Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
A guy with 1 year OC experience and who was an assistant high school coach 2 years ago to come into this league as an OC? No way can you make that decision. He may end up being good, time will tell but extremely too risky of a chance to bring him in.
I think they are both risky. I have not looked at a ton of games he has called. I did watch the LSU and Mizzou game in 2021 when he was at CM to see what he would dod against better talent. I went through the plays after watching it too. There were 39 passing attempts to 31 rushing at LSU. Some series, were runs with 3 and out. Some were all passes. But they did try to establish the run and got down by 21 within the 1st quarter which led to more passes.

It was different vs Mizzou. They threw 4 times to 1 rush on the opening drive and continued that until they were up.

To me the game plan vs LSU was horrible. Against Mizzou was way better. A CMU is not going to rush it well against LSU and that was what they tried to do. Against Mizzou, they opened up the run game by making them respect the passing.