Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Coordinator and position coach interviews

vCash
    yes, ole miss fans do have a low IQ and many other issues which are further exposed the more they post here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Georgia, LSU, and Alabama had some of the best defenses in the country this year. Two of those three were on the road. The other we had at home beat everyone on their schedule.

Simply put AGAIN- we are not going to consistently score a ton of points on bluebloods and elite defenses. I don't care what scheme we run or who our coach is. And that's not going to change with Barbay either. Our fans think that some coaching genius can make some fancy play calls and all of a sudden our three star guys are going to be 4-5 star guys because they're coached up- and it doesn't work that way.

All of this "well we stat padded against bad teams" stuff is bullshit. Most years our fans aren't even able to come up with that accusation so that says something in and of itself right there.

The best thing we can hope for is that we are competitive enough to have a chance to pull off an upset over a blueblood that isn't down. And that will be the case until we get four stars on our team.

In the meantime no one talks about Arnett's defense giving up 30+ PPG to those bluebloods or the 99 yard drive they allowed to set up Ole Miss's failed 2 point conversion or the fact that his defense allowed like four TD's in a row to Kentucky after our offense took the lead. But yeah- all defense this year!
    Maybe if Will Rogers didn?t fumble the ball at the 1 yard line the defense wouldn?t have had the chance to give up a 99 yard drive.

People are seriously bashing the defense?..

There has been maybe been 2 games the offense won the game for state the last 3 years

2020 LSU
    2021 Auburn

The only game I will blame the defense for losing is 2021 Arkansas

Memphis is iffy but we turned the ball over too much that game and gave them short fields.

vCash
    amen pike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    And the defense actually won that game with a legitimate stop on a 4th down play with about a minute to go until a completely illegitimate, phantom interference flag gave them a 1st down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Maybe if Will Rogers didn?t fumble the ball at the 1 yard line the defense wouldn?t have had the chance to give up a 99 yard drive.

People are seriously bashing the defense?..

There has been maybe been 2 games the offense won the game for state the last 3 years

2020 LSU
    2021 Auburn

Memphis is iffy but we turned the ball over too much that game and gave them short fields.
    You missed Auburn this year when our defense decided to not defend the QB run at all and after the OFFENSE got the lead the defense immediately allowed Auburn to score basically by running the ball blowing the lead and causing our offense to AGAIN drive down the field to tie the game which they did indeed do.

I'm not bashing the defense- but they're weren't as good as some MSU fans try to make them out to be and were hardly innocent in the games we lost.

And only 2 games our offense won? LOL. We scored 40+ points on A&M and Arkansas. The only defenses that stopped us at all were in the top 15. Find me any offense that consistently scores on that type of defense. It sure as hell won't be this Barbay guy that we got that literally no one knows who the hell he is. But hey! Dave Bartoo's analytics says he's good.**

vCash
    ouch

vCash
    You missed Auburn this year when our defense decided to not defend the QB run at all and after the OFFENSE got the lead the defense immediately allowed Auburn to score basically by running the ball blowing the lead and causing our offense to AGAIN drive down the field to tie the game which they did indeed do.

I'm not bashing the defense- but they're weren't as good as some MSU fans try to make them out to be and were hardly innocent in the games we lost.

And only 2 games our offense won? LOL. We scored 40+ points on A&M and Arkansas. The only defenses that stopped us at all were in the top 15. Find me any offense that consistently scores on that type of defense. It sure as hell won't be this Barbay guy that we got that literally no one knows who the hell he is. But hey! Dave Bartoo's analytics says he's good.**
    Not to dispute it completely but the TAM game we had an INT TD and block FG returned for TD. That block came after we fumbled on our side of the field giving TAM great field position when the game was 14-3. Maybe the offense did enough either way to win but it's a 28-24 or 27 game at best without that defensive hold after the fumble, block FG and then the pick 6 later in the game. Forbes had another INT as well and we missed a FG off of that INT. Took all 3 phases to win that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Not to dispute it completely but the TAM game we had an INT TD and block FG returned for TD. That block came after we fumbled on our side of the field giving TAM great field position when the game was 14-3. Maybe the offense did enough either way to win but it's a 28-24 or 27 game at best without that defensive hold after the fumble, block FG and then the pick 6 later in the game. Forbes had another INT as well and we missed a FG off of that INT. Took all 3 phases to win that game.
    It does take all three phases to win a game. It's also worth mentioning that the officials basically gifted A&M a garbage time TD at the end of the game.

I looked at an analytics web site and our offense was rated 37th our defense in the top 20 and our special teams in the top 10 this year. With our schedule we had a pretty darn good team.

I don't want to heavily criticize any side of the ball but for some of our fans to sit there and act like our defense did everything this year and was the only reason why we won is factually incorrect.

vCash
    It does take all three phases to win a game. It's also worth mentioning that the officials basically gifted A&M a garbage time TD at the end of the game.

I looked at an analytics web site and our offense was rated 37th our defense in the top 20 and our special teams in the top 10 this year. With our schedule we had a pretty darn good team.

I don't want to heavily criticize any side of the ball but for some of our fans to sit there and act like our defense did everything this year and was the only reason why we won is factually incorrect.
    Yeah - people want to discount last season as always. It is never "MSU was good", it is always about other teams sucking, or "you can make stats say anything". Just look at Illinois. They gave up 12.8 ppg as the top scoring D in the Nation. We scored 13 on offense against them, and gained 115 more yards then their season average as the #3 Total Defense in the country. They were #8 in Passing D, and we put up 100 more yards then their average, and we gained 16 more yards rushing then their #10 Rushing D gave up per game. But, people will down it as "they aren't SEC, or they were missing players". That team was very good, and we act like we had a struggle against Vandy.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18