Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: State vs mizzou basketball GDT

vCash
    Jans has said he didn't start Shak earlier in the year because he wanted a scorer coming off the bench. He was grasping because he knows he doesn't have a lot of shooters. He acknowledged that it didn't work but a coach has to try things. If Stevenson didn't recently provide some points off the bench we probably would have lost more of the games that Shak started.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Well I understand basketball very well and all we can go off is what we see on the court. I've seen nothing to show me Shak should have been coming off the bench behind Horton, Reed or Shawn Jones. Shak should have been our starter from day 1, he is by far our best gaurd. Reed, Horton, Jones aren't even SEC gaurds.

I agree with you about Russell, other than the dunk he hasn't shown much but let's be honest, he barely gets the opportunity to show anything. He can't be any worse than Jones and Reed. I'd love to see him get meaningful game time minutes.
    It takes coaches a little time to get their rotation figured out esp a 1st year coach
    Shaq coming off the bench didn?t cost us a game
    He didn?t play the Drake game ( injury)
    He was 0-11 again Utah .. we still won thanks to Davis
    Reed was leading scorer against Marquette
    Horton is now off the team which makes us better
    Jones and Stevenson are playing their way into minutes .. and both are taking minutes away from Reed which is fine
    Reed is still a veteran player and I bet there will be one or 2 games where he finds his stroke and helps with a W
    Maybe Shaq coming off the bench early was the best thing for him, made him play harder on both sides of the ball