Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember when today was NSD?

vCash

Remember when today was NSD?

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Man, yep. I would basically take today off of work to follow on Twitter each and every letter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    yea I basically checked here today to see if i might be missing anything. kind of sad to remember how it used to be and old habits die hard

vCash
    It was around this time back in 2016 when this board went nuclear.

The range of emotions from Aj Brown going to OM, Lashley choosing Bama, and us getting Jeff Simmons about broke the damn site

vCash
    We signing the corner from AL and the DL from Monticello today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We signing the corner from AL and the DL from Monticello today?
    That is the word. Both under the radar guys, who fit our profile
    Last edited by HancockCountyDog; 02-01-2023 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    2013 NSD still takes the cake as far as craziness. OM had gotten this highly priced, no that was not a misspell, class but a lot of us felt good about the class we had gotten. I remember there just being a haze over Starkville the night before and just knowing that things were about to be crazy in about 12 hours.

I still remember when I was told we were getting Chris Jones. It was about 10 PM that night before. Best investment we ever made.

vCash
    For some reason I feel like we have some absolute steals in this class. I suspect one day we will look back at this class and be amazed at the production we got out of them even though they are coming in with little fanfare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    For some reason I feel like we have some absolute steals in this class. I suspect one day we will look back at this class and be amazed at the production we got out of them even though they are coming in with little fanfare.
    I agree. This class has been undervalued. If you told me the day Leach went into the hospital we would have closed with this class.... I would have taken it in a heart beat. We made the call on Arnett and worked hard to hold the class together. Now we revamped our staff and these new Bulldogs are going to get quality coaching, new schemes, etc. Who knows, this may be the best class we have ever signed compared to what could have happened.

vCash
    Since I don't decipher Twitter can they at least pit their names in bigger letters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Since I don't decipher Twitter can they at least pit their names in bigger letters.
    Click link in each announcement that says "full bio"
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Yeah. Crazy. I completely forgot about it. I just saw an email about the signing class and came here to look.

vCash
    Arnett and staff did a great job keeping the signing class together, adding players through the portal and today added a couple of very nice pieces, including the dl om thought they had. Great job by CZA and staff!

vCash
    Regarless of whatever happens, Arnett did exactly what we needed him to do to maintain our momentum.
    1. He got rid of Rara and kept the players we needed including Tulu, DJ, Marks, etc.
    2. He signed almost everyone that was committed.
    3. Added important positions through the portal.
    4. minimized our transfers out.
    5. Finished strong with a great 2nd signing day that actually adds to our undervalued 1st signing day haul in overall talent.

Now.... lets see how our new staff gets these guys motivated.

vCash
    Now is the time to buy in. Just like December was the time to buy Nasdaq index funds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Our 2011 class was ranked 41st and had 7 future NFL players in it. Mullen could sure find some Diamonds.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 02-01-2023 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Our 2011 class was ranked 41st and had 7 future NFL players in it. Mullen could sure find some Diamonds.
    Mullen and Hev consistently found guys who had the measurables, but not the skills. They were confident enough in their coaching skills that they believed they could teach the skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    Regarless of whatever happens, Arnett did exactly what we needed him to do to maintain our momentum.
    1. He got rid of Rara and kept the players we needed including Tulu, DJ, Marks, etc.
    2. He signed almost everyone that was committed.
    3. Added important positions through the portal.
    4. minimized our transfers out.
    5. Finished strong with a great 2nd signing day that actually adds to our undervalued 1st signing day haul in overall talent.

Now.... lets see how our new staff gets these guys motivated.
    Has DJ's returning announcement actually been made? I just don't recall seeing it if he truly is being allowed to return although I do recall someone saying he never enrolled at Washington.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    2013 NSD still takes the cake as far as craziness. OM had gotten this highly priced, no that was not a misspell, class but a lot of us felt good about the class we had gotten. I remember there just being a haze over Starkville the night before and just knowing that things were about to be crazy in about 12 hours.

I still remember when I was told we were getting Chris Jones. It was about 10 PM that night before. Best investment we ever made.
    I was sitting in a Firehouse Subs constantly refreshing my screen waiting and hoping Jones would sign. I've never been that invested and worried about a recruiting class... prior and since.
    MSU = Check Collectors