Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our BASEBALL TEAM should be Embarrassed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm willing to keep him with a different pitching coach.

Now if he won't fire Foxhall that's a different story.
    They are starting to look like Croom and Woody, but different sport.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    To put this stat into perspective. Dustin Skelton allowed 39 runners to steal on him the ENITRE 2019 season. Logan Tanner allowed 31 runners to steal on him the ENTIRE 2021 season. Luke Hancock has allowed 13 runners to steal through two games.
    Agree with you here, we have a huge problem at catcher. Luke also had a passed ball today that allowed a run.

vCash
    Sure, we can bring in another catcher to hopefully work that issue, but if anyone thinks Foxhall can fix these pitchers that can't throw strikes, well then I don't what to tell you but you obviously haven't been watching this team for the last year. Foxhall doesn't have a clue how to teach a pitcher to throw it in the zone. I really don't have a clue why we brought Stinnett back. Based on last year he should just be called Wild Thing.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 02-18-2023 at 08:15 PM.

vCash
    So does anyone else think we should've just rode out the storm with Cann and let him stay? I've had that thought for the better part of a year now. Because I believe he'd have won a Natty in 21. Hell he got a team pitching position players to a Super

vCash
    So does anyone else think we should've just rode out the storm with Cann and let him stay? I've had that thought for the better part of a year now. Because I believe he'd have won a Natty in 21. Hell he got a team pitching position players to a Super
    LOL. NO!

vCash
    LOL. NO!
    So I know I'm in the minority in that line of thinking, but what about Lemonis makes him a better coach or recruiter than Andy? It may not be possible, but try to take the off the field stuff out of your line of thinking. The guy cheated on his wife, it's bad no matter which way you slice it, but also wasn't the only coach on our campus cheating with her. Hell the other coaches wife knew about it and didn't care.

vCash
    So I know I'm in the minority in that line of thinking, but what about Lemonis makes him a better coach or recruiter than Andy? It may not be possible, but try to take the off the field stuff out of your line of thinking. The guy cheated on his wife, it's bad no matter which way you slice it, but also wasn't the only coach on our campus cheating with her. Hell the other coaches wife knew about it and didn't care.
    We were already top 10 without Lemonis. Not much place to go for any coach. Lemonis's classes the next two years are very talented and better than we have had under Cohen and Cann.

Cann has also had some issues at the high school he coached at- including basically getting into an altercation with a parent or fan which caused him to be fired. He has too many demons to be successful. Sadly.

vCash
    The problem wasn't primarily cheating on his wife (which a lot of college coaches do), the problem was that he was apparently obsessed with the affair to the point that he was totally distracted from doing the coaching job he was being paid to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    The problem wasn't primarily cheating on his wife (which a lot of college coaches do), the problem was that he was apparently obsessed with the affair to the point that he was totally distracted from doing the coaching job he was being paid to do.

And as I said, we should've suspended him and revisited the subject in June. I understand he lost the team, but he lost THAT team. Not THE program. Most of our players were still very close to Cannizarro. Hell he texted half the damn team the day we won it all. If we still felt uneasy then you move forward with the search after the season. I thought it was bad when we fired him and I knew he was cheating in December . Again that's my opinion. It has never changed and probably won't ever change. I saw a guy who could've been the best coach we ever had. I hated to see it end how it did. I thought we could've rehabilitated him.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 02-18-2023 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    This we agree on.........I think they should've sat him down and had a face to face and given a stern warning before he was fired and from my knowledge, that didn't happen..........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    This we agree on.........I think they should've sat him down and had a face to face and given a stern warning before he was fired and from my knowledge, that didn't happen..........
    So it did happen. It happened in January after he got back from the bowl game. That I know for certain. And look I understand my opinion is not popular especially since we told him to stop it before the season. However, I have always thought the play was suspend him and revisit the situation in June. Give him time to work on himself and his marriage outside of the stress of the season and if he was able to be contrite and willing to amend the contract where it was clearly stated that at the first whiff of this sort of thing happening he is gone no questions asked. Again, that is me and what I would have done. I am not paid to make that decision though.

vCash
    What? No. Goodness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    What? No. Goodness.
    Yeah. The thing is it wasn't JUST the cheating with Cann. He lost the respect of the team. If we didn't fire him then it was going to just get worse.

vCash
    He was also sexting from the dugout when he was supposed to be working during a game against USM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He was also sexting from the dugout when he was supposed to be working during a game against USM.
    Oh I was in Hattiesburg. It actually was comforting to find out he wasn't focused on the game so we had an excuse for why we looked like crap. I have stated multiple times in this thread that we 100% should not have let him coach the rest of that season. I just believe we should've suspended him and revisited the topic in June and if everyone still felt the same and bridges just couldn't be mended then yes you continue with letting him go.

And again, it's water under the bridge now. He probably won't ever coach at this level again. He made a mistake and our administration acted in a way they saw fit. Whether I think it's right or wrong is irrelevant. We have to live with the results of that decision and the ensuing decisions that it caused.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 02-18-2023 at 11:30 PM.

vCash
    We have pitching problems and catching problems. Combined, those are a recipe for a lot of losses. If things do not improve, we may win 6-8 conference games and our program will be at the bottom of the SEC.

vCash
    Do you remember the opening weekend that resulted in him getting fired? It was worse than what happened today....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Do you remember the opening weekend that resulted in him getting fired? It was worse than what happened today....
    Oh I do. I was there. It was bad. It wasn't worse than the last two years though. Again, I'm well aware my opinion is unpopular. But I guarantee you we would have a hell of a lot more fight with him in the dugout than Lemons sitting on a bucket.

vCash
    Then your loyalty is with Lemonis and not Mississippi State. HE recruited these guys. HE makes the final call on every decision. HE is the one making 1 million plus. This is a results business. What does winning a national championship mean if you can't do it again. You either produce or you need to hit the road. Foxhall should've been gone last year.

We have a 60 million dollar stadium. We didn't build it to win attendance records and lose to VMI in February or get beat by 4 TDs by Tennessee in May. We built the damn thing to host Super Regionals.
    No. I'm logical. We need a pitching coach. Not a head coach.

vCash
    No. I'm logical. We need a pitching coach. Not a head coach.
    While we are on nobody is safe. Why is lem?? I like him. I think he's good. I do. But he is 100% responsible for how much scholarship everyone gets. Fox and lem are both good coaches. The same two guys that led us to the series two years in a row. They didn't get stupid. But I get our performance today is completely unacceptable. I'm not gonna go ole miss fan til I see it play out.