Thread: Coordinator and position coach interviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    The bold is opinion too. A lot of people felt that MSU was reaching new heights due to the 9 win season and the changes being made.

Yes, he is hired. For better or worse, we are married to it/him for 3 years. He will deserve his chance to make his case unless the wheels come off.
    Bold? Guess it matters who considers it good vs meh. But the stats and games are facts. Lots more meh than good. New heights? We went backward this year w a veteran team and QB. No way around that. Yes we won 9 games. That's good. Had our offense had a pulse we would have won more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Bold? Guess it matters who considers it good vs meh. But the stats and games are facts. Lots more meh than good. New heights? We went backward this year w a veteran team and QB. No way around that. Yes we won 9 games. That's good. Had our offense had a pulse we would have won more.
    Not going to rehash this over and over and over. All teams fluctuate from season to season for various reasons. Winning 9 games is not a step back. That's a step forward. Having less passing yards or whatever can be from not having a viable deep threat with the relationship built between WR and QB. It could be, in the case of rushing, that a different OG was not as efficient as the OG before him so we averaged .5 or more yards less. that does not equal stepping backwards when the results meant more wins.

You are not going to change peoples mind on that and it really serves no purpose to demand that they change their opinion to match others.

That's my last comment on it.

We enter a new era at Ms St with Arnett. So let's go and get it done.

vCash
    Not going to rehash this over and over and over. All teams fluctuate from season to season for various reasons. Winning 9 games is not a step back. That's a step forward. Having less passing yards or whatever can be from not having a viable deep threat with the relationship built between WR and QB. It could be, in the case of rushing, that a different OG was not as efficient as the OG before him so we averaged .5 or more yards less. that does not equal stepping backwards when the results meant more wins.

You are not going to change peoples mind on that and it really serves no purpose to demand that they change their opinion to match others.

Great. Clearly our offense got better last year. I just didn't see it.... yes we won 9 games bc our offense was great. Not sure how I didn't see it myself. Is that a promise your out. I should get an award from the rest of the board if so!!!
    Last edited by Homedawg; 02-04-2023 at 10:29 AM.

vCash

9 wins in a season where we played Alabama, Georgia, and LSU- I'll always take it.

The issue is us scoring consistently against Bluebloods. That's never going to change no matter what scheme we run.