Thread: Men's basketball remaining schedule

vCash

Men's basketball remaining schedule

We are currently 14-8 (2-7) with 9 games remaining. We have two Quad 1 wins and one Quad 2. Here is our remaining schedule:

vs. Missouri
    vs. LSU
    @ Arkansas
    vs. Kentucky
    @ Ole Miss
    @ Missouri
    vs. Texas A&M
    vs South Carolina
    @ Vanderbilt

We need to go 7-2, maybe 6-3 and win a game or two in the SEC tourney to have a shot to get in the dance. It can be done but we need our gaurd play to continue playing good. Shak and Davis have both played pretty good lately, that has to continue, especially Shak when he is on we are really hard to beat. It would be nice to get some help from DJ on the perimeter also but he is so unreliable. Tolu and Cam have both been good for us around the basket and Tyler Stevenson and Will Mcnair have provided a spark also.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 02-02-2023 at 07:43 AM.

vCash
    in order from toughest to easiest

@Arkansas
    @Missouri

Kentucky
    Missouri
    @Ole miss
    Texas A&M
    @Vandy

LSU
    South Carolina

vCash
    As far as SEC conference tournament, we probably need to shoot for the 7 seed. It would mean we leap frog Vandy, Georgia, Arkansas, and Mizzou in the standings. It is very doable, especially looking at those teams' remaining schedules.

We probably have the easiest remaining schedule of those teams with the possible exception of Missouri, but we get to play them twice, so we just need to take care of business.

The 7 would play the 10 first game. It would appear the 10 will be either Vandy, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss or South Carolina. I would expect Missouri and Arkansas to be the 8 & 9.

vCash
    I think you have to win all of the following games, no question:

LSU
    @Ole Miss
    SC
    @Vandy

Then, among the other five games (Mizzou x 2, @ Arkansas, Kentucky, A&M), you need 2 or 3 wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I think you have to win all of the following games, no question:

LSU
    @Ole Miss
    SC
    @Vandy

Then, among the other five games (Mizzou x 2, @ Arkansas, Kentucky, A&M), you need 2 or 3 wins.
    You have to defend the home court and win on the road vs Ole Miss and Vandy. It's actually doable. Missouri on Saturday is HUGE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You have to defend the home court and win on the road vs Ole Miss and Vandy. It's actually doable. Missouri on Saturday is HUGE.
    The TCU win was huge.

The bears and Vandy are extremely winnable. Rumors are that Vandy people want Stackhouse out, and we all know what is happening to Kermit. Plus the committee puts a big emphasis on your last 10 games, we could be coming in hot.

vCash
    Those two road games and this one Saturday and the Kentucky and A&M games are all close to 50/50 55/45 games we need all 5 of them. Winning at BWA and Mizzou will be a tall task.

vCash
    We need to get to at least 22 to get to the dance and Kentucky and Mizzou are needed wins. Right now KY is only on the Playin game list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I agree. Every game is big right now but getting a good win at home is vital for us right now, we can't lose to Mizzou at home this weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I agree. Every game is big right now but getting a good win at home is vital for us right now, we can't lose to Mizzou at home this weekend
    We are pretty much done if we don?t beat Mizzou and LSU at home. That puts us at 4-7 in the SEC meaning we need to win 5 of the last 7. Basically we need to win all the home games and beat Ole Miss and Vandy on the road. It?s going to be a tall task but this team plays very hard and is well coached so it?s not completely out of the realm of possibility. The UK game has me most worried because they are now playing like the 3rd best team in the SEC and have found their stride

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    We are pretty much done if we don?t beat Mizzou and LSU at home. That puts us at 4-7 in the SEC meaning we need to win 5 of the last 7. Basically we need to win all the home games and beat Ole Miss and Vandy on the road. It?s going to be a tall task but this team plays very hard and is well coached so it?s not completely out of the realm of possibility. The UK game has me most worried because they are now playing like the 3rd best team in the SEC and have found their stride
    I agree about UK, they are playing good again. I'm hoping we have found our stride again, since that Bama game we have looked pretty good also

vCash
    If we can pull off 9-9 in the conference we are a lock