Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zack Arnett press conference Wednesday afternoon....video

vCash
    We need more offensive nfl talent to be relevant. We haven't had that in quite some time.

vCash
    I really like CZA. He is a football guy and has sound thinking. Handles press well. He gets it, all of it. We may be on the cusp of doing some great things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I really like CZA. He is a football guy and has sound thinking. Handles press well. He gets it, all of it. We may be on the cusp of doing some great things.
    We are seeing why Mike was so high on him. I wouldn't be surprised if two or three years from now we have big P5 programs trying to take him away.

vCash
    His only mistake is his decision to go away from the Air Raid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Wrong, as usual.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    4 of 21 SEC players in the Super Bowl played at MSU. Dang impressive.

We can get talent and we can win.
    What's more impressive. 4/22 players STARTING on defense in the superbowl came from, you guessed it, State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I agree but, his statement the other day about continuing with the AR and how it would be foolish to deviate from it do give me a little hope that just maybe we're going to continue with it and see it evolve a little instead of a wholesale change.... I may be naive here taking a coach for what he said over another coaches history....but I'm hoping at least..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    I agree but, his statement the other day about continuing with the AR and how it would be foolish to deviate from it do give me a little hope that just maybe we're going to continue with it and see it evolve a little instead of a wholesale change.... I may be naive here taking a coach for what he said over another coaches history....but I'm hoping at least..
    You either didn't listen or you don't understand what CZA said. We will run some of the same passing routes. He acknowledged the AR has influenced the passing game at all levels but Leach was only one that ran a pure AR. We are going to do what others have done, use some stuff that works and adapt with some run game and different offensive approach to win games not just run a scheme.

He is here to win games not run a certain philosophy. That is what he said almost exactly.

vCash
    You either didn't listen or you don't understand what CZA said. We will run some of the same passing routes. He acknowledged the AR has influenced the passing game at all levels but Leach was only one that ran a pure AR. We are going to do what others have done, use some stuff that works and adapt with some run game and different offensive approach to win games not just run a scheme.

He is here to win games not run a certain philosophy. That is what he said almost exactly.
    Well. So far he is 1-0 in the most important statistic. 😎

vCash

Here's the quote: Pretty self explanatory...

Looking ahead to the season, Arnett said Mississippi State?s offense in the passing game will ?heavily mirror? what it did for the past 3 years under Mike Leach. To call it a ?drastic change,? Arnett said, would be ?foolish.? Conceptually what we are going to do in the passing game will not be different from previous years, Arnett said, and added it would be ?stupid? to change when you have had success like MSU did.

vCash

Looking ahead to the season, Arnett said Mississippi State?s offense in the passing game will ?heavily mirror? what it did for the past 3 years under Mike Leach. To call it a ?drastic change,? Arnett said, would be ?foolish.? Conceptually what we are going to do in the passing game will not be different from previous years, Arnett said, and added it would be ?stupid? to change when you have had success like MSU did.
    There are mixed signals between what Arnett is saying there and what Barbay says. Especially when we go out and get Mike Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    There are mixed signals between what Arnett is saying there and what Barbay says. Especially when we go out and get Mike Wright.
    I realize that...which is why I said "I may be naive here taking a coach for what he said over another coaches history....but I'm hoping at least.."

vCash

If you listened to all of it, when we pass the routes, reads, etc. will be like we had before because we got Will. The O will be different especially run game part and we are going to exploit the weakness of a D. CZA has been pretty observant.

Much like Mullen did his first year, he didn't throw away a year. He used what he had the best he could to win games. CZA said he will do same, do what will win.

If you don't like that then you ain't a Bulldog fan.

vCash
    He looks erry dude from Webster County. Needs to work on this accent though. Wonder if he's a Skoal, Grizzly, Timberwolf or Copenhagen man?
    Last edited by viverlibre; 02-05-2023 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    If you listened to all of it, when we pass the routes, reads, etc. will be like we had before because we got Will. The O will be different especially run game part and we are going to exploit the weakness of a D. CZA has been pretty observant.

Much like Mullen did his first year, he didn't throw away a year. He used what he had the best he could to win games. CZA said he will do same, do what will win.

If you don't like that then you ain't a Bulldog fan.
    It doesn't really matter who you consider a fan or not tbqh.... Everything you said was speculation based on what you 'want' to happen...it's no different than my speculation based on what I 'want' to happen.