Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe Threat Wednesday

vCash

Severe Threat Wednesday

Main threat looks to be damaging wind gusts, but a few tornadoes will be possible. Storm mode looks to linear and bowing segments, but a few warm sector discrete supercells will be possible and they will contain your biggest tornado threat. Timing will be afternoon into the evening and overnight hours. Overall, this isn't looking like an especially high end event, but if your house is in the area that gets impacted then it's high end enough.

Last edited by starkvegasdawg; 02-08-2023 at 10:08 AM.

vCash
    Will be in Jackson Wed- wed night. Just storms or tornadoes as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There will be a chance for a few tornadoes. Especially along the I-20 corridor. There will be good wind shear and looking like enough instability to sustain rotating thunderstorms. Biggest question is if there will be storm initiation ahead of the squall line in the warm sector. If that happens then the tornado risk will be at least slightly increased. Still not looking like a major event, but some severe weather is expected. If I had to draw out my highest risk area it would go from the Eudora, AR, to Yazoo City, to Jackson, down to Brookhaven, and then back to Natchez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    There will be a chance for a few tornadoes. Especially along the I-20 corridor. There will be good wind shear and looking like enough instability to sustain rotating thunderstorms. Biggest question is if there will be storm initiation ahead of the squall line in the warm sector. If that happens then the tornado risk will be at least slightly increased. Still not looking like a major event, but some severe weather is expected. If I had to draw out my highest risk area it would go from the Eudora, AR, to Yazoo City, to Jackson, down to Brookhaven, and then back to Natchez.
    Thanks for info

vCash
    Yo, once that big yellow blob leaves Louisiana and crosses the landmass, what's it look like for Trailerville, AL?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Yo, once that big yellow blob leaves Louisiana and crosses the landmass, what's it look like for Trailerville, AL?
    This was an epic question. I can't rep you enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This was an epic question. I can't rep you enough.
    Trailerville Alabama is a huge territory can you please be more specific. And no you cannot include Mississippi counties that are on the state line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Storms and tornados are the least of your concerns in Jxn.

vCash
    LANDMASS!!! Them?s fightin werds, just how big a boy ar ya

vCash
    Your weed and shine operations should be safe. The storms should start weakening as they approach the AL state line. In fact I'm expecting them to start losing some punch by the I-55 corridor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    LANDMASS!!! Them?s fightin werds, just how big a boy ar ya
    Meet me at Sonic.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Meet me at Sonic.
    You must mean the Dew Drop Inn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He really meant the Dollar General, the one by the Alexander Shunnarah sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    He really meant the Dollar General, the one by the Alexander Shunnarah sign.
    Have some rep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hey! Dew drop goes hard! Once you pick that chili burger up you ant puttin it back down.

vCash
    Upgrade to an enhanced risk. Graphic updated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Upgrade to an enhanced risk. Graphic updated.
    So, what exactly is happening here with this system? Specifically in southeast Louisiana and South MS. The squall line comes through tonight, the rain lingers on through Friday, then the cold temperatures move in Saturday. Is this a cold front, 2 cold fronts, something else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Hey! Dew drop goes hard! Once you pick that chili burger up you ant puttin it back down.
    Just watch out for babes with green teeth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    So, what exactly is happening here with this system? Specifically in southeast Louisiana and South MS. The squall line comes through tonight, the rain lingers on through Friday, then the cold temperatures move in Saturday. Is this a cold front, 2 cold fronts, something else?
    The squall line will be just ahead of the main front. Once it passes the severe threat is over. The rain right after that is anafrontal rain where the cooler drier air is wringing out what's left of the moisture. Any rain lingering into Friday will be a different wave moving through and then another front is pushing through this weekend to cool things off more substantially.

vCash
    Seems like a lot of warming to agitate things, how?s the parameters for supercells looking now?