Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pitching roles after today....

vCash

Pitching roles after today....

Gartman and Davis both looked good. 6 innings, 0 runs. We have to remember that Gartman was the pitcher of the year in his conference. And Davis was the Friday night starter for VCU.

If I had to call it right now: Cade, Gartman, and Davis would be my 3 starters. I doubt that's what Foxhall will do, just my 3.

Nixon and Dohm back end bullpen guys. Yntema a matchup lefty (hasn't given up a run in the fall + spring). Holcombe a 1 inning only, Colby White type pitcher, might not be ready for weekends yet. Stinnett and Hunt out of the pen. Loftin and Loo midweek guys to start with the potential to move to weekends. Kohn midweek starter maybe. Or maybe matchup lefty on weekends.

That's where I'm at right now.

vCash
    Have you seen any, some, or all of the scrimmages or is your info and conclusions coming from reports?

Thanks for the info.

vCash
    Davis has 3 years of D1 performance and not being a Canadian, Paducahan, or Oregonian. He was Friday Night for a team that beat UGA in a regional.

Has the Bio of JP France, a Tulane transfer that was great for MSU in 2018. Lefty with D1 experience and success.

Lemonis has February and March to get pitching roles sorted out.

In 2021. The first weekend rotation was McLeod, Fristoe, and Harding. Tullar was first from the pen. Even Cerantola started the first SEC Sunday. EC lasted 1.1 inning vs LSU. By July, only one was still going strong. The first closers were Lovette, Spencer Price, and Riley Self. None of them were doing much by Omaha. Sims was middle relief, Bednar was hurt,

vCash
    If I was in MSU's shoes....

Fri- Gartman
    Sat- Cade Smith
    Sun- Loftin or Loo

Long relief- Hunt

Closer- Nixon
    Relief Ace- Dohm
    Set-up- Holcombe
    Others- Pico and Tyler Davis

Midweek- Loftin and Loo
    SWAC- Stinnett

vCash
    "SWAC", Usually we give that critical job to a Freshman prospect. Like Logan Forsythe this year.

I think Pico rates much higher than "other". He might be Lefty Long Relief to KC as Righty Long Relief

I am intrigued by Nate Williams, could be making contributions this season. Power Pitcher that would be a Setup Man at MSU. All his stats are as a starter, but as an 8th inning man, he could be Colby White 2.0. Has to adjust to that role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Gartman and Davis both looked good. 6 innings, 0 runs. We have to remember that Gartman was the pitcher of the year in his conference. And Davis was the Friday night starter for VCU.

If I had to call it right now: Cade, Gartman, and Davis would be my 3 starters. I doubt that's what Foxhall will do, just my 3.

Nixon and Dohm back end bullpen guys. Yntema a matchup lefty (hasn't given up a run in the fall + spring). Holcombe a 1 inning only, Colby White type pitcher, might not be ready for weekends yet. Stinnett and Hunt out of the pen. Loftin and Loo midweek guys to start with the potential to move to weekends. Kohn midweek starter maybe. Or maybe matchup lefty on weekends.

Davis won't be a starter first weekend. Dohm is the guy they will have to figure out what to do with. He bud legit. I think they want him to be a pen guy. But he might end up a starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

Fri- Gartman
    Sat- Cade Smith
    Sun- Loftin or Loo

Long relief- Hunt

Closer- Nixon
    Relief Ace- Dohm
    Set-up- Holcombe

Midweek- Loftin and Loo
    SWAC- Stinnett
    Gartman isn't a Fri night guy in the sec.

vCash

Fri- Gartman
    Sat- Cade Smith
    Sun- Loftin or Loo

Long relief- Hunt

Closer- Nixon
    Relief Ace- Dohm
    Set-up- Holcombe

Midweek- Loftin and Loo
    SWAC- Stinnett
    The guy who is being left out is the juco lhp. He will get us inning in the pen. I agree hunt is long relief first guy out of pen to keep you in a game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Gartman isn't a Fri night guy in the sec.
    Nor is anyone else on the roster. Except maybe Loftin and Loo. And that's down the road.

vCash
    The guy who is being left out is the juco lhp. He will get us inning in the pen. I agree hunt is long relief first guy out of pen to keep you in a game
    Ynetema? I almost included him.

vCash
    He's done well in the scrimmages

vCash
    Yes.

vCash
    Yes.
    I'm a need a pronunciation please

vCash
    Damn. When I read y?all writing about our pitching, I see a 10-20 SEC record. Surely these guys are better then that. And as far as Guys not being SEC level pitching, didn?t Memphis have a guy who no-hit us last year threw 6 innings and then there BP fell apart and we got on em hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm a need a pronunciation please
    Just like it sounds en-e-ma. Let?s hope he is good enough to do a few of those to loosing up the opponents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

Where does our amphibious kid fit in? He
    was very highly rated coming in.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    That's Loo. I would start him mid-week with the potential to be a weekend starter. Very talented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    He was hitting 95 RH today and 90 LH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Damn. When I read y?all writing about our pitching, I see a 10-20 SEC record. Surely these guys are better then that. And as far as Guys not being SEC level pitching, didn?t Memphis have a guy who no-hit us last year threw 6 innings and then there BP fell apart and we got on em hard.
    That’s Gartman. Also, you should know “some” people on here are always doom and gloom, we suck again, no pitching/no hitting…

vCash
    Doom and gloom or whatever I do think we suck again. Hopefully our O is good enough to squeak in as a low 2 or high 3 seed.