw the ball down the gut and make them hit it…

Now I may be in the minority here, but Hancock cost us a lot of strikes. He jerks the ball way too much. We sat there and watch LoTan be elite when he cared and now we’re watching a huge downgrade. For a team to steal 12 bases on you is inexcusable. That can’t happen…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Not trying to take up for him, but Lemonis just had the #2 ranked transfer class and the #4 ranked high school class. His classes coming are also very good. The one that needs to go is Foxhall. Not being able to throw strikes against a team that can’t hit shit is very bad. The one kid was like 1-2 and scored 5 runs. How the hell is that possible. Your ahead 10-1, throw the ball down the gut and make them hit it…

Now I may be in the minority here, but Hancock cost us a lot of strikes. He jerks the ball way too much. We sat there and watch LoTan be elite when he cared and now we’re watching a huge downgrade. For a team to steal 12 bases on you is inexcusable. That can’t happen…
    He did. And kudos to him for bringing in a solid class. And maybe we'll have some hits in the next couple of classes, but these continual misses are killing us. I mean our 19 class, which was mostly Cann outside of Bednar, was a good class. Sims, Tanner, James, KC, Stone Simmons have all contributed for us. We had some stinkers in it too. But we mostly missed with our 2020 class whether by losing them to the draft or misevaluation. Mostly missed on our 2021 class for the same reasons. That's two classes of guys and we have positive contributions from a total of 6 guys in those two classes.

vCash
    There appears to be a reason the coaches voted us last in the west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Not trying to take up for him, but Lemonis just had the #2 ranked transfer class and the #4 ranked high school class. His classes coming are also very good. The one that needs to go is Foxhall. Not being able to throw strikes against a team that can?t hit shit is very bad. The one kid was like 1-2 and scored 5 runs. How the hell is that possible. Your ahead 10-1, throw the ball down the gut and make them hit it?

Now I may be in the minority here, but Hancock cost us a lot of strikes. He jerks the ball way too much. We sat there and watch LoTan be elite when he cared and now we?re watching a huge downgrade. For a team to steal 12 bases on you is inexcusable. That can?t happen?
    Being highly ranked on paper doesn't mean jack if you can't back it up on the field. Larry and Ledbetter are working out fine but the others haven't impressed me....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Oh I was in Hattiesburg. It actually was comforting to find out he wasn't focused on the game so we had an excuse for why we looked like crap. I have stated multiple times in this thread that we 100% should not have let him coach the rest of that season. I just believe we should've suspended him and revisited the topic in June and if everyone still felt the same and bridges just couldn't be mended then yes you continue with letting him go.

And again, it's water under the bridge now. He probably won't ever coach at this level again. He made a mistake and our administration acted in a way they saw fit. Whether I think it's right or wrong is irrelevant. We have to live with the results of that decision and the ensuing decisions that it caused.
    No, he should've been fired as he was. I'm pretty sure the sexting was the final straw with him. That was a fireable offense anyway. The dude is sexting the entire series of a major college baseball game. That's not acceptable even for a middle school coach.

vCash
    I?d love to hear CML?s post game. Not throwing players under the bus be damned. Lemonis doesn?t owe use anything but I?d love to hear his post meeting with the players and see if there?s some fire in him. Foxhall should be made to wear a pink hat today.

vCash
    Pitching was a crap show last year and it sure appears to still be that way. It's already nut cutting time in game 3. buckle up folks and hang on cuz we finna find out is Dan McDonnell really knew his shit or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Pitching was a crap show last year and it sure appears to still be that way. It's already nut cutting time in game 3. buckle up folks and hang on cuz we finna find out is Dan McDonnell really knew his shit or not.
    Its just unreal that we had a 9 run lead against a team that CAN'T HIT and our pitchers still can't throw strikes. Totally sickening that we will have this RPI killer of a loss saddled around our neck all year in a game that we outhit the opponent 17-7. Of course, if our pitching is this way all year, our RPI will have a lot more issues than this loss to VMI.

vCash
    the struggle is real. the question is whether Lemo knows it

vCash
    It's the SECOND game folks. Some of y'all hold your water about as well as a scared young puppy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    It's the SECOND game folks. Some of y'all hold your water about as well as a scared young puppy.
    It is not that we lost, that would be bad on its own but it is that we lost the same way we lost games last year. Walks and an inconsistent bullpen. It makes it look like the coaching staff did nothing to quell those issues.

vCash
    It is not that we lost, that would be bad on its own but it is that we lost the same way we lost games last year. Walks and an inconsistent bullpen. It makes it look like the coaching staff did nothing to quell those issues.
    Yeah but think I remember this same level of consternation when Arkansas swept us at home in 2021. It's just waaay too early to be concerned. Let's see how things play out.

vCash
    Yeah but think I remember this same level of consternation when Arkansas swept us at home in 2021. It's just waaay too early to be concerned. Let's see how things play out.
    Completely different scenarios. That was getting beat by a team that was just head and shoulders better than us. We also did not have glaring issues other than knowing Arkansas was just a better team.

vCash
    To put this stat into perspective. Dustin Skelton allowed 39 runners to steal on him the ENITRE 2019 season. Logan Tanner allowed 31 runners to steal on him the ENTIRE 2021 season. Luke Hancock has allowed 13 runners to steal through two games.
    How about help Hancock with some pitchouts? How about only throw fast balls with runners on first? Could we throw over to first to hold them closer? Coaching seems to be problem. Not pinch hitting for LF to start the ninth is a fireable offense. Sending Clark to third was also piss poor coaching?JR High coaches know not to make the first out at third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    How about help Hancock with some pitchouts? How about only throw fast balls with runners on first? Could we throw over to first to hold them closer? Coaching seems to be problem. Not pinch hitting for LF to start the ninth is a fireable offense. Sending Clark to third was also piss poor coaching?JR High coaches know not to make the first out at third.
    Pitchouts would be great if he had the accuracy or velocity to make that throw. They still would have stole on us. Also a jr. high coach would also probably know that there was already 1 out in the inning.

vCash
    Remind me again where we finished that year

vCash
    Remind me again where we finished that year
    Remind me who was in our bullpen that year.

vCash
    Remind me who was in our bullpen that year.
    LOL! Isn't this fun! But it does seem a little questionable that Arkansas was better than us given the eventual ....... well, you know .....